Windows 10: Internet slow until i unplug/replug in Windows 10

Discus and support Internet slow until i unplug/replug in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have a really weird problem and didn't manage to find the solution online yet so I'm posting here : When I boot my PC, my network is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Julscoob, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Julscoob Win User

Internet slow until i unplug/replug in Windows 10

Hi everyone,

I have a really weird problem and didn't manage to find the solution online yet so I'm posting here :

When I boot my PC, my network is slow : 150ish Mbps down / 1ish Mbps up and it feels all laggy specially in online games.

Here's an example of the speed when I boot my PC.

Internet slow until i unplug/replug in Windows 10 129dbecd-ee61-46c8-856b-97ca6fbb6b01?upload=true.png

Everytime i feel this lag, I unplug my cat. 7 network cable and plug it back in and I feel so much improvement as you can see :

Internet slow until i unplug/replug in Windows 10 86f23301-6078-40a7-b825-c35d1377188d?upload=true.png

I don't want to unplug/replug my cable everytime, so I'm searching for a fix to this issue.

I have a 2.5Gbps down / 700Mbps up internet connexion from my ISP and my router is new and up to date.

I have a Realtek 2.5G network card in my PC and all its drivers are up-to-date from the constructor's website.

I forced 2.5Gbps full duplex on both sides but it doesn't seem to be a negociation problem.

Note : I'm a network engineer so you don't need to go easy on me :

Additional notes : Yes everything is up to date, I tried to configure my network adapter settings in Windows, disabled green ethernet and every power-saving options, so far nothing seems to make a difference.

Specs :

• Win 10 Pro up to date 07/10/2020
    • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
    • MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max
    • 16G RAM
    • 500Gb NVMe ssd where Windows is installed

Thanks in advance for your help :

Julscoob

:)

Julscoob, Oct 7, 2020

2. Wireless USB Adapter has to be unplugged and replugged

Every now and then my wireless USB adapter has to be unplugged and replugged because for some reason its performance just gets worse and worse with time. I'll plug it in and get full internet speed 18Mbps down with full bars and then slowly it just drops to 48, 32, 11... with like 2 bars.

Once I unplug and replug, bam full speed again.

Am I doomed to just doing this or is their a fix? Google provided little input.

Linksys AE2500

AphexDreamer, Oct 7, 2020
  3. INSANELY Slow Internet Speed

nvm I solved the problem. The ethernet connector has tons of dust and is extremely hot causing the internet to slow down. I unplugged the ethernet, went to school, came back, and replug. *Big Grin Internet slow until i unplug/replug in Windows 10 :D

spearman914, Oct 7, 2020
  4. Internet slow until i unplug/replug in Windows 10

WIN10 internet SLOW!!!!!!!

Hello William,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with slow Internet Connection. We will certainly help you.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Have you tried connecting to some other Internet connection and check if the same issue occurs?

We suggest you to connect your system to some other network and check if the same slow Internet connection issue persists. If no then there must be issue with your Internet connection.

Further you can try performing the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix network connection issues

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

Internet slow until i unplug/replug in Windows 10

1. Internet slow until i unplug/replug in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Internet slow until

2. Ethernet not working whenever I turn my computer on until I unplug/replug it a few times.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet not working whenever I turn my computer on until I unplug/replug it a few times.: I recently got an ethernet cable, and it worked fine for a couple of days, but suddenly, whenever I turn on my computer it doesn't seem to work until I replug it a few times.I've tried looking up the problem on Google a few times but can't find anything. I'd appreciate it if...
  3. Ethernet not working whenever I turn my computer on until I unplug/replug it a few times.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet not working whenever I turn my computer on until I unplug/replug it a few times.: I recently got an ethernet cable, and it worked fine for a couple of days, but suddenly, whenever I turn on my computer it doesn't seem to work until I replug it a few times.I've tried looking up the problem on Google a few times but can't find anything. I'd appreciate it if...
  4. Ethernet not working whenever I turn my computer on until I unplug/replug it a few times.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My mouse stops working if I unplug and replug it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mouse stops working if I unplug and replug it: So this is kind of a wierd situation where I have a dell monitor that has USB ports on it so when I close the monitor the devices connected will disconnect until I reopen it. And there is an issue where I have a Corsair wireless mouse that when my computer starts with it...
  6. My mouse stops working if I unplug and replug it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse stops working if I unplug and replug it: So this is kind of a wierd situation where I have a dell monitor that has USB ports on it so when I close the monitor the devices connected will disconnect until I reopen it. And there is an issue where I have a Corsair wireless mouse that when my computer starts with it...
  7. Unplug and replugging laptop ssd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unplug and replugging laptop ssd: hi, i wanna replug my ssd on my lenovo laptop, is it safe to do so? if i disconnect my ssd, then replug it, will it boot? take note that the only boot source is my ssd, as my hdd is clean. thank you....
  8. Usb devices don't start back up from sleep or even restart until I unplug and replug them...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Usb devices don't start back up from sleep or even restart until I unplug and replug them...: 10700k, z490 motherboard win 10 Updated all drivers from msi website Windows is up to date Fresh install of windows Disabled usb suspend and unchecked allow windows to turn off this device in power management. Updated bios. submitted by /u/joelombard85 [link] [comments]...
  9. When I unplug and replug speakers, they no longer work.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I unplug and replug speakers, they no longer work.: Whenever I unplug the external speakers from my laptop, and plug them back in, they no longer work. It just doesn't show up as an audio device at all. It only starts working again if I plug in the speakers, turn off the speakers, restart my laptop, then turn the speakers back...
  10. When I unplug and then replug my headphones, Windows doesn't detect them

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When I unplug and then replug my headphones, Windows doesn't detect them: Every time my headphones disconnect and I try to replug them, Windows doesn't detect it and I have to reboot my computer, and it's really annoying. Any suggestions? Thanks!...