Windows 10: internet lock out Internet Explorer

Discus and support internet lock out Internet Explorer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When trying to figure out how to log on to a gmail account recently created for me, I clicked on a site and immediately a red screen appeared... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mrs Towne, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Mrs Towne Win User

internet lock out Internet Explorer

When trying to figure out how to log on to a gmail account recently created for me, I clicked on a site and immediately a red screen appeared instructing me that my computer was at risk and that I should call 1-888-236-3732.

Is that a valid number? Or is there another way to recover my internet use on Internet Explorer?

:)

Mrs Towne, Dec 2, 2019
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

internet lock out Internet Explorer wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Internet Explorer not working

Hi,

To better assist you with your Internet Explorer concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What is the exact error message that you are getting when using Internet Explorer?
    • What is the exact error message that you are getting when using Excel?

Meanwhile, you can refer to PranavMishra5582's suggested steps in fixing Internet Explorer issues on this

link

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Dec 2, 2019
  4. internet lock out Internet Explorer

internet explorer

Hello John,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with when you try to run a specific program using Internet Explorer or Mozilla, you get an error message: “Not connected to internet” on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

In order to understand the issue more clearly, I would request you to kindly provide me with the following information.

• Is this issue related to a specific program or with all the programs using Internet Explorer?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

• Since how long are you experiencing this issue?

• Are you able to open other sites using Internet Explorer on the system?
    There is a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to compatibility issues or incorrect Internet Explorer settings in the system.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run the In-built Internet Explorer troubleshooters. Internet Explorer troubleshooters in Windows 8.1 Preview.

By default, Windows 8.1 has the following two Internet Explorer troubleshooters internet lock out Internet Explorer :( A) Internet Explorer Performance (B) Internet Explorer Safety.

To run Internet Explorer troubleshooters, please follow the steps mentioned below.

• Close all programs.

• Press Windows key + C.

• Type troubleshooting, under search.

• Click on troubleshooting and click view all on the task pane on the left.

• Click Internet Explorer Performance.

• Click next in the dialogue box.

• The troubleshooter will run and fix all identified issues automatically.

• Click Close.
    Note: After you run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter, start Internet Explorer to see whether the issue is fixed. If the issue still occurs, run the Internet Explorer Safety troubleshooter by
    using the same steps as mentioned earlier.

If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

How to runInternet Explorer without add-ons”,
    please follow the steps given below.

• Click the “Start” button.

• Click “All Programs”.

• Click “Accessories”.

• Click “System Tools”, and then click
      Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).
    Note: Add-ons can sometimes cause browsers to run slowly and crash, or they might pose a security or compatibility risk. You can turn off specific add-ons to help increase
    your browsing speed, or if you suspect they are causing problems for Internet Explorer. You can also remove add-ons that you are no longer using from your PC.

If the issue persists, follow method 3

Method 3:

How to reset Internet Explorer settings

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

Note: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Note: The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

Regarding Mozilla, I
    would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Firefox and check if that helps. To uninstall Firefox, please follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard.

• Go to Programs and Features.

• From the list of installed programs, select
      Firefox.

• Right click on the program and click on
      uninstall.

• Reboot the computer and
      reinstall the program again and check if that helps.
    If it doesn’t help, I would suggest you to get in touch withMozilla support.
    Please refer to the link given below:

Account Suspended

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Jayant Gupta, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

internet lock out Internet Explorer

1. internet lock out Internet Explorer - Similar Threads - internet lock Internet

2. Internet explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet explorer: Hello.I have the latets version of win 11.But i notice that internet explorer isn;'t availble via programs and capabilities.Is ther any w ay to downlaod manually? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer/c21be638-0285-4973-ab9e-205dfd01ff97
  3. Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Explorer: What happen if I disable Internet explorer? Is my game and apps will have bad problem after I disable Internet explorer? I don't use Internet explorer. It is connected with Edge. I have chrome as my default browser....
  4. internet explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet explorer: i have uninstalled internet explorer now i am unable to reinstall it on windows 10 . i downloaded manually but it is not working. how do i again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer/cadb3434-bc2d-435a-929a-e3f9cd031fb6
  5. Internet Explorer . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet Explorer . . .: I'm having some problems, with Internet Explorer. I want to uninstall it. But, I might reinstall it later. I opened the, Control Panel. Uninstall. But, Internet Explorer, was not there? How can I, uninstall it . . . If I, can't see it? I could, go here. To take care, of...
  6. Internet Explorer . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet Explorer . . .: My computer is a Dell laptop, running Windows 10 pro. I just installed, Internet Explorer 11. It required a restart. But, after coming back, to my desktop. It was, nowhere to be found? Do, you know where, I can look for it? Should, I re-install it? Help. Thanks for...
  7. internet explorer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    internet explorer: I lost my window 10 yahoo internet explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer/32f26c63-39a5-4b2f-a46b-71245078ff94
  8. Internet Explorer

Internet Explorer: I use Chase Bank. They are dropping Internet Explorer saying they do not support browsers with "Compatibility Mode" How do I find and change this mode in Internet Explorer?...
  9. Internet Explorer

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer: OK so I had a major update last night finally left it and went to bed around 2AM could not stay up waiting for it and my wife said she saw it was shut down by 7 this morning but that it had still be updating around 4-5AM. So when I got up I got doing my normal routine and...
  10. Internet Problem with internet explorer

Internet Problem with internet explorer: I'm facing one problem daily when i started my computer. I'm using lan cable for internet i saw the internet icon there is internet access but my internet is not working because of internet explorer setthing automatically proxy on by default. When i save the setting and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1-888-236-3732