Windows 10: Internet shortcut WRONGLY links to print command.

Discus and support Internet shortcut WRONGLY links to print command. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; In 32bit Win10 Pro v1909, when I drag the lock icon from a browser (Firefox & Chrome) search bar to the desktop, the shortcut created links NOT to the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Sebastian42, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Internet shortcut WRONGLY links to print command.

In 32bit Win10 Pro v1909, when I drag the lock icon from a browser (Firefox & Chrome) search bar to the desktop, the shortcut created links NOT to the webpage, but to the PRINT command. My concern is NOT with 'How to create an effective Internet Shortcut' because I already know how to do that, but how to fix the obvious error involved in the creation of the inappropriate link. The print command has inappropriately opened on 'other occasions' too. The Properties of the faulty link have less tabs than a functional one and lack the SHORTCUT tab in which the TARGET could be inspected and corrected if need be. There are Google Search results reporting this happening all throughout this century, but none of the suggested remedies have worked for me. I wonder if YOU can do better.

:)

Sebastian42, Nov 30, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

I didn't see on your list using Win-X to bring up the basic setup of system tools like the original control panel, easy access to device manager, etc. not technically a list of commands, but at least a shortcut *Smile Internet shortcut WRONGLY links to print command. :)

Ahhzz, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Internet shortcut WRONGLY links to print command. :)

4. Internet shortcut WRONGLY links to print command.

windows 10 will not print on the internet

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us with the status of the issue.

• Does the issue occur while printing from a particular browser or with different browser as well?
    • Have you tried using Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows Updates?

For now I suggest you to try the steps given in the below link and check if it helps:

Fix printer problems

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

Internet shortcut WRONGLY links to print command.

1. Internet shortcut WRONGLY links to print command. - Similar Threads - Internet shortcut WRONGLY

2. Print Shortcuts Locked

in Windows 10 Customization
    Print Shortcuts Locked: So I go to print the hanging file tab which information clearly shows on the page. Then when I send it to print the print page shows nothing. All my printing shortcuts show they are locked. What did I do to cause this? Always worked in the past. New 'glitch'....
  3. Printing from internet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printing from internet: When printing recipe's from sites on the internet, Windows prints an approximate 2" x 2" blank space in the bottom left corner of the first page, blocking large portions of the desired information. How can that be avoided? Thank You!...
  4. Print command in contect menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print command in contect menu: For some reason I have lost the ability to print when I right click the context menu. The print command is listed but nothing happens when I select it. This happens in a number of programs (I have not yet found one that works). It used to work and I use it frequently to print...
  5. Security warning when opening internet link shortcuts.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security warning when opening internet link shortcuts.: I installed a browser extension that allows me to save the url of the page I am viewing as a shortcut file on my computer in two clicks. It's very handy - or so I thought. Whenever I double-click the resulting shortcut on my computer, I get the following warning: [img]...
  6. Desktop shortcuts go to wrong url.

in Browsers and Email
    Desktop shortcuts go to wrong url.: Hello, Opera is my default browser. Recently my desktop shortcuts will not open. If I double click on BBC Home News for example I am taken to file:///C:/Users/Romeo/Desktop/BBC%20News%20-%20Home.URL. ( Not Home - BBC News. I just get a white page with a typewritten message...
  7. Need to make a command prompt shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to make a command prompt shortcut: Hi, I'm really struggling with command prompt right now, it doesn't make any sense, and I have found ZERO info through repeated Google searches. I'm on Windows 10 and for some reason my Photoshop CS6 refuses to open and throws the stupid "This app has been blocked for...
  8. Print command asks "save"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print command asks "save": This morning I clicked "print" in Word, Notepad or elseware the print window opens, I click print and instead of print it ,"Save Print Output As" opens with "Save as Type: Open XPS Document (*.oxps)" option only, & an error "Could not start print job" appears. With my...
  9. Windows 10 Command Prompt Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Command Prompt Shortcuts: I execute the following shortcut from the command prompt in Windows 10: explorer.exe shell:appsFolder\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App and it works fine. The new Windows Photos app main page shows up, ready to be used. I want to pass a file name as an...
  10. Tray Icon link for shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Tray Icon link for shortcut: Hi, everyone This little one want to ask some weird questions. Just as the thread say, yes i know it's weird to have this question, but i really need it so for anyone who know what the link of all of this tray icon list -battery -wifi -sound -date...