Windows 10: internet options

Discus and support internet options in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; what would happen if i uncheck this option to store caches and databases [img] 64422 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pathfinder, Sep 20, 2016.

1. internet options

what would happen if i uncheck this option to store caches and databases

internet options [​IMG]

:)

Pathfinder, Sep 20, 2016

2. Internet Options / Internet Properties

My Fix

• Control Panel>Programs & Features>”Turn features on/off”>Uncheck Internet Explorer 11>Reboot

• Control Panel>Programs & Features>”Turn features
      on
      /off”>Check Internet Explorer 11>Reboot

• Norton Antivirus popped up stating Microsoft Edge was my default browser

• Control Panel>Default Programs>Set program access and computer defaults>Click “Microsoft Windows”>Click Ok
    All features lost under each tab have returned. ???

williamsupanich, Sep 20, 2016
  3. Internet Options / Internet Properties

I guess result is the same when running:

rundll32.exe Shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL c:\windows\system32\inetcpl.cpl

or the 32-bit module

rundll32.exe Shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL c:\windows\syswow64\inetcpl.cpl

Unless someone comes up with a solution, System Restore rollback (rstrui.exe) is an option you can consider.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Sep 20, 2016
  4. Winuser Win User

internet options

I would think that it would slow down your browsing the web. Pages would have to re download every time you visit them.

Winuser, Sep 20, 2016
  5. thats all i need to know. pardons for belated reply

Pathfinder, Sep 26, 2016
  6. Winuser Win User
    That option is probably for devices with very limited storage space.

Winuser, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

internet options

1. internet options - Similar Threads - internet options

2. Hyper V on windows home using a Script found on the internet, IS it a bad option.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper V on windows home using a Script found on the internet, IS it a bad option.: I am using windows 11 home and I wanted to use the hyperV, I know it is not available on home editions but I found a blog post and they were advising on using a script, I need the hyperV but I dont want to compromise my windows security. are these scripts really a bad option?...
  3. Hyper V on windows home using a Script found on the internet, IS it a bad option.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper V on windows home using a Script found on the internet, IS it a bad option.: I am using windows 11 home and I wanted to use the hyperV, I know it is not available on home editions but I found a blog post and they were advising on using a script, I need the hyperV but I dont want to compromise my windows security. are these scripts really a bad option?...
  4. My pc won’t connect to the internet and the WiFi option in the setting has disappeared I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc won’t connect to the internet and the WiFi option in the setting has disappeared I...: I’ve had issues with my drivers and was looking for ways to fix it. I tried disabling all launch programs and when I restarted my pc it was basically useless. I’ve reactivated all launch programs and nothing changed my pc literally cannot connect to the internet for now....
  5. My pc won’t connect to the internet and the WiFi option in the setting has disappeared I...

My pc won’t connect to the internet and the WiFi option in the setting has disappeared I...: I’ve had issues with my drivers and was looking for ways to fix it. I tried disabling all launch programs and when I restarted my pc it was basically useless. I’ve reactivated all launch programs and nothing changed my pc literally cannot connect to the internet for now....
  6. Can’t sign in without internet. Not option to sign out either.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t sign in without internet. Not option to sign out either.: Got a new computer and signed in yesterday, was connected to wifi and everything was fine. When going to a different location without wifi I cannot sign in without wifi. There is also no option to sign in without wifi or to sign out....
  7. Can’t sign in without internet. Not option to sign out either.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t sign in without internet. Not option to sign out either.: Got a new computer and signed in yesterday, was connected to wifi and everything was fine. When going to a different location without wifi I cannot sign in without wifi. There is also no option to sign in without wifi or to sign out....
  8. Can’t sign in without internet. Not option to sign out either.

9. Internet/ WiFi option not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet/ WiFi option not showing: My internet connection option/ wifi option and Bluetooth option is not showing. I tried to restart my pc multiple times, also shut it down and on it multiple times but it's still not resolved yet. Troubleshoot option is also not working because of no internet connection....
  10. Internet/ WiFi option not showing

Internet/ WiFi option not showing: My internet connection option/ wifi option and Bluetooth option is not showing. I tried to restart my pc multiple times, also shut it down and on it multiple times but it's still not resolved yet. Troubleshoot option is also not working because of no internet connection....