Windows 10: Internet sharing via ethernet Win10

Discus and support Internet sharing via ethernet Win10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a need to be able to share a wifi internet connection via ethernet. I want to be able to connect wirelessly to a wifi captive portal with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by H. JimWiley, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Internet sharing via ethernet Win10

I have a need to be able to share a wifi internet connection via ethernet. I want to be able to connect wirelessly to a wifi captive portal with my computer, then connect a router to the computer and share the wifi internet source through the router. The reason is that the wifi network with the captive portal restricts the number of devices that can be connected. My router is a Mofi4500 which can on it's own connect wirelessly and then rebroadcast a secondary ssid to which I can connect multiple units, but it cannot do this if the source wifi is protected by a captive portal. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

H. JimWiley, Apr 14, 2019
  2. SUB
    SuB Win User

Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

3. Unable to share internet connection"Internet Connection Sharing is currently enabled for connection 'tunnel_32769'

Hello Graham,

We regret the inconvenience and we also appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• What is the make and model of the laptop you are using?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue? Is it an abrupt issue?

• Did you verify if the Internet connection Services is running?

• Are you normally connect to internet even when the network sharing fails?

• Do have any System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?

We also need which of the following cases of network sharing applies to your case:

1. One laptop using its Ethernet connection for Internet access and its WiFi adapter to broadcast.

2. One laptop that is connected to the Internet through a mobile USB modem and broadcasts the wireless network through its WiFi adapter.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check if the following steps help to resolve the issue.

Step-1. Disable wi-fi adapter.

Step-2. Enable it again.

Step-3. Create wi-fi hot spot again.

Step-4. Now share network connection from where internet is connected to wi-fi hotspot adapter.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to Internet connection Sharing in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 14, 2019
  4. Internet sharing via ethernet Win10

Share internet connection over ethernet card

Hello

I have two Windows 10 (updated) PCs.

One of them (PC 0) is connected to the internet and has straight public IP address set to its ethernet card (NIC 0). This PC 0 has another ethernet card (NIC 1) and NIC 1 is connected to another win10 PC (PC 1). How can I share the internet connection? I
    cannot use bridge because PC 1 then gets (from the same subnet range) a similar public IP address and is connected to the internet, but PC 0 looses its connection. It is possible that ISP limits IP addresses leased to 1. If I enable sharing either in "Control
    Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections" for NIC 1, or by typing "net start sharedaccess" in command-line, NIC 0 gets its public IP address replaced with a private IP address and internet connection disappears.

Note that these are fresh Win10 PCs. Homegroup is removed so the option that worked before to connect does not work anymore.

Guidance on how to share internet connection to another up to date Windows 10 via ethernet is much appreciated.

Mageo Famber, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

Internet sharing via ethernet Win10

1. Internet sharing via ethernet Win10 - Similar Threads - Internet sharing via

2. Unidentified network, No internet via Ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unidentified network, No internet via Ethernet: Hi, I recently turned on my pc after coming back from university and found there was no internet when there had been even that morning. I have tried diagnosing the issue and get the error "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration". To fix this I've tried resetting and...
  3. Unidentified network, No internet via Ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unidentified network, No internet via Ethernet: Hi, I recently turned on my pc after coming back from university and found there was no internet when there had been even that morning. I have tried diagnosing the issue and get the error "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration". To fix this I've tried resetting and...
  4. Unidentified network, No internet via Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet: I have three windows PCs that I just bought, all the same model. When I plug two of the PCs into ethernet, they connect to 'network 2' and get internet but when I connect the third PC to the same ethernet port, it tries to connect to network 3 and doesn't get internet....
  6. No internet via ethernet

No internet via ethernet: Hello I'm having some trouble with my connection over ethernet. Wireless works fine and the same ethernet cable works on my laptop. The problem is my ethernet on my PC. Firstly I used the windows troubleshooter and got the error "No valid IP". I checked my ip using ipconfig...
  7. Sharing internet to desktop from laptop via ethernet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sharing internet to desktop from laptop via ethernet: I have a desktop far away from my router, no wifi adapter. My laptop has wifi connection. Windows used to have an option to share internet from a laptop's wifi to desktop via ethernet. You go to network and sharing center, click your connection, and a window "Wi-Fi Status"...
  8. Help with Network Sharing via Ethernet

Help with Network Sharing via Ethernet: Hi, I'm having problems with trying to share my Wi-Fi connection to another device via Ethernet. When I plug the cord in it says, "Unidentifiable network" and "no access type" If I run the troubleshooter, it says, "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer"...
  9. No internet connection via wifi or ethernet

No internet connection via wifi or ethernet: Please help. My laptop is for some unknown reason not connecting to the internet via wifi or ethernet. It will also not diagnose the problem as it says The Diagnostics Policy Service is not running and it cannot fix it. Please can someone advise - I'm not super techy. but I...
  10. Internet connection via ethernet problems

Internet connection via ethernet problems: I hope I'm putting this in the right place. We have two desktop pcs both running W10. Husbands PC was off for a while then wouldn't connect to the internet. Now mine has had to be switched off for a couple of months and we're having the same problem with this one too. Neither...