Windows 10: Internet shuts off whenever I start up a game

Discus and support Internet shuts off whenever I start up a game in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I just upgraded to Win10 from win7 a few days ago and I have noticed whenever I start up a game the internet disconnects and I can NOT reconnect.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Holyeros, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Holyeros Win User

Internet shuts off whenever I start up a game

So I just upgraded to Win10 from win7 a few days ago and I have noticed whenever I start up a game the internet disconnects and I can NOT reconnect. This happens with Borderlands 3 on the Epic games store and the Outerworlds on the Xbox cliet for PC. When this happens my internet itself is fine. My phone connects and uses the internet even when this happens. Resetting my internet does nothing. My pc will still refuse to connect but my phone will.

And yes, I went into the power settings of the ethernet and checked off "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"

And this has done nothing.

Sometimes I can connect but I will always d/c later on.

The only thing that fixes this is to reset my PC and it will connect and browse the internet just fine...until I tty to play a game.

What is going on? How do I fix this?!

:)

Holyeros, Nov 24, 2019

2. i just downloaded a game and it will open and shut automatically

Hi john,

For a better clarity on the issue, please answer the below questions;

• Please specify the game you are having issue with?
    • Are you getting any error messages while opening the game?
    • Also, did you download the game from windows Store?
    For workaround, I would suggest you to follow the below steps and see if the issue can be resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search next to start on the desktop.
    • Click on View All on left side and select Windows Store Apps.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Nov 24, 2019
  3. windows 10 microsoft games

if uninstall the game then reinstall the game will I lose all my awards?

rusty wheelchar, Nov 24, 2019
  4. Internet shuts off whenever I start up a game

Shut Down and Internet

Hi,

We'd like to know about your concern in order for us to provide the appropriate solution. Please answer the following:

• Have you made any recent changes or installed updates before you encountered these issues?
    • What internet tab are you referring to? Please provide a screenshot.
    • Just to clarify, are you experiencing slow internet connection or slow PC performance?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Which Windows 10 version and build are you using?
    • Are you also getting an error message when shutting down your PC? Please provide a screenshot of the issue.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    We look forward to your response.

Jennifer Cha, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

Internet shuts off whenever I start up a game

1. Internet shuts off whenever I start up a game - Similar Threads - Internet shuts off

2. Wifi Is turning off whenever I boot up a Game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Is turning off whenever I boot up a Game.: Recently my ASUS TUF Laptop has been turning the internet off whenever I play video games. As soon as I boot it up, I disconnect and the internet option is unavailable. It is completely normal when doing other tasks like using Google chrome or watching Movie's/videos, and...
  3. Wifi Is turning off whenever I boot up a Game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Is turning off whenever I boot up a Game.: Recently my ASUS TUF Laptop has been turning the internet off whenever I play video games. As soon as I boot it up, I disconnect and the internet option is unavailable. It is completely normal when doing other tasks like using Google chrome or watching Movie's/videos, and...
  4. PC Monitor Shuts off when starting up games.

PC Monitor Shuts off when starting up games.: I’ve had my PC for over a year now and it’s been working great. But the other day I started up one of the only games I play and after around 5 minutes my screen and sound shut off. When I say the screen shut off it went black but I could tell it was still on. It was like a...
  5. PC Monitor Shuts off when starting up games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Monitor Shuts off when starting up games.: I’ve had my PC for over a year now and it’s been working great. But the other day I started up one of the only games I play and after around 5 minutes my screen and sound shut off. When I say the screen shut off it went black but I could tell it was still on. It was like a...
  6. Internet disconnects whenever I turn off game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet disconnects whenever I turn off game: I have had this issue for a while. I had even factory reset my laptop just last week and wiped it clean and it still continues to disconnect from the internet. I happened to notice that when I start to play a game the internet will stay on, but when I exit out the game...
  7. Internet disconnects whenever I turn off game

Internet disconnects whenever I turn off game: I have had this issue for a while. I had even factory reset my laptop just last week and wiped it clean and it still continues to disconnect from the internet. I happened to notice that when I start to play a game the internet will stay on, but when I exit out the game...
  8. Internet disconnects whenever I open a game

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet disconnects whenever I open a game: I've had this problem for over a MONTH. Whenever I open any game my internet disconnects completely and the only way to get my internet back is to restart my laptop, sometimes I have to restart twice to see an available wi-fi. I've tried nearly every possible solution to this...
  9. Internet keeps "shutting off" whenever I start almost any type of game.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet keeps "shutting off" whenever I start almost any type of game.: Hello, Ever since I've built my new PC I have been getting connectivity issues with it, at first I thought it was my ISP and second I thought it was my network adapter but it turns out it's none of those things from what I could gather but instead, it's my system? So, my...
  10. Internet Security Program Off at Start-Up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Internet Security Program Off at Start-Up: This is an upgrade install of Win 10 Pro x64. When I start the system and after the desktop appears for a few minutes, I get an indication from the lower right portion of the screen that my anti-virus is off and I need to tap to turn it on. Why is that? Is this the...