Windows 10: Internet/MS Office "not responding" message

Discus and support Internet/MS Office "not responding" message in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; 1. I purchased an HP computer in early 2018. (Intel ® Core ™i5-7500 cpu@3.4 ghz. 8GB Ram, 64 bit operating system) 2. Here's the problem -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JeffG72, Jun 12, 2019.

1. JeffG72 Win User

Internet/MS Office "not responding" message

1. I purchased an HP computer in early 2018. (Intel ® Core ™i5-7500 cpu@3.4 ghz. 8GB Ram, 64 bit operating system)

2. Here's the problem - the internet (Firefox or Chrome) has been freezing up temporarily and giving me a “Firefox is not responding” for a few seconds up to a minute or more. The problem started at least by the first of 2019 if not before.

a) Happens almost all the time on the internet.

b) Does seem to affect Outlook at times immediately after closing Firefox or Chrome.

c) When I minimized (or closed, not sure which) Outlook and tried to open Word the computer froze up and after waiting a minute or so I had to use a hard shut down and then reboot the computer to get to Word. I was not connected to the internet at the time.

3. Here’s what I’ve done:

a) Had our local tech guy do what he can – 4 times! And a second tech person here once but neither could not identify the problem.

b) Had Mediacom here a couple of times; increased download speed from 100 to 200mb with no apparent improvement.

c) Have tried starting Firefox in the safe mode, turning off hardware acceleration, uninstalled programs that might be interfering (antivirus) and repairing the Office application to no avail.

Any ideas on what the problem is and how to solve it?

:)

JeffG72, Jun 12, 2019

2. Quicken & MS Office 2010

Hi William,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Try the commands and check if the MS Office is available on your computer. Try the below steps:

• Press Windows + R and type winword.exe
      and hit enter.

• If MS word open up MS Office is available on the system.
    If not, you have to install it again from the store.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Voyager Win User
    MS Office Apps not working after Windows 10 upgrade

After upgrading to Windows 10, MS Office Apps (e.g. Excel, Word, etc) crash.

The error message refers to excel.exe, which seems to be missing completely on my local setup.

I tried copying the excel.bak.exe file and renaming it, but get the same error. Suggestions?

Voyager, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Thema:

1. Internet/MS Office "not responding" message - Similar Threads - Internet Office responding

2. MS Office

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Office: How to upgrade Microsoft word/officde from 2019 to 2021?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-office/6c6cf6e5-cd1c-4f47-9c5d-c257520afff1
  3. My MS Office Home and Student not working. Message - "Updating MS 365 and Office. Please...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My MS Office Home and Student not working. Message - "Updating MS 365 and Office. Please...: Later Message - " We could not open MS 365 and Office because we're updating ,,,,,,,,,," Error code 147-0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-ms-office-home-and-student-not-working-message/cbf99375-abbb-40bb-9e9a-5e522b693007
  4. My MS Office Home and Student not working. Message - "Updating MS 365 and Office. Please...

My MS Office Home and Student not working. Message - "Updating MS 365 and Office. Please...: Later Message - " We could not open MS 365 and Office because we're updating ,,,,,,,,,," Error code 147-0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-ms-office-home-and-student-not-working-message/cbf99375-abbb-40bb-9e9a-5e522b693007
  5. MS Office 2013-word or excel on click, says NOT RESPONDING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Office 2013-word or excel on click, says NOT RESPONDING: on click MS word or excel, says NOT RESPONDING- and takes about 3 minutes to open the application. happens every time I try to open the application. Is it fault of Windows 10 pro OR Office 2013...
  6. MS Office 2013-word or excel on click, says NOT RESPONDING

MS Office 2013-word or excel on click, says NOT RESPONDING: on click MS word or excel, says NOT RESPONDING- and takes about 3 minutes to open the application. happens every time I try to open the application. Is it fault of Windows 10 pro OR Office 2013...
  7. MS Office 2013-word or excel on click, says NOT RESPONDING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. File Explorer Not Responding with MS Office Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Not Responding with MS Office Files: Every time I open File Explorer Windows 10, version 20H2, OS build 19042.630, it works perfectly fine until I click on a Word, Excel or Powerpoint document. The window freezes and is "Not Responding". This happens when I double-click to open the file, and even when I just...
  9. Internet not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet not responding: Further to my last question.I had the post office check the line.Iwas told the problem was fixed,but it isnt.Im still waiting several hours to respond.They told me,its slow because im too far from the exchange. What i cannot understand is,that i was with BT for my internet...
  10. Obscure Message and Crashing MS Office 2016 Apps

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Obscure Message and Crashing MS Office 2016 Apps: Whenever I try to use any app of my Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 suite -- together with Windows 10 Pro Version 1803, OS Build 17134.191 -- the following error message is displayed: "We're sorry, but ____ has run into an error that is preventing it from working...