Windows 10: Internet Router missing from Device Manager

Discus and support Internet Router missing from Device Manager in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, hoping someone can help? I am troubleshooting my abysmal WiFi speeds as my PC is fast becoming unusable. Having spoken to my ISP - I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rachael_Fenton, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Internet Router missing from Device Manager

Hi all, hoping someone can help?

I am troubleshooting my abysmal WiFi speeds as my PC is fast becoming unusable.

Having spoken to my ISP - I have split the signal on the router. The split has been done successfully visible on my mobile phone network options, however the 5.0GHz network is not showing up on my desktop PC - the trouble shooting steps suggest tweaking the adapter settings.

My issue is that the Router is not listed in Device Manager? Hidden Devices is checked...

This is what is listed...none of these are for my NOWTV router....

Internet Router missing from Device Manager 891137a2-913b-4b28-84c4-4a18536c7ad4?upload=true.jpg

:)

Rachael_Fenton, Jan 6, 2020
  2. AndreePin Win User

Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Jan 6, 2020
  3. zmlc29 Win User
    network and internet

this hard drive is not connected to my computer, it is connected to my wireless router.

after scanning for hardware changes as you suggested in step one, there is no usb hard drive
    listed on my computer, either in the device manager, or in the network list in file manager which includes both computers connected to the router. this computer is recognizing the router, internet, and other computers connected to the router.
    it is not recognizing the hard drive connected tot he wireless router.

I checked my wireless router to see if the usb hard drive is discoverable and verified that it is.

zmlc29, Jan 6, 2020
  4. John Vil Win User

Internet Router missing from Device Manager

Cannot see wifi adapter on device manager anymore

Hi,

Missing adapters on device manager can be caused by several reasons. To further isolate your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done?
    • Were there any hardware/software changes made on your desktop prior to this happening?

In the meantime, we suggest that you connect your computer, using an Ethernet cable, directly to your modem/router to download and install the latest drivers from HP's support site.

We look forward for your response.

John Vil, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Internet Router missing from Device Manager

1. Internet Router missing from Device Manager - Similar Threads - Internet Router missing

2. Portable Devices missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Portable Devices missing from Device Manager: how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/portable-devices-missing-from-device-manager/a1461074-d3d1-4325-9204-577d70b69c98
  3. Portable Devices missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Portable Devices missing from Device Manager: how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/portable-devices-missing-from-device-manager/a1461074-d3d1-4325-9204-577d70b69c98
  4. Portable Devices missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Portable Devices missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Portable Devices missing from Device Manager: I need to access my iphone from from Itunes. It is not recognized. In order to recognize it I need portable devices in Device manager. The setting does not appear. Hidden devices are shown. The action tab of device manager only contains a help link.ICloud is not an option. I...
  6. Portable Devices missing from Device Manager

Portable Devices missing from Device Manager: I need to access my iphone from from Itunes. It is not recognized. In order to recognize it I need portable devices in Device manager. The setting does not appear. Hidden devices are shown. The action tab of device manager only contains a help link.ICloud is not an option. I...
  7. Portable Devices missing from Device Manager

8. Bluetooth missing from Device Manager

Bluetooth missing from Device Manager: I'm not entirely sure what happened but I left my PC on a Windows Defender Full Scan before I went away for 15minutes. My PC was shut down when I was back and after turning it on, the Bluetooth icon disappeared and I couldn't find it in device manager unless I click "show...
  9. Bluetooth is missing from Device Manager

Bluetooth is missing from Device Manager: I've been having issues with my laptop suddenly thinking it doesn't support bluetooth. I've tried all the options I can find including running the troubleshooter, telling device manager to show hidden items, downloading and installing the latest drivers from the laptop...
  10. Bluetooth missing from device manager

Bluetooth missing from device manager: In the middle of listening to my bluetooth speaker last night, I went to unpair the speaker, windows said I could not remove the device. At this time I noticed the button to enable or disable bluetooth was no longer there. Also the bluetooth icon in the system tray...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my nvidia device and my router is listed as not connected in my pc bluetoothe and other devices section