Windows 10: Internet Options Temporary File location blank, Disk Space 0

Discus and support Internet Options Temporary File location blank, Disk Space 0 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Since upgrading to windows 10 from 7 a few months ago I have been unable to use edge or cortana. Edge will sometimes load a website but VERY slowly -... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by andyasj, Nov 11, 2016.

1. andyasj Win User

Internet Options Temporary File location blank, Disk Space 0

Since upgrading to windows 10 from 7 a few months ago I have been unable to use edge or cortana.
    Edge will sometimes load a website but VERY slowly - about 10 mins. Chrome works fine.
    All other aspects of the upgrade work fine.
    The only strange thing I have noticed is that in Internet Options the Temporary Internet File location is blank and Disk space set to 0. I can not change either of them.
    I have tried resetting w10 apps and resetting explorer - no change.
    Any ideas anyone?

:)

andyasj, Nov 11, 2016
  2. andyasj Win User

Temporary internet file location blank disk space 0

Solved?

I repeatedly tried to clear temporary files using Internet options and CCleaner.

SuggestedSites.dat was always left behind. I deleted it manually and problem seems to be solved.

Now I have no keyboard iput to edge or Cortana!!

andyasj, Nov 11, 2016
  3. andyasj Win User
    Temporary internet file location blank disk space 0

Since upgrading to Windows 10 from 7 Edge has never worked (nor Cortana propery).

Chrome and everything else works OK (although the mouse cursor does flash 'busy' quite a lot).

I believe the problem is that onder Internet options the Temporary Internet File Location is blank and disk space set to 0.

Neither of these can be changed.

If I try to set TIF folder to the correct INetCache it just says 'Please select a folder to which you can add items'.

I have tried resetting windows apps and resetting explorer.

I have tried to do it in safe mode.

I have checked 2 registry entries which seem OK.

Lots of old questions regarding this problem over diferrent Windows versions but no solutions.

Has anyone any ideas?

andyasj, Nov 11, 2016
  4. prikker Win User

I used it for a while, to watch American Football, but it freezes to much so I dumped it for Chrome wich has not these problems.

prikker, Nov 11, 2016
Thema:

1. Internet Options Temporary File location blank, Disk Space 0 - Similar Threads - Internet Options Temporary

2. unallocated space on disk 0

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unallocated space on disk 0: i have windows and everything on disk 0 6tb but i saw it was getting full so i got a 4tb disk for backup. then i see that disk 0 s only using 2tb while the rest is unallocated. tried to extend volume gives error only first 2tb are usable on large mbr disks. conot create...
  3. unallocated space on disk 0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unallocated space on disk 0: i have windows and everything on disk 0 6tb but i saw it was getting full so i got a 4tb disk for backup. then i see that disk 0 s only using 2tb while the rest is unallocated. tried to extend volume gives error only first 2tb are usable on large mbr disks. conot create...
  4. unallocated space on disk 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. unallocated space in disk 0

unallocated space in disk 0: I am unable to extend the unallocated space on my laptop. it is not showing me the extended volume option in my laptop how should I get back my memory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unallocated-space-in-disk-0/a9298434-5f4f-426e-b08b-9739e261b019
  6. Temporary Internet Files

Temporary Internet Files: Disk cleanup says that I have currently 104MB of diskspace used by Temporary Internet Files when I 1st noticed it some Win 10 versions ago files took 64.5MB and even running Disk Cleanup it still says that 104MB is used by TIFs, ccleaner doesn't clear it either and View Files...
  7. Internet Temp File Location missing in Internet Options?

Internet Temp File Location missing in Internet Options?: Steps to possibly cause this I did Reinstalled Avast Free at 2am last night, discovered afterwards Internet Temp FIles location option missing, Any ideas how to solve this, extensions in edge not working well at all Edge reset? System Reset? sfc /scannow...
  8. Temporary Internet Files Path Disappearing from Internet Options

Temporary Internet Files Path Disappearing from Internet Options: Hi All Sometimes the path disappears, then to get it back as default, either have to do a temp directory on my second drive, then run app trouble shooter or edit registry to get it back as default. Would this have anything to do with uninstalling Avast 1 time from...
  9. Temporary Internet files current location is BLANK after boot...

Temporary Internet files current location is BLANK after boot...: Every time my PC boots, my Temporary Internet files current location is BLANK and disk space to use is 0... which causes all kinds of issues... so what I do, is log off, and log right back on and bingo... all good here is picture just after a reboot [ATTACH] and after...
  10. Disk Cleanup issue with Temporary Internet Files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Cleanup issue with Temporary Internet Files: Hi All Temporary Internet files show data in the folder according to disk cleanup, so far ran ccleaner, then ran diskcleanup again a week later, and seems like more data in that folder on my SSD, and i'm like what the heck, I cleared the temp folder manually, clear...