Windows 10: Internet sharing stopped working on Windows 10

Discus and support Internet sharing stopped working on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have been using the internet sharing feature for a while, as worked for a long time. I usually plug an Ethernet cable into my laptop (The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jedi_TJ, May 1, 2019.

1. Jedi_TJ Win User

Internet sharing stopped working on Windows 10

Hello,

I have been using the internet sharing feature for a while, as worked for a long time. I usually plug an Ethernet cable into my laptop (The host that is connected to the internet) to my desktop and PS4.

But for some reason it has stopped.

New things have happened to my laptop and internet gear that might be doing this so I will tell you everything I know.

My internet provider is Xfinity wifi (not on a plan, just getting it for a week or a month at a time) and I have a kinda new wifi usb card for my laptop (Internet sharing worked with this new card from what I can remember). But one night the wifi cut out, and I thought it was on my end because my computer is slow and a few years old (but it wasn't, and we didn't know that until after we tried stuff). So I called over a friend that tried some things to see if he could make it work... But he forgets what he did, but he does remember resetting the network card, then I reset it again because when I tried to do internet sharing it didn't work, and after trying a few things I just reset it to see if that would work.

If anyone can provide any help that would be amazing! Thanks!

P.S. my computer is an HP 15 notebook, intel pentium (R) CPU, 4gb ram, 64bit.

Thanks again!

:)

Jedi_TJ, May 1, 2019
  2. SUB
    SuB Win User

Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

3. Internet Explorer has stopped working

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing Internet Explorer on your device as it crashes.

Do let us know:

• If you have made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in causing this issue?
    • If you were able to see any error code/ error message when Internet Explorer crashes?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to perform some of the troubleshooting steps from the link below link, Turn off add-ons, Reset Internet Explorer Settings, Open the page in Compatibility View etc. and check if it helps:

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings
    feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you
    use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons..

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 1, 2019
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

internet sharing not working on PC after windows 10 upgrade

Hi fredrick,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might occur due to some corruption in the drivers or the required service is not running.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to check if Internet Connection Sharing services is started and
    startup type set to automatic.

To check Internet Connection Sharing services is started please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • A new window will pop up.
    • Find Internet Connection Sharing.
    • Right click and go to properties.
    • Change Startup type to automatic.
    • Under Service status click start if it shows
      Stopped.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to try method 2.

Method 2:

I suggest you to re-install the network card drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Please refer the link below to download the drivers:

HP 15-d020nr TouchSmart Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) - Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, May 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Internet sharing stopped working on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Internet sharing stopped

2. Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet: Summary:We are experiencing intermittent issues with ICS Internet Connection Sharing and have a hard time figuring out the root cause. The setup is as follows: 1. The PC Host is connected to a RNDIS device Device via USB cable2. The RNDIS Device, when connected creates a...
  3. Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet: Summary:We are experiencing intermittent issues with ICS Internet Connection Sharing and have a hard time figuring out the root cause. The setup is as follows: 1. The PC Host is connected to a RNDIS device Device via USB cable2. The RNDIS Device, when connected creates a...
  4. Internet Connection Sharing, ICS, stops sharing the connection to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 Internet randomly stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Internet randomly stops working: I've been searching the internet for days about this problem and no one seems to have an answer to it, so here's my shot in the dark:Randomly, and I mean randomly as in nothing prompts this to happen, it just happens at, well, random times, my internet connection will simply...
  6. Windows 10 Internet randomly stops working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Internet randomly stops working: I've been searching the internet for days about this problem and no one seems to have an answer to it, so here's my shot in the dark:Randomly, and I mean randomly as in nothing prompts this to happen, it just happens at, well, random times, my internet connection will simply...
  7. Windows 10 Internet randomly stops working

8. Sharing internet just stopped working.

Sharing internet just stopped working.: So i updated to the newest version of iTunes and it just stopped responding. I just can't get my iPhone 11 to share internet with my pc tried everything, I have tye newest IOS on both iTunes and on my phone....
  9. Internet Connection Sharing not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Internet Connection Sharing not working on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) is not working or has stopped working after a Windows 10 computer reboot or Service restart, then this post will […] This article Internet Connection Sharing not working on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  10. Internet Sharing Windows 10

Internet Sharing Windows 10: I had windows 7 and I connect to internet through 3g USB Modem. when on windows 7 I used to share this connection from my laptop via wifi access created manually from command prompt. after upgrading to windows 10 I tried the same. It seems everything is right from the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internet sharing quit working on Windows phone