Windows 10: Internet Sharing issues

Discus and support Internet Sharing issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I share my internet to my ps4 through ethernet and my computer is connected to internet wirelessly, recently my computer has started not connecting to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hauntology, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Internet Sharing issues

I share my internet to my ps4 through ethernet and my computer is connected to internet wirelessly, recently my computer has started not connecting to the internet, I can’t load webpages and my spotify won’t let me play anything but my ps4 still connects to the internet through the ethernet sharing perfectly fine, when I unlink the sharing my computer will go back to normal but it would be a pain to continuously link and unlink when I want to do something

:)

hauntology, Jun 23, 2022
  2. SUB
    SuB Win User

Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

3. Unable to share internet connection"Internet Connection Sharing is currently enabled for connection 'tunnel_32769'

Hello Graham,

We regret the inconvenience and we also appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• What is the make and model of the laptop you are using?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue? Is it an abrupt issue?

• Did you verify if the Internet connection Services is running?

• Are you normally connect to internet even when the network sharing fails?

• Do have any System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?

We also need which of the following cases of network sharing applies to your case:

1. One laptop using its Ethernet connection for Internet access and its WiFi adapter to broadcast.

2. One laptop that is connected to the Internet through a mobile USB modem and broadcasts the wireless network through its WiFi adapter.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check if the following steps help to resolve the issue.

Step-1. Disable wi-fi adapter.

Step-2. Enable it again.

Step-3. Create wi-fi hot spot again.

Step-4. Now share network connection from where internet is connected to wi-fi hotspot adapter.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to Internet connection Sharing in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 23, 2022
  4. Internet Sharing issues

Internet issues with Windows 10

Hello Bryan,

We are sorry to know that you are facing this issue. We'll certainly assist you with this.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Set Internet Explorer as default browser

I suggest you to set Internet Explorer as default web browser and restart the computer and see if it helps.

Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.

Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions

Hope this helps, get back to us if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

Internet Sharing issues

1. Internet Sharing issues - Similar Threads - Internet Sharing issues

2. Internet Sharing issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Sharing issues: I share my internet to my ps4 through ethernet and my computer is connected to internet wirelessly, recently my computer has started not connecting to the internet, I can’t load webpages and my spotify won’t let me play anything but my ps4 still connects to the internet...
  3. Internet Sharing issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Sharing issues: I share my internet to my ps4 through ethernet and my computer is connected to internet wirelessly, recently my computer has started not connecting to the internet, I can’t load webpages and my spotify won’t let me play anything but my ps4 still connects to the internet...
  4. Internet Sharing Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Sharing Issues: I am having an issue with sharing an internet connection every time i set it up it gives me the IP address 169.254 apipa address how do I fix this or what Linux based OS can I goto to avoid this I have tried this on many different computers and they keep giving me the same...
  5. Internet Sharing Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Sharing Issues: I am having an issue with sharing an internet connection every time i set it up it gives me the IP address 169.254 apipa address how do I fix this or what Linux based OS can I goto to avoid this I have tried this on many different computers and they keep giving me the same...
  6. Internet Sharing Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Issues with sharing internet via Network Bridge

Issues with sharing internet via Network Bridge: Hi all, My requirement: Share WiFi internet on my laptop to my desktop via Ethernet cable both Windows 10. Current method: Network Bridge in Win 10. Problem: I can get internet access on desktop via above method but after a random time period, the WiFi adapter on...
  8. Another internet connection sharing (ICS) issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Another internet connection sharing (ICS) issue: So I've got two PCs running Windows 1903, one laptop, one desktop. I cannot run an ethernet cable to my router, but I can run one from my laptop to my desktop. I enabled ICS and BOOM, it was awesome at first. Now it's shockingly sluggish and I'm lucky if I get any data...
  9. Share internet

Share internet: I would like to share the internet to another computer but I can't do it. Is there anything else I should do? if so please guide me please thank you in advance for your help Moved from the Community (Es)...
  10. Windows 10 Internet Connection Sharing Issue

Windows 10 Internet Connection Sharing Issue: So earlier today I installed a new SSD into my PC. All has been well until now. I use the Internet Connection Sharing option to connect other devices to the internet through my PC by the ethernet port. After installing this new drive, it seems that the connection sharing...