Windows 10: Internet running very slow

Discus and support Internet running very slow in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, i'm running windows 10 on a dell pc.In the last week my internet has started to run very slow. I usually use chrome, but also have internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nez, Jan 15, 2017.

1. NEZ
    nez Win User

Internet running very slow

Hi all, i'm running windows 10 on a dell pc.In the last week my internet has started to run very slow. I usually use chrome, but also have internet explorer which was also slow which leads me to think the problem is to with windows rather than a browser. My ps3 seems to run ok when playing online so i don't think its a poor connection either. I haven't downloaded any programs, updates or changed any settings in the last week so i'm really at a loss. Can anyone help?

One interesting thing though, if i go on youtube the video make take a long time to start but once it does its buffers ok which is a little odd

thanks

p.s sorry if this isn't in the right section, please let me know where it should go if thats the case

:)

2. Internet conection is very slow on windows 10

Internet conection runs very very slow on windows 10 but at good speed on other devices

How to solve it

sahilshowkat, Jan 15, 2017
  3. Slow internet connection on Chrome and Edge browser using Windows 10.

Original Title: Internet Is slow

Why is Internet slow on my surface pro 4 8gb ram . It runs slow on both chrome & microsoft edge . Edge is really very very slower as compared to chrome . PLease fix the issue & what are the main features microsoft will be fixing in the REDSTONE update &
    when will it be released?

Thanks

KashyapRaparthi, Jan 15, 2017
  4. Internet running very slow

Welcome to the TenForums @nez.

Are you wired or wireless. Either way, have you checked your connection speed and quality to router.

There is a very large update making its way to your computer. Please go into settings, updates and security, and see if you are receiving any updates. Also check update history and note any repeat failures. KB3213986 should show as installed, assuming you are on Win 10 1607. I've noticed it has failed on some of my devices and then restarts the download. A simple fix for this is to manually download and install.

Caledon Ken, Jan 16, 2017
  5. NEZ
    nez Win User
    Hi, i am wireless, but did connect with wire and made no difference. Also ps3 is running fine so no probably with connection. Have listed current updates below. It says downloading, but they never seem to download

Internet running very slow [​IMG]

Also have this from download history

This is the version details of windows

This maybe an old version. When my computer downloaded the anniversary update i recall it messed up my internet on that occasion, so i went back to the previous version

6. robgr Win User
    Run the Windows Update troubleshooter

robgr, Jan 17, 2017
  7. Agree and if it fails run it again.

Caledon Ken, Jan 17, 2017
  8. NEZ
    nez Win User

I've run it a few times, now have got all uploads downloaded and installed, except for the cumulative windows 10 update which seems to be an issue. Didn't seem to fully download. After running trouble shooter a few times it said it could delete download as a fix. So i let it do this, Now attemtping to re download. Internet no different as yet tho

9. robgr Win User
    What speed do you expect?
    Is there a known fault in your area?
    How does the speed compare on a another device/PC?

robgr, Jan 17, 2017
  10. NEZ
    nez Win User
    download of windows update now dowloaded. left the computer in process of installing it. will see how things are when i get home

ps3 runs fine, have also connected pc with cable to modem, didn't make any difference. Speedwise, well i expect it to load a page pretty much instantly, which is how it usually is . It can take 30 secs + at the moment, sometimes not at all

11. robgr Win User
    robgr, Jan 17, 2017
  12. I'd start by diagnosing the modem/router.

Start by shutting down the computer and then rebooting your modem, then start your computer, once router is powered on again.

Next I'd try to ping google.com or even better, your own ISP from command prompt. If all values are good then I'd go and test Pingtest.net - The Global Broadband Quality Test multiple times for different servers using different browsers.

Maybe this can pinpoint your problem. If all looks good then problem solved, but if you experience slowdowns still, then we need to dig deeper into your system.

slicendice, Jan 17, 2017
  13. Internet running very slow

Nez your slow speed on this device has been caused by the failing installs and repetitive downloads. As you say your PS3 is fine. Your device was in trouble. Once you can dedicate your Internet service to serving you and not the updates you will be find. That update that you mention is almost 1GB.

If it fails report back and we can solve with a manual installation.

14. NEZ
    nez Win User
    All the updates are done hasn't made any difference, speed test 10.3mb

15. What speed are you paying for? When you tested were you wired to router or wireless?

Thema:

1. Internet running very slow - Similar Threads - Internet running very

2. Internet is very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet is very slow: Hi, I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 Home, 22H2. I reinstalled it on Sunday, and it still doesn't fix my internet problem which I think started on Saturday. I visited one site my banking site, and it just shows a spinning "load" sign plus the MS Edge spinning blue...
  3. Internet is very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet is very slow: Hi, I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 Home, 22H2. I reinstalled it on Sunday, and it still doesn't fix my internet problem which I think started on Saturday. I visited one site my banking site, and it just shows a spinning "load" sign plus the MS Edge spinning blue...
  4. Internet is very slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet very slow

Internet very slow: My internet has been very slow but only on my laptop, i did the speedtest on my iphone and laptop and ping was 13 ms download was 12.87 mbps while on my iphone ping 25 ms and download 32 mbps. i deleted the network also rebooted my router and laptop still the same, my laptop...
  6. Very Slow Internet Connections

in Windows 10 Support
    Very Slow Internet Connections: For the past few days, my wife's computer has been very slow to connect to the Internet. Windows 10, Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.900). Browsers used: FIrefox, MS Edge (not the new one), Google Chrome. Examples: 1. NY Times, 21 seconds to connect, then articles downloaded...
  7. Very, very slow internet

Very, very slow internet: Good Morning For the past week I have been having problems with internet pages being very slow to load, having to be constantly refreshed to display the content and often not displaying the content at all despite repeated attempts. I have had my telephone line and...
  8. internet very slow

internet very slow: previous i use windows 7. i am jio wifi user. but after windows 10 internet is very slow? please give solution for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-very-slow/d62d84c4-b418-4796-999a-7d0c1b6d09c1
  9. Very slow internet handshakes

Very slow internet handshakes: Since, I think, the Fall update - there have been a rash coming in over the last four days - all my browsers either fail or are slow (minutes) in making connections. Chrome just sleeps after I have clicked a link, Firefox says "performing TLS handshake" and then has a tea...
  10. Router Internet VERY SLOW!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Router Internet VERY SLOW!!!: I posted this in the Network forum - but did not receive a good response. Hope it's OK to post it here for a better response. I use COX Cable and pay for 100Gbps. That speed arrives at the modem (the router is separate as of now). When my computer is only three feet from the...