Windows 10: Internet on Windows only works with a few applications?

Discus and support Internet on Windows only works with a few applications? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey! My problem is that with my pc running on Windows 10 pro and connected with a LAN cable I only use the internet connection for certain websites.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KlnMo, Jul 28, 2020.

1. KlnMo Win User

Internet on Windows only works with a few applications?

Hey!
    My problem is that with my pc running on Windows 10 pro and connected with a LAN cable I only use the internet connection for certain websites. This means that I can open YouTube and Google, but I can't access Epicgames.com or the Epicgames Launcher. Using a WLAN stick with the same network everything worked fine, but as soon as I try to use the LAN connection, I can't connect again.

Need urgent help, Thank you very much

:)

KlnMo, Jul 28, 2020

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 29, 2020
  3. SurfinNan Win User
    Internet Explorer 11 stops working for one web site only

This is an isolated problem. It only affects one web site. I have asked other uses and they do not have the problem. I do not have the problem on iPad only on my desktop.

The problem: When I access the Tasmanian Archives web site Internet Explorer11 intermittently and persistently stops working despite deleting history in Internet Options.

• I accessed a link from a trusted email from Tasmanian Archives.
    • Since then the problem has persistently occurred. They have no answers to it at all.
    • Deleted history and cookies in Internet options. Did not tick the top box about favourites and did not delete passwords. The problem persisted.
    • Did step 3 and restarted computer. Didn't alter the problem.
    • Deleted everything through Internet options. Problem persisted.
    • Did step 3 and restarted computer.
    • Thought problem solved used website a few times then IE stopped working again.
    • Have been through step 6 numerous times and it will work for awhile then not. But it only stops working when I use:
    search.archives.tas.gov.au

www.linc.tas.gov.au

and not for all links within site. No rhyme or reason to which link I click on what will happen. It started with the HOW TO tab.

I am exasperated, frustrated, annoyed and a few other things. It has been going on for over a week now.

I do not know what else I can do.

Any suggestions, please.

SurfinNan, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Internet on Windows only works with a few applications?

Only Chrome can connect to the Internet.

To resolve the particular error messages that you're having, we suggest you perform the steps below to disable proxy server:

• Click the Tools button in Internet Explorer, then click Internet Options.
    • Go to the Connections tab, then click LAN settings.
    • Uncheck the box which says Use a Proxy Server for your LAN, then click
      OK.

You can also follow the steps on this
    article
    that lists all steps that can help you when you're having issues with internet connection.

Let us know if it addressed your concern.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Internet on Windows only works with a few applications?

1. Internet on Windows only works with a few applications? - Similar Threads - Internet works few

2. My internet only works for certain applications and websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internet only works for certain applications and websites: My computer randomly started having trouble connecting to certain websites and applications, I restarted it in order to attempt to fix it, went ahead and reset my adapter settings, connected and disconnected my LAN cable and yet it doesn't work.Any help is appreciated...
  3. My internet only works for certain applications and websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My internet only works for certain applications and websites: My computer randomly started having trouble connecting to certain websites and applications, I restarted it in order to attempt to fix it, went ahead and reset my adapter settings, connected and disconnected my LAN cable and yet it doesn't work.Any help is appreciated...
  4. "Hide pointer while typing" does only work in few applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Hide pointer while typing" does only work in few applications: I would like to highlight this feature, since my pointer is ALWAYS where I am about to type textboxes, programming, forms filing etc.Toggle location: Mouse Properties > Pointer Options > "Hide pointer while typing" settingSeems like Microsoft abandoned development of this...
  5. "Hide pointer while typing" does only work in few applications

"Hide pointer while typing" does only work in few applications: I would like to highlight this feature, since my pointer is ALWAYS where I am about to type textboxes, programming, forms filing etc.Toggle location: Mouse Properties > Pointer Options > "Hide pointer while typing" settingSeems like Microsoft abandoned development of this...
  6. Wifi is showing 'no internet' however it's working but only in chromium based applications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi is showing 'no internet' however it's working but only in chromium based applications: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Redo122 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ixezq7/wifi_is_showing_no_internet_however_its_working/
  7. Wireless Internet is unstable but only applications and not the internet browser.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Internet is unstable but only applications and not the internet browser.: Hello, I've been having a really odd problem for the past month where my internet connection is working, websites open normally and there's nothing wrong with streaming but it's disconnected for the applications running on my laptop such as discord, origin and the VPN i use...
  8. Computer Applications only work with one internet network

Computer Applications only work with one internet network: Hi, this is a really weird problem I'm having. All of my computer applications (Steam, Discord, Spotify) only work on one of my internet networks. If I connect to a different network (which is fully functional) all of these applications say offline. I can still use my...
  9. PC with internet, but browsers only work for a few minutes after start

PC with internet, but browsers only work for a few minutes after start: I'm Brazilian, so, excuse my English. Good Morning, Since last night my desktop has a problem in which all browsers (IE, Edge and Chrome) stop working after 1 or 2 minutes of Windows starts, even though the PC is connected to the internet via cable. All other tasks that...
  10. restrict user to run only a few applications Windows Home edition

restrict user to run only a few applications Windows Home edition: Hi. I created a user name titled "Visitor". How can I (without a lot of registry changes) allow Visitor to run only 5 or 6 applications. I have created a unique desktop for Visitor with only those icons. Visitor is not a family member. Or can I create a unique start menu...