Windows 10: Internet Safety Question

Discus and support Internet Safety Question in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; What is the highest internet safety software program for any type of device under the name of Microsoft itself or for the internet as a whole in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BillyAlbornoz, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Internet Safety Question

What is the highest internet safety software program for any type of device under the name of Microsoft itself or for the internet as a whole in general?

:)

BillyAlbornoz, Aug 4, 2019

2. No activity on family safety (win10)

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Make sure that "Delete Browsing History on Exit is unchecked. Refer to these steps.

• Open Internet Explorer on the Desktop.

• Select "Tools" from the top menu

• Internet Options

• Under Browsing History UNCHECK the box "Delete Browsing History on Exit"

• Select "Settings (button)

• Select "History" (tab on top)

• Change the setting as required.

• Click OK.

Method 2:

Go to https://fss.live.com
    and sign in with the parent account, select the child account that you are monitoring and confirm if the activity reporting for the child account is turned on.

Method 3:

You can also run the Family Safety Troubleshooter and check. Refer to the “Family Safety Troubleshooter” section from the following link.

Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions.

Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions

I hope the information helps. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again with the details and updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 4, 2019
  3. Internet safety

Hi Concerned1234cg,

You can monitor your kid's online activities by setting up Family Safety in Windows 10. In Family Safety, you can choose which apps to be blocked or accessed by your kids and family members.

To add someone to your family, kindly refer to the steps below:

• Go to Settings > Accounts > Family & other people. (You'll need to sign in to Windows with a Microsoft account.)
    • Select Add a family member.
    • Choose Add a child or Add an adult.
    • Type the email address of the person to send them an invitation to join. If they don't have an email address, select
      The person I want to invite doesn’t have an email address and follow the directions to set up a new account.
    • After they've accepted the email invitation, have them sign in to Windows 10 using the same email address you sent the invitation to.

Once you're done adding up your child account to the family, you may follow these steps on how to manage the Family settings in Windows 10.

• Go to account.microsoft.com/family and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Select the child account that you wanted to set up restrictions. If your kids also use Family Safety on older versions of Windows or My Family on older Windows phones, you’ll see them listed per device.
    • Choose what to turn on or change on the child's account.

For your reference, you may check this link.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Aug 4, 2019
  4. Internet Safety Question

Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

Internet Safety Question

1. Internet Safety Question - Similar Threads - Internet Safety Question

2. question on microsoft safety scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    question on microsoft safety scanner: When I use the tool to scan it said I had five infections but it didn't remove them it just ended and I went to the log file and it said this stipular code I was not sure if this is just normal return code 0 0x0 So I'm just wondering if anybody knows what this actually means...
  3. question on microsoft safety scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    question on microsoft safety scanner: When I use the tool to scan it said I had five infections but it didn't remove them it just ended and I went to the log file and it said this stipular code I was not sure if this is just normal return code 0 0x0 So I'm just wondering if anybody knows what this actually means...
  4. question on microsoft safety scanner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Microsoft Safety Scanner Question

Microsoft Safety Scanner Question: I recently ran the Microsoft Safety Scanner MSERT.exe file to try and find what is going on with my computer since Windows Defender has not found anything.During the scan, it shows the files scanned, threats, time elapsed, etc.. And during the scan, it shows that I have had...
  6. Microsoft Safety Scanner Question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Question: I just ran a scan of my C: drive. During the scan, the Microsoft Safety Scanner 1.3.4.1.1044.0 indicated that it had detected 80 infected files. When I returned, to my computer, the scanner had completed the scan. The scanner message read "The completed successfully and no...
  7. Microsoft Safety Scanner question

Microsoft Safety Scanner question: Hi. I downloaded the MSERT and did a scan. It tells me I have 15 infected files [ATTACH] However after the scan completes it tells me I'm Ok. [ATTACH] What gives? Im I OK or not? If I have 15 infected files why does it say I'm Ok? If I'm Ok why does it say I have 15...
  8. Wifi Safety Question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Safety Question: I have my own internet and use it on my main dell xps computer. My building also has wifi as well that ppl in the building can use, its basically shared thoughout the building and most ppl use this as they are here short term. I had my own internet installed a while back....
  9. Internet Safety Question

Internet Safety Question: What is the highest internet safety software program that is used for any type of device under Microsoft's own name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/internet-safety-question/17673c48-8843-4a02-900a-1dc109830155
  10. Setting internet safety

Setting internet safety: Hi My son has recently bought a lenovo laptop and has set himself up as the adminstrator. I would like to set some internet safety restrictions but it seems that I have to be the adminsrator. Please can you tell me if that is correct or whether i can somehow put parental...