Windows 10: Internet shortcut icon won't delete

Discus and support Internet shortcut icon won't delete in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have two internet shortcut icons that somehow got corrupted and I can't delete them from my desktop. Any ideas?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nebraskaalum, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Internet shortcut icon won't delete

I have two internet shortcut icons that somehow got corrupted and I can't delete them from my desktop.

Any ideas?

:)

Nebraskaalum, Nov 30, 2019

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 30, 2019
  3. "Internet ADSL" shortcut keeps reappearing

I have a very odd problem, I've just re-installed Vista x64 and the shortcut to connect me to my ADSL internet always recreates itself on bootup. I'm sure there must be a registry tweak or something to stop it doing it.

Here's what I've tried:

• Reinstalling ADSL modem drivers
    • Deleting shortcut every time
    • Deleting connection and recreating connection

Also it doesn't remember any of my settings associated with this connection. I have unchecked "Prompt me for name, and password..." and changed redialling options lots of times but when I restart the PC the shortcut has recreated itself and my preferences have been reset to default! *Confused Internet shortcut icon won't delete :confused:

Any ideas?

oli_ramsay, Nov 30, 2019
  4. Internet shortcut icon won't delete

Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

Internet shortcut icon won't delete

1. Internet shortcut icon won't delete - Similar Threads - Internet shortcut icon

2. internet shortcuts on desktop won't delete when told to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internet shortcuts on desktop won't delete when told to: I have two internet shortcuts that I can't remove. I have tried deleting, moving to recycle bin, moving a to new folder, and even trying safe mode to remove. Help the file names are very long and seem to resemble many browser links....
  3. internet shortcuts on desktop won't delete when told to

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    internet shortcuts on desktop won't delete when told to: I have two internet shortcuts that I can't remove. I have tried deleting, moving to recycle bin, moving a to new folder, and even trying safe mode to remove. Help the file names are very long and seem to resemble many browser links....
  4. How to delete "internet shortcut" file type with internet explorer icon in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete "internet shortcut" file type with internet explorer icon in windows 11: I tried to delete it but there's an error message that comes up with error code 0x80004002. Somebody answered this already but the answer doesnt work for windows 11, please help...
  5. How to delete "internet shortcut" file type with internet explorer icon in windows 11

How to delete "internet shortcut" file type with internet explorer icon in windows 11: I tried to delete it but there's an error message that comes up with error code 0x80004002. Somebody answered this already but the answer doesnt work for windows 11, please help...
  6. Shortcut icon won't delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut icon won't delete: I tried to delete the Microsoft Edge shortcut from my desktop, but the icon didn't go away. If I try and delete it, it says "Could not find this item." Is there a way to fix this or how do I restore the shortcut so that I can try again?...
  7. Shortcut icon won't delete

Shortcut icon won't delete: I tried to delete the Microsoft Edge shortcut from my desktop, but the icon didn't go away. If I try and delete it, it says "Could not find this item." Is there a way to fix this or how do I restore the shortcut so that I can try again?...
  8. Shortcut icon images deleted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut icon images deleted: Hi. Hope everyone is well and safe as we make our way through yet another covid wave.I just got a new PC running windows10 home. I set up my desktop to mirror that on my older machine also windows10. I set up some short cuts to various sites, for example Amazon. I found some...
  9. Deleting an internet shortcut file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting an internet shortcut file: I have tried deleting an internet shortcut from my documents folder multiple times, but it keeps coming back. There is no error message, and to delete i tried selecting it and using the delete button in the header, and right-clicking to select delete from the drop down menu....
  10. Desktop Shortcuts won't delete

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Shortcuts won't delete: I have some desktop shortcuts that won't delete when I right-click on them and select delete. I get the following error message: [ATTACH] I have tried to find these files using the command prompt and they don't show up when I use dir. I suspect the issue is because I have...