Windows 10: Internet Radio - any program to sort by GENRE

Discus and support Internet Radio - any program to sort by GENRE in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Try Aimp [img] Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Grom0X, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Grom0X Win User

Internet Radio - any program to sort by GENRE

Try Aimp

Internet Radio - any program to sort by  GENRE [​IMG]

Grom0X, Apr 5, 2018
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Hi folks

I'm trying to find an old program for Windows that replicates this one (running on a Linux VM - called CANTATA) that once you've got a local area to sort the stations by Genre.

Internet Radio - any program to sort by  GENRE [​IMG]

the one's I've seen all seem to be either riddled with ads or give you every possible station and it's a real job finding what you want.

Tunein used to be fine but it's gone all adverts for the freebie and the freebie doesn't seem to be able to order by genre. There's zillions of Internet radio stations so surely sorting by genre ought to be standard in any of these programs -- I think the streams use opml but I haven't got the time or experience to build this type of program.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Apr 12, 2018
  3. emacee Win User
    Nokia Internet Radio (v1.16) Crashes When Station Directory Accessed

The Internet Radio player on my N85 is no longer able to access the station directory. It loads the list of stations (Browse by Language, Genre or Country/Region, or from Search) and a second after the list of stations appears on the screen, Internet Radio
    shuts down (I end up back at the screen that lets me select FM Radio or Internet Radio). This has just started happening.

I have tried restoring factory settings, uninstalling Internet Radio and downloading and reinstalling it. The problem still occurs. I also tried downloading and going back to a prior version of Internet Radio (v1.12) but the phone won't allow me to install
    it (!Upgrade Error ).

Is anybody else having this problem? Any solutions or work arounds?

emacee, Apr 12, 2018
  4. Seagull99 Win User

Using Windows Search to identify files with particular attributes that are missing/not recorded.

I have Windows 10. On an external drive I have one terabyte of music sorted into performers and below that into albums. Music used for my community radio shows.

I have done searches for attributes like genreInternet Radio - any program to sort by  GENRE :pop and year:1960. They work fine.

I want to find files where genre and/or year are not shown/missing.

For year, I tried year:<1000 which found some strange dates like 19 and . (dot). Is the . (dot) what I am looking for?

For genre I tried genre:"", genre:" ", genre:" ?" without success. However for genre:<"a" I got 0, 34, 80, (148) and . (ie the symbol dot). Most of the files found showed genre (148).

Your advice please!

Andrew

Seagull99, Apr 12, 2018
  5. Grom0X Win User
    Hi jimbo45,
    I'm listening the radio with Browser on this site, so you can try.
    Genres from A-Z
    Cheers

Grom0X, Apr 12, 2018
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

@Grom0X

Thanks
    That's a start but the search is a bit "too granular".

I can get the source for the cantata program so I might be able to knock something up -- all it needs is to get the url of the streams and sort in some sensible order. VLC or any capable music player should work so I only need to create and sort a DB Then toss the DB over to VLC and job should be done !!!! - No ads, no software to install (I've got excel which might be sufficient and MySQL which certainly is a decent DB system) and hopefully some tiny bit of brain left !!!!!!

Might give it a go !!.

VLC looks as if it can handle some sort of streaming so it shouldn't be a too difficult job !!!

Documentation:Streaming HowTo New - VideoLAN Wiki

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Internet Radio - any program to sort by GENRE - Similar Threads - Internet Radio program

2. Problems with internet speed while any sort of online games opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with internet speed while any sort of online games opened: Hi,I have a small problem. When I play video games, which require internet connection doesn't matter if it's a super new, demanding game, or an old one, my internet is super slow when trying to browse through the internet while the game is minimalized. It's to the point, that...
  3. Problems with internet speed while any sort of online games opened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with internet speed while any sort of online games opened: Hi,I have a small problem. When I play video games, which require internet connection doesn't matter if it's a super new, demanding game, or an old one, my internet is super slow when trying to browse through the internet while the game is minimalized. It's to the point, that...
  4. i want to add a genre heading for my music as a sorting option

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i want to add a genre heading for my music as a sorting option: I've noticed in windows explorer I can add folder columns with headers such as Genre but in no way can I add any information into those additional columns such as artist, genre, albums... Why can I add the column but not edit the header... silly.. Best option ive heard so far...
  5. Specific internet radio site always buffering.

Specific internet radio site always buffering.: The site: https://www.rautemusik.fm/ keeps buffering on Google Chrome. I've contacted the site and they said they have no problems. The same thing happening on Edge, other external players and via Tune In and similar sites etc. The site is German internet radio site....
  6. Finding and Playing Internet Radio Stations

Finding and Playing Internet Radio Stations: This enquiry is from a non technical person with a neurological disability. What please in 2019 are the various options available to seek and play Internet Radio stations via a Windows 10 Desktop Personal Computer and where are the instructions to easily use such...
  7. Internet Radio on Linux VM - Great program - Cantata

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Internet Radio on Linux VM - Great program - Cantata: Hi there If you like Internet Radio and you have a Linux VM (or even a LINUX HOST) there's a great FREE program - CANTATA out there (actually most stuff on Linux is available FREE). You will need a standard Linux GUI though for the program to run. Unlike most programs...
  8. cant install any program off the internet

cant install any program off the internet: so i reinstalled windows 10 pro fresh and now i cant install any program of the internet. i tryed everything but it doesnt work. it always said that 'cant connect to download center' if u find anything that can fix this problem i apreciate. update: i remembered that i...
  9. Internet Radio --any good App that sorts on Location and Genre

Internet Radio --any good App that sorts on Location and Genre: Hi there I'm looking for a Windows app that can replace the Linux Cantata app that can give you Internet Radio (Free stations) with a decent sorting --Location, City and particularly by GENRE. Most Windows apps give you all the stations in a particular area which takes an...
  10. roberts stream internet radio.

roberts stream internet radio.: Updated to windows 10 last week, everything fine except I cannot stream my music from my computer to roberts internet radio. Eveything is correct ie sharing and allowing ,the computer recognises the radio in devices but radio states (No upnp media servers found). have...