Windows 10: Internet SIGNIFICANTLY slower on my computer

Discus and support Internet SIGNIFICANTLY slower on my computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 computers in my house. Both are connnecter to ethernet cables. One gets 650-700 mbps and the other 80-90 mbps. I tryed Safe Boot but same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobertVasiloiu, May 22, 2020.

1. Internet SIGNIFICANTLY slower on my computer

I have 2 computers in my house. Both are connnecter to ethernet cables. One gets 650-700 mbps and the other 80-90 mbps.
    I tryed Safe Boot but same speed. Updated my drivers and many other fixes i could find.
    It is the second time this happens. The first time i solved it by reinstalling windows but now i have important stuff on it.
    It is no malware in the PC and no app that limits the bandwidth.

:)

RobertVasiloiu, May 22, 2020

2. Windows Update Made Computer Significantly Slower

So I recently allowed my computer to perform some overdue updates. All the drivers and software are up to date according to Windows 10.

Upon completion my computer was significantly slower. It was lightning quick before the updates. I have 8gb ram, i7 processor, a SSD. I'm talking it takes 15-20 seconds for the File Explorer to open in Airplane Mode. I feel like I've tried everything but
    throwing the thing out the window to try and resolve this problem, the machine is basically useless as of right now.

What I've done:

Checked all backkground processes, stopped any that were not necessary

Disabled fast startup; disabled all startup processes that are not critical

Cleaned my SSD out from all the stuff I don't use (at about 20% of its capacity right now)

Used the disc optimization tool

Adjusted power settings for best performance

Reset windows.

Any advise is useful. None of the above in any sequence helped.

Eric MacInnis, May 22, 2020
  3. Progressively Slower Internet

For months I have been trying to understand why my internet connection becomes progressively slower as I use my Dell XPS8700 PC. I seem to have read every "solution" on the internet, and tried most of them, but nothing makes any long-term difference. My
    one solid clue is that a restart "cures" the problem (ie normal internet speeds return) but then the same progressive slowing starts all over again. A normal shut down and startup of the PC does not "cure" the problem in the same (temporary) way.

Any suggestions would be more than welcome!

Traveller43516, May 22, 2020
  4. Internet SIGNIFICANTLY slower on my computer

Software via the Internet: Microsoft in ‘Cloud’ Computing

well ... how i see it its one step closer to having a computer with no software on it. when you boot it up, it loads ur OS from the internet ...

pirates look out, argh!

[I.R.A]_FBi, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Internet SIGNIFICANTLY slower on my computer

1. Internet SIGNIFICANTLY slower on my computer - Similar Threads - Internet SIGNIFICANTLY slower

2. PC continues to have significantly slower internet speeds than other computer in the house....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC continues to have significantly slower internet speeds than other computer in the house....: I built this computer 3 years ago and have had inconsistent internet usability for the last 1.5 years. I have went through 2 different wireless Wi-Fi cards in an attempt to fix the issue to no avail. In an attempt to diagnose the issue, yesterday, I connected an Ethernet...
  3. PC continues to have significantly slower internet speeds than other computer in the house....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC continues to have significantly slower internet speeds than other computer in the house....: I built this computer 3 years ago and have had inconsistent internet usability for the last 1.5 years. I have went through 2 different wireless Wi-Fi cards in an attempt to fix the issue to no avail. In an attempt to diagnose the issue, yesterday, I connected an Ethernet...
  4. PC continues to have significantly slower internet speeds than other computer in the house....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. WiFi on my computer is significantly slower than it is on other devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi on my computer is significantly slower than it is on other devices.: I recently got a new WiFi subscription which is advertised as 1200 Megabits/second. On most devices I get at least 500-600, but on my PC I can't seem to get more than 40-50. This only counts for my download speeds, as my upload speeds are the same if not higher on my PC. I...
  6. WiFi on my computer is significantly slower than it is on other devices.

WiFi on my computer is significantly slower than it is on other devices.: I recently got a new WiFi subscription which is advertised as 1200 Megabits/second. On most devices I get at least 500-600, but on my PC I can't seem to get more than 40-50. This only counts for my download speeds, as my upload speeds are the same if not higher on my PC. I...
  7. Windows 11 is significantly slower than Windows 10

Windows 11 is significantly slower than Windows 10: Since upgrading to Windows 11, my system has slowed down.Start up has slowed down.Shut down has slowed down.Every activity when using the laptop has slowed down.Surely this cannot be right?...
  8. Windows 11 is significantly slower than Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is significantly slower than Windows 10: Since upgrading to Windows 11, my system has slowed down.Start up has slowed down.Shut down has slowed down.Every activity when using the laptop has slowed down.Surely this cannot be right?...
  9. Internet speeds differ significantly

Internet speeds differ significantly: I have an HP All-In-One Desktop computer. Windows 10 Home, version 10.0.19042 Build 19042x64-based PCProcessor Intel Core i7-7700T CPU @2.9 GHz Memory 12 GB. Sitting on my desk, right next to the above computer, I have an HP laptop. Windows 10 Home, version 10.0.19042 Build...
  10. computer internet slower than iPad

computer internet slower than iPad: For some reason, my internet on my computer is slower than my iPad 7th gen. Is there a fix or a better driver for my Dell Inspiron N5050? [ATTACH][ATTACH]...