Windows 10: Internet security firewall issues

Discus and support Internet security firewall issues in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've been using comodo for a year or so with no problems. A few builds ago, the firewall grayed out and stopped all access. I uninstalled and used... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by THempleman, May 20, 2016.

1. Internet security firewall issues

I've been using comodo for a year or so with no problems. A few builds ago, the firewall grayed out and stopped all access. I uninstalled and used defender; all good. I have tried reinstalling and it now says this program not compatible... Also, Vipre has it's firewall grayed out (not installed) after installation.
    I guess defender is ok, I just wonder if I am the only one and if there is a "fix".

:)

THempleman, May 20, 2016

2. pc wont connect to wifi

ive had my pc for almost a year and currently it wont connect to my wifi.

sometimes it connects for roughly 20 seconds but then it disconnects itself.

ive spent countless hours searching the internet on how to fix my problem but nothng.

tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and so on.

internet issues, May 20, 2016
  3. Windows update will not download some files

Try turning the Emisisoft Internet Security off and then turning the windows firewall on for sometime-to check if it is the root cause of the issue.

Windows Firewall generally turns itself off if any 3rd party suite is installed.

Sumit Dhiman2, May 20, 2016
  4. Mystere Win User

Internet security firewall issues

First, Defender is not a firewall. It's just an anti-virus and anti-malware tool.

Second, Windows has it's own firewall (and has since XP). This is not related to Defender in any way. Not sure why you feel the need to run a third party one...

Third, Firewalls are very intrusive apps, and they embed themselves deep in the OS. When the OS changes, this can break that integration, and the firewall tool has to be updated to support the changes. This doesn't always happen right away. You would have to wait for an upgrade from your vendor.

Mystere, May 20, 2016
  5. RolandJS Win User
    For what it's worth, I used Comodo Internet Security awhile, and when it worked, it really worked well!!
    However, let's just say, I'm now using Windows 7 built-in firewall.

RolandJS, May 20, 2016
  6. It seems, that free version of CIS has been last updated in April 2015, I guess they moved to Premium version only.
    If you want to use Comodo Firewall, download it and install standalone, that one has been updated in April 2016.

TairikuOkami, May 20, 2016
  7. RolandJS Win User
    Stay with Windows' built-in firewall. I got Comodo Firewalled alright, at a school, I was blocked [until I changed to Windows Firewall] from even getting to Mother Teresa's Missionaries of Charity web site; I did however get to BleepingComputer.com *Smile

RolandJS, May 21, 2016
  8. Internet security firewall issues

I still haven't been able to use a 3rd party av/ suite. I FINALLY updated my unused desktop to 10, and comodo works fine, as does another laptop I have. It must be something in the preview that disables the wifi. Nothing critical, it just irks me.
    Maybe the anniversary will correct the matter.

THempleman, Jul 27, 2016
  9. I hope Microsoft doesn't do any major changes that can break security software.

RubberDucky, Jul 27, 2016
  10. Couldn't open hyperlinks in the mail app with the Windows firewall disabled. That was enough reason for me to just stick with the Windows firewall.

cyberrufus, Jul 27, 2016
  11. Windows now says that comodo is missing digitally signed files, and it stops installation.

THempleman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Internet security firewall issues

1. Internet security firewall issues - Similar Threads - Internet security firewall

2. Internet security issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet security issues: I'm having strange issues with my internet connection. I cannot login on certain sites. I get different errors most of them saying I don't have permission. Or server error. I'm running windows 11 I have a Netgear R6700v3 router. this happens in all browsers...
  3. Internet security issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet security issues: I'm having strange issues with my internet connection. I cannot login on certain sites. I get different errors most of them saying I don't have permission. Or server error. I'm running windows 11 I have a Netgear R6700v3 router. this happens in all browsers...
  4. firewall issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    firewall issue: someone help. my firewall list is all different to how it used to be and the apps i want there aren’t there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-issue/693a369f-eed3-4e95-8548-413a910948ee
  5. No internet, secured issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No internet, secured issue: Hello, My surface book says no internet, secured when I attempt to connect to hotel wifi. About a week ago I was in the same hotel and the internet was working yet somehow it isn’t working. Does anyone know how to fix this? submitted by /u/nickm443 [link] [comments]...
  6. Firewalls and App Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewalls and App Security: I run a program for my CAD called CREO and it requires a license to run. Whenever thee is a windows update it won't start stating a license error. I disable the virus protection and turn the wi fi off and it normally starts again. Wondering if there is something I can do...
  7. Windows Security Firewall issue

Windows Security Firewall issue: I'm attempting to let Steam through my firewall (because It won't load, and assuming that is the issue, as I wasn't asked to let it through through a pop up) But, the settings are all greyed out, any fixes? [img] 150822
  8. firewall is blocking internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    firewall is blocking internet: how do ifix firewall blocking internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-is-blocking-internet/b1ac89ea-96dd-4476-b7d3-292a5793a415
  9. Is this a Security/Firewall issue?

Is this a Security/Firewall issue?: Never experienced this before and have no idea of what it means or how to proceed. This is the onscreen msg (browser is firefox): Error: Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1 port 9050: Connection refused 116745
  10. turn off windows firewall and kaspersky internet security

turn off windows firewall and kaspersky internet security: hi [img] how turn on? i click in view firewall option and click turn on kaspersky but it isnt work 43268