Windows 10: Internet not responding

Discus and support Internet not responding in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Further to my last question.I had the post office check the line.Iwas told the problem was fixed,but it isnt.Im still waiting several hours to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JanetteBanks, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Internet not responding

Further to my last question.I had the post office check the line.Iwas told the problem was fixed,but it isnt.Im still waiting several hours to respond.They told me,its slow because im too far from the exchange.

What i cannot understand is,that i was with BT for my internet jan 2019.And i had no problem.Due to a problem with BT,i changed to the Post office in may.From then ive had touble with the internet.The fist 10 days no internet.When that was sorted,i still get not responding.Its only one line,why did it work with BT,and not with the Post Office.Everytime i ask ,the ph is put down on me.

:)

JanetteBanks, Aug 18, 2019

2. Error: "Internet Explorer is not responding" and "Website not responding" while accessing the browser on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response and information.

As Windows 10 as Microsoft Edge in-built browser, I suggest you to try that browser and check if this issue persists.

For the issues with Internet Explorer try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to turn off and on Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R, type Control Panel
      and hit Enter.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    • Uncheck Internet Explorer, click on Ok.
    • Restart the computer and repeat the same as above to place a check mark on Internet Explorer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 18, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Internet not responding :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 18, 2019
  4. pb70 Win User

Internet not responding

Error: "Internet Explorer is not responding" and "Website not responding" while accessing the browser on Windows 10

OK here we go -

1. Try Microsoft Edge - worked perfectly

2. Installed Google Chrome - worked perfectly

3. Tried your Option 1 - Troubleshooter "found and fixed" a Windows Update component

Tried IE after the troubleshooter - still have same problem.

4. Tried your Option 2 - still have same problem.

Pat

Thema:

Internet not responding

1. Internet not responding - Similar Threads - Internet responding

2. My pc won’t connect to the internet and the WiFi option in the setting has disappeared I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc won’t connect to the internet and the WiFi option in the setting has disappeared I...: I’ve had issues with my drivers and was looking for ways to fix it. I tried disabling all launch programs and when I restarted my pc it was basically useless. I’ve reactivated all launch programs and nothing changed my pc literally cannot connect to the internet for now....
  3. Proxy not working / server doesn't respond, sharing of internet from Server Windows 10 64...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Proxy not working / server doesn't respond, sharing of internet from Server Windows 10 64...: Hello all,Here to seek solution to my query.Subject: Proxy not working / server doesn't respond, sharing of internet from Server Windows 10 64 Bit on server, Win 7 64 on ClientsTo Point: Topology is as underone incoming LAN cable from Broadband Router to Server.Server has 2...
  4. July 9th taskbar suddenly frozen, cannot connect to internet, start icon doesn't respond

in Windows 10 Customization
    July 9th taskbar suddenly frozen, cannot connect to internet, start icon doesn't respond: Hi, Everyone, My internet was open and working last night around 9pm I had some music playing on Youtube when suddenly it stopped. Since then none of the icons on my taskbar are responding and sometimes they're gone entirely; the start button doesn't respond to a left click...
  5. Says Internet not responding, then fluorescent green screen appears.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Says Internet not responding, then fluorescent green screen appears.: My computer has never given me any sort of problems till recently. It would not and still wont update itsself. Eventually I took a break from trying to figure out what was wrong. I opened up Google and went to watch Netflix like I always do. But for some reason this time, a...
  6. [FIXED] Windows 10 WiFi connected but No Internet Access DNS server isn't responding

[FIXED] Windows 10 WiFi connected but No Internet Access DNS server isn't responding: If your Windows 10 is losing WiFi signal strength and says "No Internet Connection" while other devices are connected just fine, chances are, DHCP Server didn't hand your Windows Device a valid IP address. The solution resides in the following steps: Go to Settings >...
  7. Internet/MS Office "not responding" message

Internet/MS Office "not responding" message: 1. I purchased an HP computer in early 2018. (Intel ® Core ™i5-7500 cpu@3.4 ghz. 8GB Ram, 64 bit operating system) 2. Here's the problem - the internet (Firefox or Chrome) has been freezing up temporarily and giving me a “Firefox is not responding” for a few seconds...
  8. Taskbar buttons stopped responding (Start, Search, Internet access, Notifications)

Taskbar buttons stopped responding (Start, Search, Internet access, Notifications): Hi, I have Windows 10 Pro, Ver. 1709 on a brand new Desktop. After about a month, my Taskbar buttons stopped responding (Start, Search, Internet access, Notifications). The anticipated menus don't pop-up. Also, in the Safe Mode those buttons don't work. But some other...
  9. Taskbar buttons stopped responding (Restart, Search, Internet access, Notifications)

Taskbar buttons stopped responding (Restart, Search, Internet access, Notifications): Hi, I have Windows 10 Pro, Ver. 1709 on a brand new Desktop. After about a month, my Taskbar buttons stopped responding (Restart, Search, Internet access, Notifications). The anticipated menus don't pop-up. Also, in the Safe Mode those buttons don't work. But some other...
  10. Not Responding in Internet Explorer 11.

in Browsers and Email
    Not Responding in Internet Explorer 11.: Windows 10, IE 11...desktop on a good WiFi connection. Since the Anniversary Windows update IE 11 is now plagued with 'Not Responding' reports on all websites/forums. Sometimes a click of the back button restores things and sometimes I have to come off the internet and...