Windows 10: Internet shortcuts have changed

Discus and support Internet shortcuts have changed in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi everyone, since I reinstalled/updated my Windows 10, the appearance of my internet shortcuts have changed. [img] The left icon is what they... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by simpleUser, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Internet shortcuts have changed

Hi everyone,

since I reinstalled/updated my Windows 10, the appearance of my internet shortcuts have changed.

Internet shortcuts have changed [​IMG]

The left icon is what they used to look like, the right one is a newly created one. The one in the middle was created before the reinstallation.

How can I get the old appearance back for all my internet shortcuts?

The right one is actually a PDF, they are to be opened by firefoy by default. I made sure that firefoy is my default browser. All three of the files from above work fine and open in firefox.

I also made sure, that all the file types are associated with firefox.

But I can't seem to get .URLs associated. They belong to "Internet Browser" and I cant choose any other software, even though I have installed Windows Edge and Windows Explorer alongside Firefox.

When I realized the issue, I reinstalled Windows immediately. Nothing changed.
    I tried switching to other web browsers and back. Didn't work either. Similar results for the Internet Explorer.

I am looking forward to every hint or idea you can give me.
    Thanks a lot.

[Windows Version 1803]

:)

simpleUser, Oct 26, 2019

2. "Internet ADSL" shortcut keeps reappearing

I have a very odd problem, I've just re-installed Vista x64 and the shortcut to connect me to my ADSL internet always recreates itself on bootup. I'm sure there must be a registry tweak or something to stop it doing it.

Here's what I've tried:

• Reinstalling ADSL modem drivers
    • Deleting shortcut every time
    • Deleting connection and recreating connection

Also it doesn't remember any of my settings associated with this connection. I have unchecked "Prompt me for name, and password..." and changed redialling options lots of times but when I restart the PC the shortcut has recreated itself and my preferences have been reset to default! *Confused Internet shortcuts have changed :confused:

Any ideas?

oli_ramsay, Oct 26, 2019
  3. terrace Win User
    Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Internet shortcuts have changed :)

terrace, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Internet shortcuts have changed

How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Internet shortcuts have changed

1. Internet shortcuts have changed - Similar Threads - Internet shortcuts changed

2. Shortcut changes

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut changes: If you click on "System" in "Control Panel" it opens "Settings > System". If you click "Administrative Tools" in "Control Panel" and scroll down and click on "System" it opens the old view (see below). The strange part is that if you create a shortcut from "System" under...
  3. Renew Internet Shortcut

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Renew Internet Shortcut: Hi guys, I just recently installed Java from Minecraft. Then suddenly an app appeared in my desktop name Renew. When I open it it's like managing downloads and stuff. Is this safe to delete? I also try to open file location but it wont show and properties said its an internet...
  4. Internet shortcuts have changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Internet shortcuts have changed: Hi everyone, since I reinstalled/updated my Windows 10, the appearance of my internet shortcuts have changed. [img] The left icon is what they used to look like, the right one is a newly created one. The one in the middle was created before the reinstallation. How can...
  5. Is there a way to change all internet shortcut icons at once?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to change all internet shortcut icons at once?: Instead of going to each one and changing it that way. I need a faster method. 139627
  6. Changing the default icon for an internet shortcut is not universal

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing the default icon for an internet shortcut is not universal: I have used the usual route to changing a default icon in "Properties" for internet shortcut(s). However, changing one file icon strangely does not change all the rest. Is this a bug? Is there a workround? 15825
  7. The Target of this Internet Shortcut is not valid!

in Browsers and Email
    The Target of this Internet Shortcut is not valid!: Hi, Just turned computer on, and upon starting found "File Explorer" icon in Taskbar to be "flashing" together with the error message..... The Target of this Internet Shortcut is not valid! I am using Mozilla Firefox as opposed to Internet Explorer, (IE being turned off)....
  8. How to change Chrome internet shortcut icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change Chrome internet shortcut icons: Hi guys, I will try to explain in as much detail about exactly what I am trying to do with minimum confusion. I have 3 chrome internet shortcut icons on my desktop which lead to Netflix, Hulu and Youtube. I would like to change these 3 shortcuts (from the chrome icon)...
  9. How to have Internet shortcuts on desktop?

in Browsers and Email
    How to have Internet shortcuts on desktop?: Well, the question is how can I have Internet shortcuts on the desktop? Is there an easy or a hard way, I don't care! *Dinesh I'd just like to have it on desktop or a start menu, just click it and 'boom' I'm on youtube, or Wp (Wirtualna Polska - Virtual Poland). I...
  10. Change Shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Shortcut: Hello Is it possible when clicked Windows key + E it would open 'This pc' instead of File explorer? It is really annoying every time to click on 'This PC' to access your C drive. 22879