Windows 10: Internet running really slowly after update

Discus and support Internet running really slowly after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, my internet has started running slowly after a windows 10 update. I am using Firefox. Anybody able to help with this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JeffMuir1, Aug 16, 2019.

1. JeffMuir1 Win User

Internet running really slowly after update

Hi, my internet has started running slowly after a windows 10 update. I am using Firefox. Anybody able to help with this?

:)

JeffMuir1, Aug 16, 2019

2. internet connection is very slowly while projecting to another pc

Hi,

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X Key, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Aug 16, 2019
  3. BlackOwl Win User
    Windows running slowly in specific situations

Over the last few days (since maybe Thursday but definitely Friday) my Win10 machine has been running slowly in certain situations. The programs iTunes, GSAK, and Unreal Tournament 2004 run slowly in general, much slower than my new hardware has been able to output since I bought it less than two months ago. Other programs are substantially slower than normal to load, but act quite fine once they've been loaded (Sid Meier's Civilization V and Overwatch are two notable exmaples - they take up to six times longer to load than they did this time last week). The change was sudden but not noticeable straightaway.

One further change I've noticed is that whenever I go to shut down or reboot the computer, it tells me it's "Getting Windows ready" despite there being no updates to my knowledge. It tends to hang on that screen for some time before it actually shuts down or reboots - I'm not sure how long it takes as I often lose patience and go and do something else, but it's more than expected.

Steps I've already tried:
    • rebooting
    • antivirus scan
    • uninstalling programs I've installed within the last week
    • rolling back Windows updates (which I've found to be basically impossible)
    • cleaning up the fullest hard drive (I've more than doubled the free space on it)
    • updating my video card drivers
    • defragging all three hard drives

Any ideas?

BlackOwl, Aug 16, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Internet running really slowly after update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Internet running really slowly after update - Similar Threads - Internet running really

2. Programs run slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs run slowly: I have a window 7 ,14 years from now , Because Microsoft ended the support from windows 7 and programs very slow, glitches,and won't run smoothly,I decided to upgrade it to windows 10..I'm very glad because it run now smoothly,New UI,and more features.But after a week on...
  3. Programs run slowly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs run slowly: I have a window 7 ,14 years from now , Because Microsoft ended the support from windows 7 and programs very slow, glitches,and won't run smoothly,I decided to upgrade it to windows 10..I'm very glad because it run now smoothly,New UI,and more features.But after a week on...
  4. Computer running slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer running slowly: I have recently copied files from my external hard drive to my laptop. My computer is running slowly and my programs such as Adobe and outlook keeps freezing and saying not responding. I think it is the files but when I do a scan for viruses, nothing is detected. What could...
  5. Laptop running very slowly after restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop running very slowly after restart: I reset my laptop and now it is running much slower than before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-running-very-slowly-after-restart/131bc8e6-ce13-4cd9-abd9-68be9abb0b71
  6. Computer suddenly started running really slowly

Computer suddenly started running really slowly: My computer all the sudden started working really slowly for even the smallest of tasks. literally anything I do now is excruciatingly slow. Opening chrome, opening file explorer, typing, even drawing the selection boxes on the desktop. The mouse moves smooth though still....
  7. Laptop running slowly

Laptop running slowly: My laptop is getting very slow. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-running-slowly/7dd93db5-2ab3-44fa-ae5b-d3239eb003a9
  8. really hard to connect to internet after updated the windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    really hard to connect to internet after updated the windows: I am fairly new to computer build, I just built my PC 3 days ago(Jan 10th 2019). I will list some of my specs in case it needed CPU: Ryzen 5 2400G(with integrated graphic vega 11) RAM: 8GB x 2 DDR4 RAM Mainboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH V2 So I installed windows 10, everything...
  9. Internet Running Very Slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Running Very Slowly: I've been going back and forth with my isp for a while now. trying to troubleshoot issues with my service. For a while it was truly their faults, going through updates and having down time in my area, just an overall loss of internet and throttling internet. I have since...
  10. My laptop loads some internet pages really slowly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My laptop loads some internet pages really slowly: I've been having this issue for a long time (not sure how long), some internet pages that require the browser to load resources/images/whatever are laggy as all hell. Sometimes they load fine, but other times it takes forever to load thumbnails of videos on Youtube or images...