Windows 10: Internet says it is connected but won't work

Discus and support Internet says it is connected but won't work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Summary: My windows 10 computer says the network has internet access, but I can't actually access anything on the internet. I know the internet is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CRogers271, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Internet says it is connected but won't work

Summary: My windows 10 computer says the network has internet access, but I can't actually access anything on the internet. I know the internet is working because I have multiple other devices connecting, including a windows 7 computer. The computer can also see each other over the network.

The computer connects via an ethernet connection.

Things I have tried:
    ipconfig/release
    ipconfig/renew
    ipconfig/flushdns
    ipconfig/registerdns
    resetting the modem
    safe mode with network
    system restore

Background: Windows 10 had been running well until about a week ago. I had a momentary power outage and lost internet access to all devices. I was able to reconnect most things via restarting. The windows 10 computer didn't reconnect until I did the ipconfig/renew command. I had no other problems until the computer stopped connecting two days ago.

I'm not sure if the event is related.

At the moment I'm not sure of what else to try except uninstalling/reinstalling windows, but I'm hoping to avoid that step.

Thank you very much for your help.

:)

CRogers271, Nov 14, 2015

2. Connected to the Wifi, but it says "No Internet, Secured".

You said that you already tried connecting to a Wifi connection when you picked it up, yes? because this is a new connection to their Wifi that's why it worked. This might be a problem with the wifi's domain. I suggest you contact your ISP to reconfigure
    it, it's possible that the IP on your laptop was not recognized by the domain.

69IronMan69, Nov 14, 2015
  3. Connected to the Wifi, but it says "No Internet, Secured".

I recently got my laptop fixed and got windows 10 installed. I connected to wifi when I went to pick it up and it was fine. Once I got home and tried to connect it did, but I can't go online. I can only use the ethernet cable and that's it.

I've tried

1 Restarting

2 netsh cmd stuff

3 Unistalling and Reinstalling Wireless Adapter Driver

4 Changing Wifi Channels

5 services.msc and renew ip

The wifi works on all my other devices except my laptop.

Internet says it is connected but won't work [​IMG]

This is basically all it tells me that is wrong.

Esau Lopez, Nov 14, 2015
Thema:

Internet says it is connected but won't work

1. Internet says it is connected but won't work - Similar Threads - Internet says connected

2. Internet says it’s connected, but doesn’t work.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet says it’s connected, but doesn’t work.: Im having issues i tried everything nothing work… im using a ethernet cable it says connected to internet but nothing is running/loading. How can i fix?...
  3. Internet connected everything works, says no internet access still.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet connected everything works, says no internet access still.: Network and everything works, it's just that my PC thinks that I have no internet access. I've changed DNS servers, done countless CMD int. commands, restarted adaptors, and installed new network drivers. Still the problem persists. Please help me out thank you :...
  4. Internet connected everything works, says no internet access still.

Internet connected everything works, says no internet access still.: Network and everything works, it's just that my PC thinks that I have no internet access. I've changed DNS servers, done countless CMD int. commands, restarted adaptors, and installed new network drivers. Still the problem persists. Please help me out thank you :...
  5. Internet says connected but it's not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet says connected but it's not connecting: Internet is connected but when attempting to open a new web page it's not connecting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-says-connected-but-its-not-connecting/9a335977-32aa-4fb7-92a2-cb05acfc301c
  6. Internet says connected but it's not connecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet says connected but it's not connecting: Internet is connected but when attempting to open a new web page it's not connecting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-says-connected-but-its-not-connecting/9a335977-32aa-4fb7-92a2-cb05acfc301c
  7. Internet says connected but it's not connecting

8. Internet says it’s connected, but doesn’t work.

Internet says it’s connected, but doesn’t work.: It says my internet is connected, but nothing is working. Other devices are working on the internet and I even tried to use my hotspot on the computer but that isn’t working either. I’ve tried using safe mode with networking, but that doesn’t work either. I’ve looked up...
  9. password not working and won't connect to internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    password not working and won't connect to internet: I'm new here so I'll try to keep this short. My friend recently bought rdr2 and it wouldn't start after downloading it. He asked rockstar for help and they told him to do a AMD cleanup. He's recently new to using windows so he could've made a big mistake by doing that...
  10. Ethernet says it is connected but internet isn't working

Ethernet says it is connected but internet isn't working: I've been trying to work through this issue for about a week now. My ethernet is shows it is connected, but is unable to open any web pages or actually show a connection. I have tried: Running Network Diagnostics (multiple/differing errors every time, and sometimes no...