Windows 10: internet settings. Word and spelling suggestions.

Discus and support internet settings. Word and spelling suggestions. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I turn off word spelling suggestions on internet? and in chat rooms the first letter I type does not come up on the mess box misspelling the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by confused69jb, Sep 16, 2018.

1. internet settings. Word and spelling suggestions.

How do I turn off word spelling suggestions on internet? and in chat rooms the first letter I type does not come up on the mess box misspelling the word. Don't know if problem is related but only does it when the word suggestion box pups up. Very frustrating. thanks for any help..

:)

confused69jb, Sep 16, 2018

2. Spell checking on forums (like this one)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest that you try the steps below and check if it helps:

• On the search bar type 'Settings' then select the button
      'Change PC Setting’.
    • Select 'Typing' and then set
      'Highlight Misspelled Words'
      slider to the "On" position.
    • If you want setting to have automatically correct any misspelled words then you need to set
      'Autocorrect Misspelled Words' slider to the "On" position.
    Method 2: Also I suggest you to follow the below article
    “Spelling correction and checking in Internet Explorer (IE) and Microsoft Edge”
    and check if it helps.

Spelling correction and checking in Internet Explorer (IE) and Microsoft Edge

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 16, 2018
  3. lumia 620 spelling suggestions

My Lumia 620 has suddenly stopped suggesting words with apostrophes and most other regular spelling suggestions. Help! Is this anything to do with the latest update?

GayatriShrikhande, Sep 16, 2018
  4. internet settings. Word and spelling suggestions.

IE spelling suggestions appear a long way from the misspelt word

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the update. In order for us to help you with your concern about the Internet Explorer spelling suggestions, we would like to clarify some information:

• Can you send us a screenshot of the exact issue?
    • Have you tried using it on a different browser?

We look forward to your reply.

Marilou Ser, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

internet settings. Word and spelling suggestions.

1. internet settings. Word and spelling suggestions. - Similar Threads - internet settings Word

2. Spell-Check is Turned Off in Settings But Still Highlighting Words

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spell-Check is Turned Off in Settings But Still Highlighting Words: Spell-Check is turned off in Windows settings, but still highlighting words with a red squiggly underline in my Proton Mail desktop app which doesn't have an in-built spell-checker. This doesn't happen in any other apps, including Word, WordPad and NotePad....
  3. Spell-Check is Turned Off in Settings But Still Highlighting Words

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spell-Check is Turned Off in Settings But Still Highlighting Words: Spell-Check is turned off in Windows settings, but still highlighting words with a red squiggly underline in my Proton Mail desktop app which doesn't have an in-built spell-checker. This doesn't happen in any other apps, including Word, WordPad and NotePad....
  4. Windows 11 Spelling Correction Suggestions...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Spelling Correction Suggestions...: Hello,I have found on multiple occasions that Windows 11 suggestions for spelling corrections are very distant from the word I am spelling wrong. Today I spelled available wrong, i.e., availble, but the suggestions were....AvailablyAvailedViableNo mention of the usage...
  5. Windows 11 Spelling Correction Suggestions...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Spelling Correction Suggestions...: Hello,I have found on multiple occasions that Windows 11 suggestions for spelling corrections are very distant from the word I am spelling wrong. Today I spelled available wrong, i.e., availble, but the suggestions were....AvailablyAvailedViableNo mention of the usage...
  6. Spellcheck on Edge broke, doesn't offer wrongly spelled word suggestions on some sites...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spellcheck on Edge broke, doesn't offer wrongly spelled word suggestions on some sites...: I was writing an email today in Gmail and changed my spellcheck language for a minute, then I switched it back to English and it appears to have broken it. It doesn't offer wrongly spelled word suggestions on some sites like Google search while on others does not work anymore...
  7. Word 365 Spell Check inconsistent

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word 365 Spell Check inconsistent: I'm proofing a document that was scanned & OCR'd. When I click 'ignore all' on a name it appears to work properly-but after a dozen pages or so I notice that the name is again marked as misspelled. The earlier occurrences are still ignored-and to all appearances the name is...
  8. Word Pad Spell Check

in Windows 10 Support
    Word Pad Spell Check: Why is there no spell check on Word Pad? It should be the most important feature on any document app??? 161836
  9. Spelling & Typing settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spelling & Typing settings: When I type an email, the computer is not auto correcting misspelled words. It does suggest words or phrases but they don't appear when I hit enter. I checked the settings and they look correct....
  10. three word suggestions

in Windows 10 Customization
    three word suggestions: How do I remove the three word suggestions that pop up on every word as I type? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/three-word-suggestions/aef897c1-985c-4365-b335-f336b3ac33cb