Windows 10: "INTERNET SECURITY ALERT!" virus - restarting PC won't delete it

Discus and support "INTERNET SECURITY ALERT!" virus - restarting PC won't delete it in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was setting up a different profile on my laptop so my wife can use her own browser and keep her own files. I set up Firefox and Yahoo mail. Then a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by VillageIdiot, Jul 12, 2018.

1. "INTERNET SECURITY ALERT!" virus - restarting PC won't delete it

I was setting up a different profile on my laptop so my wife can use her own browser and keep her own files. I set up Firefox and Yahoo mail. Then a page opened up, bright red, that said,

"INTERNET SECURITY ALERT! CODE 055BCCAC9FEC

Your PC might be infected by harmless viruses

Call Windows Tech Support

888-894-4693

There is a small white window stating they want my username and password.

Yeah, RIGHT!

I've got McAfee so I don't know how this comes up every once in awhile. When I'm on my profile, all I had to do to get rid of it was to restart the PC and it's gone.

Here's the problem.... when I set up my wife's profile, and set up Firefox, I clicked on "Restore previous session". Which means the same scam opens up again and I can't change anything on Firefox because the virus won't let me.

How can I fix this problem?

Living up to my screen name
    Village Idiot

:)

VillageIdiot, Jul 12, 2018
  2. Jsssssssss, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Jsssssssss, Jul 12, 2018
  4. "INTERNET SECURITY ALERT!" virus - restarting PC won't delete it

Jsssssssss, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

"INTERNET SECURITY ALERT!" virus - restarting PC won't delete it

1. "INTERNET SECURITY ALERT!" virus - restarting PC won't delete it - Similar Threads - INTERNET SECURITY ALERT

2. Virus alerts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus alerts: I was getting numerous popups and installed mcafee. Now I am getting even more mcafee popups. I have attached some screen shots. The popups are in the bottom right of the page.I can barely use my computer anymore because of these stupid popups... 30 or 40 will pop up in a row...
  3. Virus and Security Alert

Virus and Security Alert: I went to a website and clicked a link but it took me to a tab saying I have a virus and that the website that I tired to is remotely sending hackers my private information. It also that if I closed the tab without calling 888-601-7824 my computer would be shut down for...
  4. Virus Alert

Virus Alert: I Lama Guy trying to create a game I created a kind of virus: the game is created with JavaScript I will leave it below a image with the problems[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-alert/77b93da5-9faa-4b1c-be94-5fc460efd026
  5. Virus alert on my PC

Virus alert on my PC: Asking for my user name and password. Says call Microsoft support at 1-833-632-0017, Is this a legitimate number for Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-alert-on-my-pc/f1844001-30f4-4420-aa9d-64f07e014388"
  6. Windows Security - Virus & threat protection won't restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Security - Virus & threat protection won't restart: [ATTACH] Hi team, It's been a couple of days now and I tried letting it fix itself but can't seem to restart my Virus & threat protection. If I restart it, it says it encountered a problem. Has anybody encountered the same thing?...
  7. virus security alert

virus security alert: Will security alert virus be apparent in resources? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-security-alert/000b0ca8-d421-42d6-9d17-58cc49a1509e"
  8. Virus alert

Virus alert: Earlier today i recieved an alert stating it was from Microsoft and that i had three very serious viruses and needed immediate attention. Down load tool was from WIN TONIC........ Real or SCAM???????...
  9. virus alert

virus alert: defender finds a virus, quarantined the virus. I remove all the quarantined viruses. the threat alert pm the bottom right of the screen slices over with the same virus alert. I remove the quarantined virus.. the alert alerts again. this keeps repeating. the virus is "Bruser...
  10. "INTERNET SECURITY ALERT!" virus - restarting PC won't delete it

"INTERNET SECURITY ALERT!" virus - restarting PC won't delete it: I was setting up a different profile on my laptop so my wife can use her own browser and keep her own files. I set up Firefox and Yahoo mail. Then a page opened up, bright red, that said, "INTERNET SECURITY ALERT! CODE 055BCCAC9FEC Your PC might be infected by harmless...