Windows 10: Internet lag anomaly

Discus and support Internet lag anomaly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a desktop hard wired to a modem & a laptop Wi-Fi linked to same modem. Both devices run Win 10 v2004 Laptop behaves OK with Ookla ping ~ 8... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Johnbespoke, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Internet lag anomaly

I have a desktop hard wired to a modem & a laptop Wi-Fi linked to same modem.
    Both devices run Win 10 v2004
    Laptop behaves OK with Ookla ping ~ 8 -12ms, Down >=30mps & Up >8mps consistent over several tests.
    Desktop has sporadic ping times usu 25 - 35ms but v. occasionally 8 - 14ms, all with Dn & Up similar to laptop.

Laptop fine on internet access & browsing is virtually instantaneous.

Desktop internet lag is atrocious & browsing appaling; - >>30 seconds to acquire sites

Any suggestions please?

:)

Johnbespoke, Jul 6, 2020

2. Internet lags while gaming

Can surf internet with no lag, Playing games like TF2, Gmod, Counter strike :global offensive. Max resolution. cable speed is around 20 mb/s with 5 mbs up
    specs will be listed in 1 min

nathan10007, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Jul 6, 2020
  4. flmatter Win User

Internet lag anomaly

Internet lags while gaming

as @ZenZimZaliben has said fill out system specs or list them for us ......

Question #1 Can you surf internet fine with no lag issues?
    Question #2 What games are you playing that experience the lag issues? What resolution settings are you using for your games? Max, min or something in the middle?
    Question #3 What is your dsl/cable speed? are you are running 10mbs down and 1 mbs up?

flmatter, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Internet lag anomaly

1. Internet lag anomaly - Similar Threads - Internet lag anomaly

2. Microsoft PIN - anomaly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft PIN - anomaly: Hello, I have a puzzle that worries me. I opened my computer today, and I couldn't sign in with my PIN. I fixed to problem at this website with my password, but how was the PIN changed? Has my account been hacked? And there are no options to contact Microsoft through this...
  3. Microsoft PIN - anomaly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft PIN - anomaly: Hello, I have a puzzle that worries me. I opened my computer today, and I couldn't sign in with my PIN. I fixed to problem at this website with my password, but how was the PIN changed? Has my account been hacked? And there are no options to contact Microsoft through this...
  4. Editing anomaly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Editing anomaly: On occasions when editing I get weird movements. Sometimes the cursor just repositions. Sometimes text just disappears and the cursor relocates. This happens in different editors - usually in Google Mail when composing a mail reply and sometimes in a financial blog while...
  5. Switch On Anomaly

in Windows 10 Support
    Switch On Anomaly: I have recently purchased a refurbished Dell Optiplex 7010MT desktop pc with Windows 10 Pro ver 1909 installed which is working well.There is a very odd feature however, on startup I switch on the power at the mains socket and immediatly the switch on the start button on the...
  6. Internet Lagging Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Lagging Problem: So recently i brought a gaming pc and i have a xbox so when i play on the pc and my brother is on the xbox playing he start lagging when ever im on the pc windows 10 i dont know ifwindows 10 take up alot of wifi or somethng wrong with my pc or i need to upgrade my internet...
  7. Version 1809 anomaly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Version 1809 anomaly: When I try to download the October Update (Version 1809), I get a message saying that I already have the latest version. Also, on the Settings/Windows Update page, in the top right hand corner is a note "What's New - Your device recently got the latest Windows 10...
  8. LibreOffice Anomaly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LibreOffice Anomaly: I have LibreOffice 5.2 installed in My HP Pavilion Desktop where it has been running satisfactorily for some time. I recently installed the program in my HP Pavilion Laptop, the version now is updated to 5.4. With the earlier version I can scan in wirelessly from any of...
  9. Network anomaly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network anomaly: I am running Windows XP Pro 32-bit with a PCI network card. On reboot, half the time Network Connections shows both: Internet Gateway Internet connection - - - - - connected ____________________________________ LAN or Highspeed Internet Local Area Connection - - - -...
  10. Mouse Setting Anomalies

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Setting Anomalies: ​Being a lefty, I reverse the buttons on my mouse, and use it on the left side of the keyboard. The mouse, BTW, is a wireless MS 3500 series. Intermittently upon boot up, the mouse responds to right handed commands, even though in Control Panel it is still set to my lefty...