Windows 10: internet problems after upgrading to win10pro

Discus and support internet problems after upgrading to win10pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I found out about the problems with the october 2018 update date files deletion issues, I updated my wife's work computer from win10home edition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Daniel_Novak, Oct 8, 2018.

1. internet problems after upgrading to win10pro

When I found out about the problems with the october 2018 update date files deletion issues, I updated my wife's work computer from win10home edition (build 1803) to win10pro edition (build 1803) so that she could use the scheduling tools in the pro version to put in a long delay for the October 2018 update. This was before Microsoft froze the October update. The upgrade to windows 10pro went just fine. The up grade affected connectivity to the internet. A few unsecured websites we can still connect to. Any secured websites time out. I went through the normal trouble shooting processes listed below.

• temporarily turned off firewall and antivirus software
    • rolled back and reinstalled drivers for network adapters
    • did a "network reset"
    • also at the command prompt (in admin mode) I executed the following commands.

netsh winsock reset

netsh int ip resetipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /flushdns

Has anyone else had this problem when upgrading to pro?

Any thing else I can try before attempting a "fresh start" OS reinstall?

One last question regarding the "fresh start" option. Given the internet connectivity problems with this particular machine can Isafely do a clean reinstall without the internet connection? thank you.

:)

Daniel_Novak, Oct 8, 2018

2. Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Oct 8, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 8, 2018
  4. internet problems after upgrading to win10pro

dual boot, dual ssd, win10pro(win8.1pro upgrade) and win7ult

I have been using Win7ult for years on a 128gb ssd.

I do NOT want win10pro to upgrade my old win7ult.

in honor of Win10 I bought an extra win8.1pro key

I will install win8.1pro on a second ssd 480gb ssd,

July 30th I will upgrade that win.8.1pro to win10pro

so then I want win10pro to give me a bootload choice

that lets me boot either that win10pro 480gb ssd

or my seperate old win7ult 128gb ssd.

obviously my mobo bios will be set

to boot the win10pro 480gb ssd first.

I have read that win10pro has a bootload options,

but it only seems to be during an upgrade, where

you can install win10pro to a seperate partition

if you don't want it upgrading your old win7/8.

but that's NOT what i want to do, so can anyone

link me to something the explains how I can boot

the way I described earlier.

joeyberger, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

internet problems after upgrading to win10pro

1. internet problems after upgrading to win10pro - Similar Threads - internet problems upgrading

2. How to activate Windows 11PRO after upgrade from win7PRO to win10PRO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to activate Windows 11PRO after upgrade from win7PRO to win10PRO: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek your assistance regarding the activation of Windows 11 Pro. I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and subsequently to Windows 11 Pro using the free upgrade options...
  3. How to activate Windows 11PRO after upgrade from win7PRO to win10PRO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to activate Windows 11PRO after upgrade from win7PRO to win10PRO: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek your assistance regarding the activation of Windows 11 Pro. I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and subsequently to Windows 11 Pro using the free upgrade options...
  4. Problem LAN Limited No Internet after upgrade windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem LAN Limited No Internet after upgrade windows: Hello, when i upgrade My school PC from windows 7 ultimate edition to windows 8.1 it looks fine. when setup windows..something is missing it says "couldn't connect to internet".LAN internet driver is still normal. or do I have to upgrade to windows 10 to solve the problem?....
  5. Problem LAN Limited No Internet after upgrade windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem LAN Limited No Internet after upgrade windows: Hello, when i upgrade My school PC from windows 7 ultimate edition to windows 8.1 it looks fine. when setup windows..something is missing it says "couldn't connect to internet".LAN internet driver is still normal. or do I have to upgrade to windows 10 to solve the problem?....
  6. Windows Update problem Win10PRO 21H1

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update problem Win10PRO 21H1: Hello. Couple days ago I found out that Windows Updates stopped working on my computer. It's Win10 PRO 21H1 (19043.1052) upgraded from 20H2 via Windows update assistant. After update Windows stopped working. When I click on check updates, I see just error message like here:...
  7. win10pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win10pro: 2B87N-8KFHP-DKV6R-Y2C8J-PKCKT this is my key for windows 10pro but now is not working why????????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10pro/bc2fc63b-d83e-4f3e-b5a3-09a114de1f3e
  8. win10pro upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10pro upgrade: I purchased .Windows 10pro Upgrade from Win home to Windows 10 pro . It Sowing "We don't update your PC Error code 0X0. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10pro-upgrade/6fffd38d-7bca-48ee-a259-06ef49081498
  9. Another internet problem on upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Another internet problem on upgrade: I just upgraded my desktop to 10 Pro and lost the internet connection. The wireless network appears to be working OK. When I run the diagnostic it produces this message. "The default gateway is not available" Can somebody please tell me what this means and how I fix it?...
  10. Cost of Upgrade from XP to Win10Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cost of Upgrade from XP to Win10Pro: I am considering buying a new-used system that still has the original XP on it, probably not Pro. I want to install Win10Pro on it from ISO. AFAIK, there is no free upgrade from XP, so does anybody know how much a Pro license costs? The installation will prompt me...