Windows 10: Internet says it’s connected, but doesn’t work.

Discus and support Internet says it’s connected, but doesn’t work. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It says my internet is connected, but nothing is working. Other devices are working on the internet and I even tried to use my hotspot on the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kyojuro, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Kyojuro Win User

Internet says it’s connected, but doesn’t work.

It says my internet is connected, but nothing is working. Other devices are working on the internet and I even tried to use my hotspot on the computer but that isn’t working either. I’ve tried using safe mode with networking, but that doesn’t work either. I’ve looked up multiple fixes but nothing seems to work.

:)

Kyojuro, Jul 24, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Internet says it’s connected, but doesn’t work. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jul 24, 2021
  3. Bagoguts Win User
    Lumia 620 doesn`t connect to computer via usb cable

Hi yall and thanks for the replies!

Unfortunately, the were of no help.

The phone isn`t listed in device manager, the list of devices doesn`t change if I have my phone connected to my computer(s). There are no mystery devices, no yellow triangle -markings or anything even remotely pointing to the direction the phone being connected.

It could be that my phone has a broken usb port, but it makes me wonder that it still charges the battery when connected to a computer.

This is not a big problem for me, that I must admit, but still, it kinda bugs me that the phone doesn`t work the way it`s supposed to work,

Anyways, if somebody comes up with something that might help, I am most grateful.

Have a great weekend yall!

-

edit: Also, I have my laptop almost always connected to charger. Tried without charger just for the heck of it, didn`t help.

Bagoguts, Jul 24, 2021
  4. Internet says it’s connected, but doesn’t work.

Cant get Cortana to work, says it's not connected to the internet.

Hello ,

Your question on Microsoft Community has received a reply from Joy Kemprai.

Title:
    Cant get Cortana To work

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are facing currently, and we in Community will try to resolve your issue the best way we can.

Before I can provide you any assistance, I would like you to answer the question below:

1. Do you that an un-interrupted internet connection?

2. Is your web browser working properly?

I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if the issue persist:

Step 1: Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.
    Step 2: Run Internet Troubleshooter.

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions.
    Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

I have done all the above and have a 50mbps connection. Help. Thank You

John Schaus, Jul 24, 2021
Thema:

Internet says it’s connected, but doesn’t work.

1. Internet says it’s connected, but doesn’t work. - Similar Threads - Internet says it’s

2. Internet says it’s connected, but doesn’t work.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet says it’s connected, but doesn’t work.: Im having issues i tried everything nothing work… im using a ethernet cable it says connected to internet but nothing is running/loading. How can i fix?...
  3. Internet says connected but it's not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet says connected but it's not connecting: Internet is connected but when attempting to open a new web page it's not connecting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-says-connected-but-its-not-connecting/9a335977-32aa-4fb7-92a2-cb05acfc301c
  4. Internet says connected but it's not connecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet says connected but it's not connecting: Internet is connected but when attempting to open a new web page it's not connecting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-says-connected-but-its-not-connecting/9a335977-32aa-4fb7-92a2-cb05acfc301c
  5. Internet says connected but it's not connecting

6. Wifi says connected but no internet, used to work but now it doesn’t. Tried everything...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi says connected but no internet, used to work but now it doesn’t. Tried everything...: All of my microsoft products have been like this recently. Xbox and PC have not been able to or connected with no internet. Ive tried resets for both but it still doesn’t work. Could it be something on Microsofts side that I haven’t done anything?...
  7. Wifi says connected but no internet, used to work but now it doesn’t. Tried everything...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi says connected but no internet, used to work but now it doesn’t. Tried everything...: All of my microsoft products have been like this recently. Xbox and PC have not been able to or connected with no internet. Ive tried resets for both but it still doesn’t work. Could it be something on Microsofts side that I haven’t done anything?...
  8. Wifi says connected but no internet, used to work but now it doesn’t. Tried everything...

9. Internet doesn’t work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet doesn’t work: I’ve been having problems with my PCs internet recently. I have an 802.11ac wireless adapter hooked up to the back of the computer. It says I’m getting full bars. Every other device in my house works fine. I’ve restarted my computer and router multiple times to no avail. When...
  10. Internet says it is connected but won't work

Internet says it is connected but won't work: Summary: My windows 10 computer says the network has internet access, but I can't actually access anything on the internet. I know the internet is working because I have multiple other devices connecting, including a windows 7 computer. The computer can also see each other...