Windows 10: Internet keeps "shutting off" whenever I start almost any type of game.

Discus and support Internet keeps "shutting off" whenever I start almost any type of game. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Ever since I've built my new PC I have been getting connectivity issues with it, at first I thought it was my ISP and second I thought it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GK00, Jul 13, 2020.

1. GK00 Win User

Internet keeps "shutting off" whenever I start almost any type of game.

Hello,

Ever since I've built my new PC I have been getting connectivity issues with it, at first I thought it was my ISP and second I thought it was my network adapter but it turns out it's none of those things from what I could gather but instead, it's my system?

So, my network adapter is called "TP Link" and it allows my PC to connect to the Wi-Fi.

I also use Kaspersky Anti-Virus software and that also controls my Firewall as well.

So, for example that internet will be working fine, but as soon as I load up any type of online game and go browse the server list of that said game, they all turn up empty, indicating that I am offline, if I tab out of the game and try to search anything online, nothing works there either, however, looking down at my internet icon it says I'm connected. At this stage troubleshooting the internet by right clicking the internet icon on the taskbar provides me with varying results that change overtime, sometimes it says that it's an issue with the DNS and sometimes it says the system couldn't find any issues at all.

The strange part is, when I close the game, the internet works fine again?

The thing is, it is very inconsistent, sometimes if I leave the game open long enough it will just sort itself out and begin to work fine again meaning I can connect to the game and the internet is working

Other times I need to close the game and reopen it multiple times before getting it to work again.

I've tried disabling my anti-virus completely, I've tried making exceptions for applications in my Windows Firewall, I've tried disabling my Firewall and my anti-virus, and all of that seems to do nothing to fix the issue.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

:)

2. Holyeros Win User

Internet shuts off whenever I start up a game

Ok, I got the internet to connect, but it allways reconnected after I reset the computer, the still shuts off whenever I start up a game 50% of the time.

Holyeros, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Holyeros Win User

So I just upgraded to Win10 from win7 a few days ago and I have noticed whenever I start up a game the internet disconnects and I can NOT reconnect. This happens with Borderlands 3 on the Epic games store and the Outerworlds on the Xbox cliet for PC. When
    this happens my internet itself is fine. My phone connects and uses the internet even when this happens. Resetting my internet does nothing. My pc will still refuse to connect but my phone will.

And yes, I went into the power settings of the ethernet and checked off "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"

And this has done nothing.

Sometimes I can connect but I will always d/c later on.

The only thing that fixes this is to reset my PC and it will connect and browse the internet just fine...until I try to play a game.

What is going on? How do I fix this?!

Holyeros, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Holyeros Win User

Welp, it still disconnects whenever I try the play Borderlands 3 on the Epic games store and The Outerworlds for the xbox client for PC. Again, once I close the game I can reconnect the internet and it then stays connected when I boot up the game again.

Now, World of Warcraft does not disconnect it when I start it up and I am able to play for like 4 hours with no problems.

Also, Universe Sandbox 2 on Steam does not disconnect it. I was able to download a patch just fine.

So it seems the Epic Games Client and the Xbox client does not play well with my windows 10?

Any other ideas before I try that last resort?

Holyeros, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Internet keeps "shutting off" whenever I start almost any type of game. - Similar Threads - Internet keeps shutting

2. Internet Drops to 1 mbps whenever i open any game

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Drops to 1 mbps whenever i open any game: I had this issue from the last 1 week. Whenever i open any game my internet just goes to 1 mbps and when i close the game it just gets back to 150 mbpsi tried to fix this issue by reinstalling the wifi drivers but it does not work i tried every single tricks that i have seen...
  3. My pc keeps crashing whenever i startup any game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc keeps crashing whenever i startup any game.: My pc specs... RX 7900 XTX, Ryen 7 5800x. The error message im getting is... LiveKernelEvent 141, Files that help describe the problemWATCHDOG-20240305-0204.dmp sysdata.xml WERInternalMetadata.xml...
  4. My pc keeps crashing whenever i startup any game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc keeps crashing whenever i startup any game.: My pc specs... RX 7900 XTX, Ryen 7 5800x. The error message im getting is... LiveKernelEvent 141, Files that help describe the problemWATCHDOG-20240305-0204.dmp sysdata.xml WERInternalMetadata.xml...
  5. Internet disconnects whenever I turn off game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet disconnects whenever I turn off game: I have had this issue for a while. I had even factory reset my laptop just last week and wiped it clean and it still continues to disconnect from the internet. I happened to notice that when I start to play a game the internet will stay on, but when I exit out the game...
  6. Internet disconnects whenever I turn off game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet disconnects whenever I turn off game: I have had this issue for a while. I had even factory reset my laptop just last week and wiped it clean and it still continues to disconnect from the internet. I happened to notice that when I start to play a game the internet will stay on, but when I exit out the game...
  7. Internet disconnects whenever I open a game

Internet disconnects whenever I open a game: I've had this problem for over a MONTH. Whenever I open any game my internet disconnects completely and the only way to get my internet back is to restart my laptop, sometimes I have to restart twice to see an available wi-fi. I've tried nearly every possible solution to this...
  8. Internet keep disconnecting whenever i open a game

Internet keep disconnecting whenever i open a game: So i've had this problem for a couple weeks now. Whenever i open a game like valorant my internet disconnects entirely. The only way to fix it is to update the network driver and it will fix it for a couple minutes and go back to disconnecting. My internet works completely...
  9. games keep crashing whenever i ignore any windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    games keep crashing whenever i ignore any windows update: my games keeps crashing if any windows updates comes. even the realtek audio update. if i do it i can play the games without them crashing. but when i dont my game will instantly close without even leaving an error codeMY pc specsgtx 1070i5 9400f8 gbs of ram...
  10. Internet shuts off whenever I start up a game

Internet shuts off whenever I start up a game: So I just upgraded to Win10 from win7 a few days ago and I have noticed whenever I start up a game the internet disconnects and I can NOT reconnect. This happens with Borderlands 3 on the Epic games store and the Outerworlds on the Xbox cliet for PC. When this happens my...