Windows 10: Internet shortcut WRONGLY links to print command.

Discus and support Internet shortcut WRONGLY links to print command. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; In 32bit Win10 Pro v1909, when I drag the lock icon from a browser (Firefox & Chrome) search bar to the desktop, the shortcut created links NOT to the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Sebastian42, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Internet shortcut WRONGLY links to print command.

In 32bit Win10 Pro v1909, when I drag the lock icon from a browser (Firefox & Chrome) search bar to the desktop, the shortcut created links NOT to the webpage, but to the PRINT command. My concern is NOT with 'How to create an effective Internet Shortcut' because I already know how to do that, but how to fix the obvious error involved in the creation of the inappropriate link. The print command has inappropriately opened on 'other occasions' too. The Properties of the faulty link have less tabs than a functional one and lack the SHORTCUT tab in which the TARGET could be inspected and corrected if need be. There are Google Search results reporting this happening all throughout this century, but none of the suggested remedies have worked for me. I wonder if YOU can do better.

:)

Sebastian42, Nov 30, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

I didn't see on your list using Win-X to bring up the basic setup of system tools like the original control panel, easy access to device manager, etc. not technically a list of commands, but at least a shortcut *Smile Internet shortcut WRONGLY links to print command. :)

Ahhzz, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Internet shortcut WRONGLY links to print command. :)

4. Internet shortcut WRONGLY links to print command.

windows 10 will not print on the internet

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us with the status of the issue.

• Does the issue occur while printing from a particular browser or with different browser as well?
    • Have you tried using Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows Updates?

For now I suggest you to try the steps given in the below link and check if it helps:

Fix printer problems

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

Internet shortcut WRONGLY links to print command.

1. Internet shortcut WRONGLY links to print command. - Similar Threads - Internet shortcut WRONGLY

2. Excel shortcut commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel shortcut commands: I have a shortcut to start a new Excel file from a template. How can I make the shortcut start a new file in a specific location and saved it with a new name with the format FILENAME TODAY'SDATE. xls?...
  3. Excel shortcut commands

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel shortcut commands: I have a shortcut to start a new Excel file from a template. How can I make the shortcut start a new file in a specific location and saved it with a new name with the format FILENAME TODAY'SDATE. xls?...
  4. Command Prompt Shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt Shortcut: Why don't we have a direct shortcut to open the command prompt cmd in windows ?The closest way i find opening cmd is using Win + R to open the run window and then typing "cmd" to open the cmd window, or by pressing Win Key then searching for cmd and opening an admin cmd...
  5. Command Prompt Shortcut

Command Prompt Shortcut: Why don't we have a direct shortcut to open the command prompt cmd in windows ?The closest way i find opening cmd is using Win + R to open the run window and then typing "cmd" to open the cmd window, or by pressing Win Key then searching for cmd and opening an admin cmd...
  6. Command Prompt Shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Print Screen Shortcut

Print Screen Shortcut: For some reason Alt+PrtScr is not saving the selected screen image at all. Not even to my screenshots folder. How can I use that command and save a jpeg of the selected screen to my screenshots folder as a jpeg without any extra border around it?...
  8. How to decouple the Print dialog box from Internet Shortcut.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to decouple the Print dialog box from Internet Shortcut.: If I create an Internet Shortcut in x32Win10ProV20H2 by dragging the lock in the browser's address bar to the desktop, then when I double-click on it, it opens a Print dialog box instead of the website in the browser. There is obviously something wrong....
  9. Unable To Create Shortcut (internet link) in Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable To Create Shortcut (internet link) in Explorer: I've been having issues creating internet URL shortcuts in folders in Windows Explorer lately. This is in an office domain environment, and the folders are stored on a Windows Server 2012 R2 box. My workstation is Win10 1909 Build 18363.592. I routinely create links in...
  10. Security warning when opening internet link shortcuts.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security warning when opening internet link shortcuts.: I installed a browser extension that allows me to save the url of the page I am viewing as a shortcut file on my computer in two clicks. It's very handy - or so I thought. Whenever I double-click the resulting shortcut on my computer, I get the following warning: [img]...