Windows 10: Internet/Network drops when opening any application.

Discus and support Internet/Network drops when opening any application. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good evening! I have spent the last few hours trying to find a pattern to my internet disconnects and found a connection, but have no idea how to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CharlotteClarkey, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Internet/Network drops when opening any application.

Good evening!

I have spent the last few hours trying to find a pattern to my internet disconnects and found a connection, but have no idea how to use this info to solve the problem.

My internet keeps losing connection. This only occurs on my pc and laptop windows 10 and also causes alexa to have a long delay. Phones and tv are fine.

Ive pinned it down to: my connection cuts off and restarts whenever i open ANY program/application. But the severity of how long it stays down for depends on how heavy the app is Im opening.

Tested this by having ookla speed test open while opening various programs. Open the calculator? Just a second or two drop. 60 mbps-30. Then bounces back up. Opening xbox beta app? Im going down for 5-10 seconds or more. 60 mbps to about 10, or less/a freeze. Opening a game? Full internet loss and can take minutes to get it back on.

Once the program fully opens I can use it all i want with no connection drop example, i downloaded all of microsoft flight sim at 60mbps over 4 hours, but if i opened another program with it in the background it would stop downloading as the connection would interrupt. Or i can browse as many chrome tabs as I want with no drop but god forbid I open spotify, poof, internet gone!

Im on wifi with a tp-link, drivers fully updated. We use plusnet.

We have another router that can be installed and tested tomorrow, but if its something like a network setting in the current router then itll be a waste of time setting up a whole new one only for the same issue to occur!

Any help is very much appreciated. Also i dont really understand network settings and IPs, but can follow instruction :

:)

CharlotteClarkey, Dec 27, 2020
  2. Gramps Win User

Internet connection dropping

I had already tried this and it did not work. I did find an updated driver for my adapter (Realtek) and so far no more problems. Thanks for the suggestion!

Gramps, Dec 27, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 27, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

Internet/Network drops when opening any application.

Edge drops the internet

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you use a new InPrivate window. To open a new InPrivate window, follow the steps below:

• Open Edge.
    • Click on the three dots icon on the upper-right part of the screen.
    • Click New InPrivate window.

If the issue persists, we recommend that you run the Network troubleshooter. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • In the search bar, type Network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

To isolate the cause of the issue, turn off any third-party security software or firewalls in your system. If possible,
    try moving your PC or laptop closer to the router or access point.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

Internet/Network drops when opening any application.

1. Internet/Network drops when opening any application. - Similar Threads - Internet Network drops

2. Internet Drops to 1 mbps whenever i open any game

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Drops to 1 mbps whenever i open any game: I had this issue from the last 1 week. Whenever i open any game my internet just goes to 1 mbps and when i close the game it just gets back to 150 mbpsi tried to fix this issue by reinstalling the wifi drivers but it does not work i tried every single tricks that i have seen...
  3. Wifi but no internet on any network?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi but no internet on any network?: I have had a recent problem with my laptop, where I am able to connect to any wifi wirelessly, but I am unable to access the internet. However, I am able to access the internet if I connect a lan cable directly from my laptop to my router. I have already done a network reset...
  4. Network drops when playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network drops when playing: I have Desktop and I am connected LAN. I disconnect and reconnect my ethernet already however my network keeps on dropping when Im using games and videos in browser at the same time. I dont have this issue before. I updated the driver in network as well to make sure...
  5. Network drops when playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network drops when playing: I have Desktop and I am connected LAN. I disconnect and reconnect my ethernet already however my network keeps on dropping when Im using games and videos in browser at the same time. I dont have this issue before. I updated the driver in network as well to make sure...
  6. Network drops when playing

7. Network & Internet not opening.

Network & Internet not opening.: Hello! Today I woke up, and turned my laptop on and all on a sudden I cannot find the wifi button in the taskbar. I tried to open Network & Internet from settings, but as soon as I try to open that, Settings crashes. What can I do?...
  8. internet disconnects when open any application

internet disconnects when open any application: Hello, As soon as I open any application on my pc my downloads keep disconnecting. My Internet connection itself is not effect by it, at least it doesn't show any form of disconnect in windows, it is just the download that dcs. If I use a download manager you can see that...
  9. 1000 CMD OPENING WHEN RUNNING ANY APPLICATION

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    1000 CMD OPENING WHEN RUNNING ANY APPLICATION: Hello,i am stucked at a problem where i run anything some or unlimited cmd's opens with the location of Documents folder or System 32.I think it's a virus but i have 3 antivirus installed but unfortunately that dosen't worked and also a notepad opened and has a commanbd like...
  10. When I open a menu drop box in any application the application selects the last item in the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I open a menu drop box in any application the application selects the last item in the...: When I open file explorer in Windows 10, the list opens and drops to the last entry. When I open Program Features/uninstall in Windows 10, the list opens and drops to the last entry. When I attempt to map a drive from Explorer, it fills in the last entry of the last map...