Windows 10: Internet not available tthrough wifi router but works on mobile hotspot

Discus and support Internet not available tthrough wifi router but works on mobile hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After recent update on my asus laptop I cant connect wifi through wifi router but internet available when connecting through hotspot of my mobile... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jeevan M, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Jeevan M Win User

Internet not available tthrough wifi router but works on mobile hotspot

After recent update on my asus laptop I cant connect wifi through wifi router but internet available when connecting through hotspot of my mobile device. I have tried on different wifi router from different place too still not helping..what is the difference when connecting through mobile hotspot and wifi router please help me to fix this issue

:)

Jeevan M, Nov 29, 2019

2. best way to use laptop internet as hotspot?

Hello,

My wifi router isnt working rightnow but internet is working by lan cable in laptop directly.

How can i use my laptop as wifi hotspot and use wifi in my mobile phone?

thx.

freebird_9924, Nov 29, 2019
  3. robzam Win User
    Using laptop as mobile hotspot sometimes internet does not connect

Hi,

So currently I do not have a router available (I have a wired connection to the internet) but I want to be able to check emails on mobile through wifi. I found a link (How to Turn Your Windows PC Into a Wi-Fi Hotspot) showing how to use your laptop as a 'wifi hotspot'. When the laptop is connected to the wired connection at work and I switch on the mobile hotspot as shown in the website, I am able to connect to the internet on my mobile through my laptop. However, this does not work at my home.

I would appreciate any help given to solve this problem.

Thanks!

robzam, Nov 29, 2019
  4. Internet not available tthrough wifi router but works on mobile hotspot

No internet / wifi from hotspot

So I have a Surface Pro 4 running windows 10 was working perfect this morning on my normal wifi. I pack it up to go somewhere and when I try to connect it to an iphone or iPad hotspot I just got it connected but with no internet. Both the ipad and iphone were getting internet as I'm writing this from my ipad and doing things on my phone.

I tried resetting all of them and turning hotspot, bluetooth, wifi on and off.. I've had problems connecting pc's to apple hotspots before, normally just rebooting everything and toggling hotspot on/off does the trick.

I started reading some internet troubleshooting guides, one suggested I reset my network settings on my phone.

I did this - now the surface pro 4 won't even connect to it. It will see the wifi network but will not connect.

The ipad it connects but does not give me internet access.

I also tried my friends iphone hotspot to just make sure it wasn't something with my devices and it did the same thing.

Any ideas?

realtordcnova, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

Internet not available tthrough wifi router but works on mobile hotspot

1. Internet not available tthrough wifi router but works on mobile hotspot - Similar Threads - Internet available tthrough

2. Wifi router auto disconnects and but the mobile hotspots work fine.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi router auto disconnects and but the mobile hotspots work fine.: Problem: I'm now experiencing an odd problem with my Windows 10 laptop. It automatically disconnects the wifi, and if I try to reconnect, I get a warning saying that I can't connect to this network.Description: However, it just affects the router I haven't tested it with...
  3. Mobile Hotspot working fine but no internet on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Hotspot working fine but no internet on laptop: I was using my work laptop to share internet to my iphone using an inbuilt mobile hotspot feature I have lan connenction all the time during my work hours. Now, I am facing a problem that when i open the mobile hotspot feature, I can only use internet on my iphone and there's...
  4. Mobile hotspot if switched on internet doesnt work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile hotspot if switched on internet doesnt work: So, This issue started for me 2 days back whenever I try to switch on mobile hotspot the network on pc gets disconnected but the hotspot works fine.Like i use ethernet cable to use internet on my pc if i dont swtich on hotspot it works fine, but when i switch on my hotspot...
  5. Wifi and mobile hotspot are frozen, cannot access internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi and mobile hotspot are frozen, cannot access internet: The problem started yesterday and its giving me a headache. The wifi is constantly on even if I manually switch it off, it switches itself back on.Even if I put on airplane mode, wifi stays on. No discovered networks.Mobile hotspot is off and I cannot switch it back on, even...
  6. Wifi and mobile hotspot are frozen, cannot access internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi and mobile hotspot are frozen, cannot access internet: The problem started yesterday and its giving me a headache. The wifi is constantly on even if I manually switch it off, it switches itself back on.Even if I put on airplane mode, wifi stays on. No discovered networks.Mobile hotspot is off and I cannot switch it back on, even...
  7. Wifi and mobile hotspot are frozen, cannot access internet

8. only wifi from home router and my mobile hotspot not visible on list of available networks

only wifi from home router and my mobile hotspot not visible on list of available networks: I cant find my household router wifi network and my personnel mobile hotspot network on the list of available networks on my laptop. This problem appears from the time i replaced with router D-Link DIR-615. lets say my router has a problem but why isnt my mobile hotspot not...
  9. Windows 10 Mobile hotspot. Repeat the wifi signal with router.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mobile hotspot. Repeat the wifi signal with router.: Hello. Windows 10. I have Mobile hotspot. [ATTACH] I have router Linksys WRT320N with tomato by shibby 1.28 firmware. How to make this router as repeater (extender) of my widnows 10 mobile hotspot? Thank you. Tomato settings: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  10. No internet access with wifi tethering (mobile hotspot)

No internet access with wifi tethering (mobile hotspot): When I use wifi on my PC to connect to my router/modem, internet works fine. But when I connect to my Android phone's access point (tethering) I don't get internet access. You might think it's a problem with the Android phone, but other Android devices can connect to it and...