Windows 10: Internet only working on google + YouTube but not on desktop apps e.g Spotify, Steam, Discord

Discus and support Internet only working on google + YouTube but not on desktop apps e.g Spotify, Steam, Discord in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey guys, A couple days ago, I used my pc during the day and got on again later, and to my surprise, nothing was working except google chrome’s... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kaffyne, Aug 7, 2020.

1. kaffyne Win User

Internet only working on google + YouTube but not on desktop apps e.g Spotify, Steam, Discord

Hey guys,

A couple days ago, I used my pc during the day and got on again later, and to my surprise, nothing was working except google chrome’s youtube + google.
    I’m currently on an ethernet connection but I also have a wifi card in my Windows 10 PC but switching to wifi doesnt help. The internet is working fine across the whole house, it’s just my pc. I’ve tried disabling my firewall + antivirus, but that didn’t help. I used CMD to ipconfig and dns flush and set the DNS through network + internet settings to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and all that. Nothing seems to be helping. My thoughts are that it must be a firewall issue because my google + youtube are loading so those two mightve been whitelisted and everything mightve been blacklisted on my antivirus software Avast and / or Windows Security. This has been going on for 2-3 days now, and it’s doing my head in, and I have this nagging feeling I’m missing something very obvious,

Please let me know if you’re having / had the same issue and / or if you have any suggestions as to what I should do.

Cheers.

:)

kaffyne, Aug 7, 2020
  2. Askejm Win User

Internet only working in some apps

I just got an SSD. I migrated from the old hard drive and then i went on the internet i watch some youtube. But then i wanted check something else, so i searched up the thing on google. The search results came up, but when i clicked onto the website it kept
    on loading and loading until it says i have a connection error, which is weird because youtube works fine. I tried restarting my router and pc, check if the ethernet cable and all, but none of it worked. Discord, feedback hub, chrome (google searching and
    youtube does work) and steam doesnt work, but skype does.

If you maybe know the issue please tell me and i can try.

Thank you

Askejm, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Cliff S Win User
    Firewall blocking GOOGLE, STEAM, SPOTIFY

Try going to the control panel and restore defaults

Internet only working on google + YouTube but not on desktop apps  e.g Spotify, Steam, Discord [​IMG]

Cliff S, Aug 7, 2020
  4. Internet only working on google + YouTube but not on desktop apps e.g Spotify, Steam, Discord

Apps and Google Chrome unable to connect to internet

Hey! Some time last week all of the non stock windows apps suddenly stopped working connection wise, such as chrome, steam, Spotify, etc. I really need help I haven't been able to use anything on my computer. Currently I'm using Microsoft edge because its
    the only browser that works. Google chrome gets the error DNS_probe_finished_NXDOMAIN. That is the only thing and steam gets error -105, but all the other apps cannot connect to the internet. FYI, I'm using Ethernet.

Original title: need help with internet!

jackriddle, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Internet only working on google + YouTube but not on desktop apps e.g Spotify, Steam, Discord

1. Internet only working on google + YouTube but not on desktop apps e.g Spotify, Steam, Discord - Similar Threads - Internet working google

2. Microphone is working on steam calls and discord tests, but not in discord calls and in ts3.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone is working on steam calls and discord tests, but not in discord calls and in ts3.: Yesterday it was working fine, I suspend my computer and went to sleep. Today I enter a call on discord and my friend was not hearing me. He called me on steam and he was hearing me, so we tried on teamspeak 3, but it was just the same as discord. I've tried a number of...
  3. Microphone is working on steam calls and discord tests, but not in discord calls and in ts3.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is working on steam calls and discord tests, but not in discord calls and in ts3.: Yesterday it was working fine, I suspend my computer and went to sleep. Today I enter a call on discord and my friend was not hearing me. He called me on steam and he was hearing me, so we tried on teamspeak 3, but it was just the same as discord. I've tried a number of...
  4. Microphone is working on steam calls and discord tests, but not in discord calls and in ts3.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I get SSL errors on google chrome, steam, discord, internet explorer, and edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I get SSL errors on google chrome, steam, discord, internet explorer, and edge: This has been happening for about 2 days and I have no idea why can someone please help. It sometimes fixes for about 10 minutes after I restart my PC. submitted by /u/Itzcheapluck [link] [comments]...
  6. How to make steam look like discord and google?

How to make steam look like discord and google?: [IMG] All these apps are on my taskbar(except for the last) and when open the only one who appears two icons is steam, is there someway to change this? submitted by /u/le23sinh0 [link] [comments]...
  7. Media control bar not working with Spotify desktop app

Media control bar not working with Spotify desktop app: [ATTACH] I could be posting on the wrong sub, so apologies in advance if I am. I run Windows 10 and when I change my volume, the floating media control bar that appears showing the play/pause, skip forward and backward buttons doesn't seem to pop up anymore with the...
  8. Internet pages not loading, but google and youtube are loading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet pages not loading, but google and youtube are loading: Hello, I've been struggling with a problem for a few days now. The only web pages i can open are google and youtube. Others are loading really slow. I managed to do a speedtest on one page but this gave me a download speed of 0.08mb/s meanwhile windows says i have a...
  9. Microphone only works on Discord.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone only works on Discord.: My microphone only works on discord. Its at default in the recording settings. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-only-works-on-discord/b2867288-d343-4ee2-8eed-caa6498d1aab
  10. Firewall blocking GOOGLE, STEAM, SPOTIFY

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall blocking GOOGLE, STEAM, SPOTIFY: This started occurring a few weeks ago and my co-worker advised me to check out this site to seek any help. My google chrome all of a sudden stopped working, so I had uninstalled and attempted to reinstall it but it would give me the following error "Unable to connect to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. steam diacord spotify dont connect to the internet