Windows 10: Internet not working (ethernet light blinking) after changing DNS

Discus and support Internet not working (ethernet light blinking) after changing DNS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I changed my DNS to 8.8.8.8 to circumvent a blocked website but then later used a VPN instead and switched back to the "automatically obtain dns"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Raiz, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Raiz Win User

Internet not working (ethernet light blinking) after changing DNS

So I changed my DNS to 8.8.8.8 to circumvent a blocked website but then later used a VPN instead and switched back to the "automatically obtain dns" option. Around half an hour later, internet is not working. The ethernet light on the router is flashing. I plug the cable in to another PC and the light isn't flashing and the internet works just fine, so it's not the router nor the internet.

What can I do here?
    I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, updating the drivers but nothing worked.
    I also did the Network reset but that wasn't helpful

Using Windows 10 Home.
    Motherboard - Biostar H61MU3

:)

2. MJW77CA Win User

Ethernet Light Orange/ "Local Area Network" Not in Network List

Last night I noticed my ethernet light on the back of my computer was orange. I did some research to find the reason. Some websites said it was an increased connection speed. Others said a problem with the connection.
    The local area network is no longer in the list of network connections and the other computer in my house has a green light on the ethernet port.
    I've used all the cmd.exe ipconfig steps suggested by websites. Flush dns, reset dns, etc. I've also used the network troubleshooter in windows10 which told me a problem was not found.
    Nothing seems to change the light back to green. Can someone help me find the problem so I can fix it?

MJW77CA, Oct 14, 2019
  3. win10fan Win User
    Modem lights keep blinking but no internet

I am using TP-Link W8968 model since last year. Since last 3-4 days, the internet works fine without any problem but suddenly after few min or hours, internet light and LAN light continuously blinking even I don't surf anything.

To find out what is happening in the background and it is something updating, when I see through, task manager - performance tab and find in Ethernet, not much data sending or receiving

Internet not working (ethernet light blinking) after changing DNS f30285443a06bd6e7fdb5633929a232d.png

Sometimes it went to 0 but still lights keep blinking, and the I can't access my internet, even all the lights are ON. Then I have to restart the PC, and then everything started working again, but this is annoying me after some few min or hours. *cry

Please help, I am using Win10 and never happened such type of problems before.

win10fan, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Internet not working (ethernet light blinking) after changing DNS

dns probe finished no internet

Hi Oxide,

After some trial-and-error testing of all suggested fixes, which I found over the internet, here’re what worked for me to solve "DNS Probe Finished No Internet" issue and might work for you as well.

Method 1: Change Default DNS Address to Open DNS

Here all you have to do is change your default automatically obtained DNS server addresses to open DNS or Google DNS. To do this, follow below mentioned steps:

Step 1:
    Right click on Network icon located in Windows Task Bar Menu.

Step 2:
    Click on ‘Open Network and Sharing Center.’

Internet not working (ethernet light blinking) after changing DNS [​IMG]

Step 3:
    Click on Local Area Connection with whom who are presently connected and click onProperties.

Step 4:
    Select ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)’ and click on Properties.

Step 5:
    Now in newly opened windows, select the radio button that reads ‘Use the following DNS server address:’

Step 6:
    Now in the ‘Preferred DNS Server’ box type in 208.67.222.222 and in ‘Alternate DNS Server’ type in 208.67.220.220.

Step 7:
    Now check the box that says ‘Validate settings upon exit’ and then click on OK. That’s it.

Internet not working (ethernet light blinking) after changing DNS [​IMG]

TechieNikhil, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

Internet not working (ethernet light blinking) after changing DNS

1. Internet not working (ethernet light blinking) after changing DNS - Similar Threads - Internet working ethernet

2. Ethernet Not working and no light is blinking on the port and eathernet Icon has an error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Not working and no light is blinking on the port and eathernet Icon has an error...: Hi all, I have a problem that I cannot see my Ethernet on adapter setting, and also no light is blinking from my PC on the Ethernet port and it keeps showing me an error icon on the Ethernet icon and pci bus icon and SM bus controller Icon, What should I do? Thanks!...
  3. Ethernet Not working and no light is blinking on the port and eathernet Icon has an error...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet Not working and no light is blinking on the port and eathernet Icon has an error...: Hi all, I have a problem that I cannot see my Ethernet on adapter setting, and also no light is blinking from my PC on the Ethernet port and it keeps showing me an error icon on the Ethernet icon and pci bus icon and SM bus controller Icon, What should I do? Thanks!...
  4. Ethernet Not working and no light is blinking on the port and eathernet Icon has an error...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unable to Establish Wired Connection - No Blinking Lights on Ethernet Port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Establish Wired Connection - No Blinking Lights on Ethernet Port: I've been using a wireless internet connection for some time, but I recently attempted to switch to a wired connection. However, I encountered an issue when I plugged in my old Ethernet cable – there were no blinking lights on either my PC's Ethernet port or the router's...
  6. Unable to Establish Wired Connection - No Blinking Lights on Ethernet Port

Unable to Establish Wired Connection - No Blinking Lights on Ethernet Port: I've been using a wireless internet connection for some time, but I recently attempted to switch to a wired connection. However, I encountered an issue when I plugged in my old Ethernet cable – there were no blinking lights on either my PC's Ethernet port or the router's...
  7. Unable to Establish Wired Connection - No Blinking Lights on Ethernet Port

8. CPU light blinking

CPU light blinking: In my inter core i3 cpu, the power button when clicked it starts blinking. The pc is not on sleep also. This is not a problem CMOS also because it is only 2.5 yrs old. This problem has occured in the past, but around 3 days it got automatically repaired. This problem occurs...
  9. Blinking light

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Blinking light: For about four weeks now I have had a blinking light on my Dell laptop with windows 10 system. Can someone give me some idea what it could be coming from? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blinking-light/451dc606-35c1-43e2-9880-d60ec411ae44"
  10. Modem lights keep blinking but no internet

Modem lights keep blinking but no internet: I am using TP-Link W8968 model since last year. Since last 3-4 days, the internet works fine without any problem but suddenly after few min or hours, internet light and LAN light continuously blinking even I don't surf anything. To find out what is happening in the...