Windows 10: Internet / proxy & dns virus Please I need urgent help ASAP

Discus and support Internet / proxy & dns virus Please I need urgent help ASAP in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've been noticing on my windows pc that the dns keeps on changing to 127.0.0.1 And the proxy as well. I have tried deleting the regs. It does not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Filix Gao, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Filix Gao Win User

Internet / proxy & dns virus Please I need urgent help ASAP

I've been noticing on my windows pc that the dns keeps on changing to 127.0.0.1

And the proxy as well. I have tried deleting the regs.

It does not work and it came back. I tried installing Malwarebytes but it won't install. Avast says there are no viruses.

I need a solution that is:

A: Does not involve any kind of reset with windows.

B: Is risk-free. I am not a fan or risk but I will try the command prompt if necessary.

C: Is fully permanent

If it does not match B or C then still list it below. I want to see all the things I can do.

I AM NOT willing to do A no matter what.

Thanks.

:)

Filix Gao, Jan 2, 2021

2. dns probe finished no internet

Hi Oxide,

After some trial-and-error testing of all suggested fixes, which I found over the internet, here’re what worked for me to solve "DNS Probe Finished No Internet" issue and might work for you as well.

Method 1: Change Default DNS Address to Open DNS

Here all you have to do is change your default automatically obtained DNS server addresses to open DNS or Google DNS. To do this, follow below mentioned steps:

Step 1:
    Right click on Network icon located in Windows Task Bar Menu.

Step 2:
    Click on ‘Open Network and Sharing Center.’

Internet / proxy & dns virus Please I need urgent help ASAP [​IMG]

Step 3:
    Click on Local Area Connection with whom who are presently connected and click onProperties.

Step 4:
    Select ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)’ and click on Properties.

Step 5:
    Now in newly opened windows, select the radio button that reads ‘Use the following DNS server address:’

Step 6:
    Now in the ‘Preferred DNS Server’ box type in 208.67.222.222 and in ‘Alternate DNS Server’ type in 208.67.220.220.

Step 7:
    Now check the box that says ‘Validate settings upon exit’ and then click on OK. That’s it.

Internet / proxy & dns virus Please I need urgent help ASAP [​IMG]

TechieNikhil, Jan 2, 2021
  3. No internet access for Windows 10 or any of windows apps (Edge, weather, store, update,...)

Hello Lowell Crabtree,

This issue may be related to few things, I will suggest you to follow the instructions bellow.

Step 1. Disable the proxy settings:

If your proxy server is enabled, this may cause internet connection problem for windows application. so i would like to suggest you to disable the proxy first.

for disabling the proxy, you need to follow the instructions below.

1. Open Run Box by pressing Windows +R keys together.

2. Type Control in the Run Box and press enter.

3. Click On Network and internet option, and choose internet option.

4. After choosing the internet options, you need to click on connections tab.

5. Click On Lan Settings,

6. Now If you can see check on Use a proxy server settings. you should simply uncheck it and click on ok.

Now you should try to access the internet.

Step 2: Change DNS Address :

if your dns server is not responding properly. this may cause no internet access problem for windows apps. so i will suggest you to change dns address by following the instructions below.

• Open Run Box,
    • Type ncpa.cpl in the top address bar.
    • Right click on your network adapter and go to properties
    • Now select Tcp ipV4 and click on properties again.
    • Click On Use the following DNS server address, and type 8.8.8.8 in the primary DNS address.
    • Type 8.8.4.4 in the secondary DNS address.
    • Now press ok button and close the network connections window.
    Finally you need to reboot your computer and lets see, it this is working now or not.

Step 3 - If you can still not connect to internet using windows application, i will suggest you to uninstall the antivirus or disable it for while.

Now check if you can get connected to the internet or not.

AjayRathaur, Jan 2, 2021
  4. Samuria Win User

Windows 10 random DNS server isn't responding error.

Its not a DNS error as such it gives that error as the internet is down and it cant connect DNS is this lan cable or wireless its not clear if its cable have you changed cable and tried a different port on the router? What is make model of router

Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/dow...toolbox/dl/65/

Checkmark following boxes:

Flush DNS
    Reset FF proxy Settings
    Reset Ie Proxy Settings
    Report IE Proxy Settings
    Report FF Proxy Settings
    List content of Hosts
    List IP configuration
    List Winsock Entries
    List last 10 Event Viewer log
    List Installed Programs
    List Users, Partitions and Memory size
    List Devices (problems only)

Click Go and post the result.

Samuria, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Internet / proxy & dns virus Please I need urgent help ASAP - Similar Threads - Internet proxy dns

2. I need urgent help please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need urgent help please: . I got a second hand pc Hp Zbook 15 workstation and after 4 months i reset the system yesterday and now everytime i open the computer, it says windows activation license will expire soon and ive never faced this problem before. I checked on the internet and i didnt even know...
  3. I need urgent help please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need urgent help please: . I got a second hand pc Hp Zbook 15 workstation and after 4 months i reset the system yesterday and now everytime i open the computer, it says windows activation license will expire soon and ive never faced this problem before. I checked on the internet and i didnt even know...
  4. I need Urgent response please help"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need Urgent response please help": i have contacted a team from Microsoft about 1 or two week ago, My laptop window defender is goon blank white only giving me a massage to Contact IT administrator, " your IT administrator has limited access to some area of your app. contact IT ... i really need this issue to...
  5. I need Help! Urgent! Please!!!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I need Help! Urgent! Please!!!: I press Windows + B + power button and my PC won't wake now! I tried to remove the RAM and the CMOS battery but still the same issue. The fan is spinning but no display on the monitor and no signal on the mouse and keyboard. I think my PC is on deep sleep mode but how can I...
  6. I need Help! Urgent! Please!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need Help! Urgent! Please!!!: I press Windows + B + power button and my PC won't wake now! I tried to remove the RAM and the CMOS battery but still the same issue. The fan is spinning but no display on the monitor and no signal on the mouse and keyboard. I think my PC is on deep sleep mode but how can I...
  7. I need Help! Urgent! Please!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. I NEED URGENT HELP PLEASE..

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I NEED URGENT HELP PLEASE..: first of all english is not my native language but i can't find an answer for my question so i have to ask this here.i was using a local microsoft account but i've just tried to switch to microsoft account for a reason and after that i was planning to go back to my local...
  9. I NEED HELP URGENT PC HELP NOW HELP PLEASE URGENT PLEASE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I NEED HELP URGENT PC HELP NOW HELP PLEASE URGENT PLEASE: MY PC KEEPS SPAMMING NUMBER 1 AFTER DOWNLOADING WINDOWS 10 PHONE EMULATOR AND I TURNED OFF AND ON NOW I CANT LOGIN I BADLY NEED HELP URGENT ITS NOT KEYBOARD...
  10. Possible Virus??? I need help asap.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Possible Virus??? I need help asap.: I dont know what happened. I downloaded Filmora 9, a couple hours later I went on a Browser, I tried to go onto a couple of sites, and it showed a loadingspinning wheel and text that said loading on a blank page. It shortly loaded the site i tried to go to. and also on some...