Windows 10: Internet says it is connected but won't work

Discus and support Internet says it is connected but won't work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Summary: My windows 10 computer says the network has internet access, but I can't actually access anything on the internet. I know the internet is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CRogers271, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Internet says it is connected but won't work

Summary: My windows 10 computer says the network has internet access, but I can't actually access anything on the internet. I know the internet is working because I have multiple other devices connecting, including a windows 7 computer. The computer can also see each other over the network.

The computer connects via an ethernet connection.

Things I have tried:
    ipconfig/release
    ipconfig/renew
    ipconfig/flushdns
    ipconfig/registerdns
    resetting the modem
    safe mode with network
    system restore

Background: Windows 10 had been running well until about a week ago. I had a momentary power outage and lost internet access to all devices. I was able to reconnect most things via restarting. The windows 10 computer didn't reconnect until I did the ipconfig/renew command. I had no other problems until the computer stopped connecting two days ago.

I'm not sure if the event is related.

At the moment I'm not sure of what else to try except uninstalling/reinstalling windows, but I'm hoping to avoid that step.

Thank you very much for your help.

:)

CRogers271, Nov 14, 2015

2. Connected to the Wifi, but it says "No Internet, Secured".

You said that you already tried connecting to a Wifi connection when you picked it up, yes? because this is a new connection to their Wifi that's why it worked. This might be a problem with the wifi's domain. I suggest you contact your ISP to reconfigure
    it, it's possible that the IP on your laptop was not recognized by the domain.

69IronMan69, Nov 14, 2015
  3. Connected to the Wifi, but it says "No Internet, Secured".

I recently got my laptop fixed and got windows 10 installed. I connected to wifi when I went to pick it up and it was fine. Once I got home and tried to connect it did, but I can't go online. I can only use the ethernet cable and that's it.

I've tried

1 Restarting

2 netsh cmd stuff

3 Unistalling and Reinstalling Wireless Adapter Driver

4 Changing Wifi Channels

5 services.msc and renew ip

The wifi works on all my other devices except my laptop.

Internet says it is connected but won't work [​IMG]

This is basically all it tells me that is wrong.

Esau Lopez, Nov 14, 2015
Thema:

Internet says it is connected but won't work

1. Internet says it is connected but won't work - Similar Threads - Internet says connected

2. Internet says it’s connected, but doesn’t work.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet says it’s connected, but doesn’t work.: It says my internet is connected, but nothing is working. Other devices are working on the internet and I even tried to use my hotspot on the computer but that isn’t working either. I’ve tried using safe mode with networking, but that doesn’t work either. I’ve looked up...
  3. Browsers won't work but windows is connected to internet

Browsers won't work but windows is connected to internet: So, getting right into the meat of it. Opera, Edge, Chrome and Vivaldi browsers won't open pages.Interestingly enough, the browsers are able to load half a page the instant you open them but then nothing works after that.Windows news, windows update, online installers, CMD...
  4. Says Internet Connected; But it isn't.

Says Internet Connected; But it isn't.: I'm on a Windows 10 laptop. My network status says I'm connected to the internet. Connected and secured.However, I cannot access anything requiring the internet. Steam won't log in. Opera displays ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED.I have no proxy, no VPN, no additional firewalls. Windows...
  5. Saying the internet is disconnected but connected!

Saying the internet is disconnected but connected!: [ATTACH] Hello For some time now, when I connect my laptop to Wi-Fi, it shows that there is no internet, but the sites open and everything works with the internet, but the laptop says the internet is down. in this pic , the internet is connected but saying the internet is...
  6. password not working and won't connect to internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    password not working and won't connect to internet: I'm new here so I'll try to keep this short. My friend recently bought rdr2 and it wouldn't start after downloading it. He asked rockstar for help and they told him to do a AMD cleanup. He's recently new to using windows so he could've made a big mistake by doing that...
  7. Ethernet says it is connected but internet isn't working

Ethernet says it is connected but internet isn't working: I've been trying to work through this issue for about a week now. My ethernet is shows it is connected, but is unable to open any web pages or actually show a connection. I have tried: Running Network Diagnostics (multiple/differing errors every time, and sometimes no...
  8. Status say not connected to internet

Status say not connected to internet: I am using a dial up connection provided by my ISP. I can browse internet but can't use Microsoft store or get any security update. It says you are not connected to any networks. Please help me solve the problem. [ATTACH]...
  9. Edge stopped working. Says I'm not connected to the internet

in Browsers and Email
    Edge stopped working. Says I'm not connected to the internet: Suddenly edge has stopped working. It shows a "cant reach this page" at the top left" and "Hmm we couldn't find that page) Says I'm not connected to the internet but I am. Its not my default browser, Google chrome is and that is working normally which rather proves that I'm...
  10. Won't connect to internet

Won't connect to internet: Windows Insider 17063 won't connect to Internet. It is a wired connect and it says Internet access on the little screen icon. Tried Edge, Firefox, Waterfox and Chrome. Just get spinning circles. My wife's Win 10 connects and I have my computer also set up on a separate SSD...