Windows 10: Internet less than half speed connected to ETHERNET

Discus and support Internet less than half speed connected to ETHERNET in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two custom pc's. Both have similar issues. Suppose to be getting 1gb internet speed, but am constantly only pulling ~200 to 300mbs. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EBeck04, Sep 25, 2020.

1. EBeck04 Win User

Internet less than half speed connected to ETHERNET

I have two custom pc's. Both have similar issues. Suppose to be getting 1gb internet speed, but am constantly only pulling ~200 to 300mbs. I have checked and replaced cat cables, I have reset modem and router, I have updated and checked drivers, I have booted from linux live and the problem still persists. Also did windows network autotuning and updated bios. ISP states that they are getting 100% signal. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Primary PC Specs:

I7 9700k

gigabyte aorus pro z390

32gb Corsair RAM 3000

evga gtx 1070

1tb ssd and 1tb sshd

asus rt ax82u router

:)

EBeck04, Sep 25, 2020

2. Internet connection speeds

I'm really curious about this, considering the amount of hoopla every major internet connection provider likes to claim about their services, and many times exaggerated just to help their own sales . . .

So, with that in mind, anyone willing to post up their download/upload connection speeds, and we can see just how much of a difference there is in the various internet connection types.

Hit up Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test, choose the location closest to your home and begin the test, afterwards, copy and paste your result here. Also, please list what type of connection you have (dial-up, cable, DSL, VDSL, FiOS, etc) - if you are running through an ethernet connection, please also list whether it's a direct connection, or your LAN/WiFi connection speeds.

So, I guess I'lll start:

Verizon standard DSL - D-Link 802.11g 54Mbps

Internet less than half speed connected to ETHERNET 189114715.png

imperialreign, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Internet connection speed challenge

When using wireless internet our 2 Dell laptops are getting download speeds of around 1.4Mbps. (we have a service that offers up to 24Mbps speeds).

Using the same wireless internet, my linx tablet gets a speed of 15Mbps, ten times as fast.

When we connect a laptop to the router using the ethernet cable we can also get that 15Mbps.

So the challenge appears to us to be around using the Dells with a wireless connection.

The network and Bluetooth drivers are the correct ones for Windows 10.

Can anyone suggest how we might resolve this please (and if there are things needing to be checked or settings changed, please explain exactly where to find them as chances are I won't know *Huh).

Thanks

SaggyMaggyPoo, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Sonudixit Win User

slow internet speed through ethernet(high speed internet connection), and disk usage as high as 100 percent

i have an ethernet connection for using internet. i have 2 windows 10 , version 1607 laptops. When i plug the ethernet cable in one laptop, i can use internet at the speed promised by my service provider(2mbps). I have checked this speed in task manager.

but when i plug in the same ethernet cable in other laptop, internet speed in task manager shows very little speed near about 50 kbps. and this too doesnt remain constant. the speed varies very rapidly between 0-100 kbps. suppose first i saw 20kbps, then
    in next second it goes as high as 100 kbps..and then in the next second it shows 0kbps..remains 0kbps for a few seconds, and then again speed picks up for a few seconds.

One more key observation, whenever internet speed grows, my disk usage grows as high as 100 percent. And then internet speed slows down.

Whenever i connect this laptop(the one i am using ) to internet either through ethernet/wifi...even with higher speed connection, though i get a bit higher speed, but i have observed a lot of fluctuations in speed in task-manager, performance tab, the graph
    rarely stays straight(constant), it just forms a triangular shape, it as if a connection loss is taking place every 4-5 seconds.

A month ago, this PC was working well.

Sonudixit, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Internet less than half speed connected to ETHERNET - Similar Threads - Internet less half

2. The internet is running on cable at half speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The internet is running on cable at half speed: The internet is running on cable at half speedI have 20Mbps and when I plug in Lan Cable it happens 9or10mbps or less.I try install driver but same. Don't have max speedHelp...
  3. The internet is running on cable at half speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The internet is running on cable at half speed: The internet is running on cable at half speedI have 20Mbps and when I plug in Lan Cable it happens 9or10mbps or less.I try install driver but same. Don't have max speedHelp...
  4. Internet speed drops to half

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet speed drops to half: Hello, its few months when I have this problem, and my provider said that my speed its not limited. But when I am downloading games (it happend with rockstar, and now with steam too) first 17gb its downloaded with normal speed, but after 17gb, speed drops at half and dont...
  5. both recently updated windows devices are running at less than half connection speed while...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    both recently updated windows devices are running at less than half connection speed while...: could this be due to a windows update? submitted by /u/MLGesusRice [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gkjixg/both_recently_updated_windows_devices_are_running/
  6. Connecting to the Internet by Wi-Fi rather than ethernet

Connecting to the Internet by Wi-Fi rather than ethernet: Recently had a new modem and internet upgrade - under the previous arrangement my computer was connected by ethernet cable. Under the new arrangement I need to connect by wi-fi as the Ethernet is no longer available. Under settings on my computer windows 10 and HP Elitedesk...
  7. Games running for less than half the usual fps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games running for less than half the usual fps: Hello there, this is my first time posting here so bear with me. Since 3 days ago, while i was playing a game Sekiro shadows die twice i was playing normally, capped at 60 steady fps, nothing that my PC can't handle. About 45 minutes in, the game suddenly froze for a second...
  8. Ethernet internet speed slower than Wifi

Ethernet internet speed slower than Wifi: I will try to fix my wired internet speed that is 6 times slower than my wifi speed! My internet speed is only 80 Mbps whereas * laptop windows 10 * a realtek card PCIe GbE Family Controller #8168E, Maximum speed download/upload 1000 Mbps/1000 Mbps, latest driver (10.36 -...
  9. slower internet connection on ethernet than wireless

slower internet connection on ethernet than wireless: i have a AC600 wifi adapter and a ASUS rt-ac1200g+ router, we pay for 100mbps down. i can hit 30mbps on the wifi adapter but when i try ethernet it is locked at 10mbps at full duplex which is really weird. i have tried cat5e/6/7 but all does the same. i have tried in cmd...
  10. Issues with ethernet connection - internet slower than on WiFi

Issues with ethernet connection - internet slower than on WiFi: I have a desktop pc in room 1 which up until now has been connecting fine to the internet via WiFi from the router (DrayTek Vigor2710ne) in room 2. I was getting acceptable speeds using WiFi but in an effort to see if I could get a faster connection I decided to run an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my wifi speed is half of ethernet