Windows 10: Internet locks up when connected to Windows 10 device

Discus and support Internet locks up when connected to Windows 10 device in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just upgraded to a new Centurylink modem and when every my Windows 10 device connects to it, the internet speed slows way down to non-existent. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by David Voller, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Internet locks up when connected to Windows 10 device

I just upgraded to a new Centurylink modem and when every my Windows 10 device connects to it, the internet speed slows way down to non-existent. I have no issues with the same Windows 10 device when connected to my cellular hotspot. I have tried connecting directly via an ethernet cable and still have the same issue. My computer is a newer Dell, so I updated the drivers and still not fixed. I also done all the updates to my computer as well.

:)

David Voller, Mar 9, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

Did you run the Windows 10 connection troubleshooter?

Troubleshoot Internet connection problems

Also, check in the "Device Manager" to see if the network adapter is ok.
    You may need to un-install it and then "Scan for new devices".

This is published by HP; however, it gives some good info on troubleshooting with the device manager.
    HP PCs - Device Manager Information (Windows 10, 8)

95Viper, Mar 9, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 9, 2020
  4. Internet locks up when connected to Windows 10 device

Upgraded to windows 10. All devices lost internet connection.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

• Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you tried with wired connection?
    • Do you see any x mark on the internet icon in the taskbar?
    I suggest you to uninstall the network drivers as below steps.

• Press Windows+X and select “Device manager”.
    • Then expand the Network adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and uninstall it.
    And then go to the manufacturers website download the network drivers, install it and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

Internet locks up when connected to Windows 10 device

1. Internet locks up when connected to Windows 10 device - Similar Threads - Internet locks connected

2. PC not connecting to internet when first starting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not connecting to internet when first starting up: I recently got a new pc, and it's having trouble connecting to wifi wirelessly, all it says is "Ethernet 3, not connected", I was so excited for this pc but can't use it because I can't get pass this step....
  3. PC not connecting to internet when first starting up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not connecting to internet when first starting up: I recently got a new pc, and it's having trouble connecting to wifi wirelessly, all it says is "Ethernet 3, not connected", I was so excited for this pc but can't use it because I can't get pass this step....
  4. Windows has no internet when a device connected to windows hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows has no internet when a device connected to windows hotspot: If I turn windows mobile hotspot on, it has no problem. But when a device is connected to windows hotspot, suddenly I can't access the internet on my PC although windows shows "internet access" on my internet symbol. This also happened to my friends on both windows 10 and...
  5. Windows has no internet when a device connected to windows hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows has no internet when a device connected to windows hotspot: If I turn windows mobile hotspot on, it has no problem. But when a device is connected to windows hotspot, suddenly I can't access the internet on my PC although windows shows "internet access" on my internet symbol. This also happened to my friends on both windows 10 and...
  6. POP UP DIALOG WHEN DEVICE IS CONNECTED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    POP UP DIALOG WHEN DEVICE IS CONNECTED: Is there anything I can do, so everytime I plug in my headphones or speaker It will automatically will ok? I also searched it in google, where you find "Realtek HD Audio Manager" in hardware and sound in control panel. But I cant find it. Can someone help me? on how i can...
  7. Windows 10 Crashing when connected to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Crashing when connected to internet: Windows 10 is freezes whenever I connect to the internet. If I unplug the internet connection, it runs just fine, but as soon as I connect, either hard wire or wirelessly, it crashes and a blue screen comes with error CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT. System Configuration Processor:...
  8. Problem when connected to internet in windows 10

Problem when connected to internet in windows 10: If I connect the internet to windows 10 it sucking the internet. I am having limited data plan. Although I use the option metered connection its using all the internet. System is using internet in background. Please help me .....
  9. Windows 10 Refusing to Connect to the Internet When USB is Connected.

Windows 10 Refusing to Connect to the Internet When USB is Connected.: I installed Forza Horizon 4 on a USB drive earlier this week and ever since, my computer is refusing to connect to the internet no matter what I do. It works almost night and day when I eject it, but the second I plug the USB in it just refuses to connect to my wi-fi....
  10. why 'no internet connection' when I lock my screen?

why 'no internet connection' when I lock my screen?: hello, I am facing a weird issue with wifi on my laptop having latest windows 10 Home Single Language version 1803 (OS Build 17134.165). I'm using broadband, to which my laptop is always connected. Whenever I lock my laptop or put it on sleep, I am not getting internet...