Windows 10: Internet may be blocked by a firewall or antivirus

Discus and support Internet may be blocked by a firewall or antivirus in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, recently I have encountered an issue that arose without any changes being made to the settings. When trying to connect the laptop to a wireless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarkRichards5, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Internet may be blocked by a firewall or antivirus

Hi, recently I have encountered an issue that arose without any changes being made to the settings. When trying to connect the laptop to a wireless network that requires you to enter a username/ password (like a hotel or a business network) it redirects to an error page that says my internet is blocked due to a firewall or anti virus. I have turned off the windows defender firewall, anti virus, malware protection, flushed DNS and tried all different browsers but nothing I have read online has worked.

I have no problem connecting through another machine such as a phone tether or WiFi sharing through another laptop so it seems the issue is only related to where there is a redirect to a login upon connection. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

:)

MarkRichards5, Oct 21, 2018

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Oct 21, 2018
  3. Firewall in Windows 10 blocks internet

I have updated to Windows10 and the firewall keeps blocking my internet. I have tried everything I could find to resolve this problem but the only thing I can do that helps is turning the firewall off totaly. The problem is that once my laptop goes in standby
    or my wifi has no internet the firewall automaticly turns back on and blocks internet again. Can someone please help me step by step with either how to allow internet with the firewall on or how to get rid of the firewall all together because I keep missing
    skype messages for work because I don't realize that internet is blocked.

Also I have noticed that since the update my wifi receiver is not as strong as before, I used to have wifi in the whole house and now if I go to another room I lose my connection, and then the whole firewall block problem starts all over again

Thank you for your help

deborrah85, Oct 21, 2018
  4. Internet may be blocked by a firewall or antivirus

Firewall & Antivirus Issues

Hi desiree!!!

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern? JUST THE UPDATES YOU CAN SEE ON THE SCREENSHOT, NOTHING ELSE...

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? RESTARTING COMPUTER ONLY
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to enable the said applications? NO ERROR MESSAGESARE BEING RETRIEVED WHEN FIREWALL OR ANTIVIRUS ARE ENABLED, NOTHIMG HAPPENS WHEN THEY'RE CLICKED

Chris Alvarado, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

Internet may be blocked by a firewall or antivirus

1. Internet may be blocked by a firewall or antivirus - Similar Threads - Internet may blocked

2. Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet: For context: I used to work from home, the company I worked for sent me the laptop to use. When my employment ended with them I repeatedly tried to contact them to arrange returning the laptop. I emailed, and left multiple messages, and never got a response back. I did speak...
  3. Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Firewall is blocking access to the internet: For context: I used to work from home, the company I worked for sent me the laptop to use. When my employment ended with them I repeatedly tried to contact them to arrange returning the laptop. I emailed, and left multiple messages, and never got a response back. I did speak...
  4. Windows Defender Firewall blocking Windows Defender Antivirus antivirus updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall blocking Windows Defender Antivirus antivirus updates: I want to use Windows Defender Firewall to block outbound connections. I've configured it to block outbound connections and added a rule to allow the browser. However Windows Defender Antivirus then cannot download antivirus updates. I've tried adding a rule to allow...
  5. Windows Defender Firewall blocking Windows Defender Antivirus antivirus updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Firewall blocking Windows Defender Antivirus antivirus updates: I want to use Windows Defender Firewall to block outbound connections. I've configured it to block outbound connections and added a rule to allow the browser. However Windows Defender Antivirus then cannot download antivirus updates. I've tried adding a rule to allow...
  6. Firewall or Antivirus is blocking VPN on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Firewall or Antivirus is blocking VPN on Windows 11: [ATTACH]A lot of use VPN for our regular internet browsing activities. It safeguards us from the tracking of aggressive marketing firms. Many of the users of Windows 11/10 are reporting that firewall or antivirus is blocking VPN. Let’s see how we can fix it. There are many...
  7. internet access blocked, says antivirus or firewall is blocking it although it never...

internet access blocked, says antivirus or firewall is blocking it although it never...: Hi I have a problem with my internet access, had this laptop for a couple of months now and it pops up all of a sudden, it has never happened before and I have a couple of assignments to hand up so pls help me if you have any suggestions. My problem persists in saying my...
  8. Firewall or Antivirus software may have blocked the connection even with firewall off?

Firewall or Antivirus software may have blocked the connection even with firewall off?: Hi, I'm trying to access a public WiFi location, and get the notification that firewall or Antivirus software may be blocking the connection. I've tried turning the firewall off and still get this result. Help?...
  9. firewall is blocking internet

firewall is blocking internet: how do ifix firewall blocking internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-is-blocking-internet/b1ac89ea-96dd-4476-b7d3-292a5793a415
  10. Firewall Blocking Internet

Firewall Blocking Internet: I am running Windows 10 Version 1809 Build 17763.292... After updating to this version my internet connection is blocked. What needs to be allowed through through the firewall for my internet to run? It is only having issues when the firewall for private networks is on....