Windows 10: Internet slows down on downloads.

Discus and support Internet slows down on downloads. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I download stuff my download speed starts off at 2.4 megabites/s and then goes down right away to like 500 kb/s. Is this normal to happen and if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gtighe, May 24, 2017.

1. gtighe Win User

Internet slows down on downloads.

When I download stuff my download speed starts off at 2.4 megabites/s and then goes down right away to like 500 kb/s. Is this normal to happen and if not how do I fix it?

:)

gtighe, May 24, 2017
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

Internet speed on pc slows down ,when simultaneously connects on mobile

Hi,

This issue can occur from a limited amount of bandwidth.

As an initial troubleshooting, follow the troubleshooting steps on this
    article
    which are helpful in
    resolving the issue.

If the issue still persists, we recommend contacting your Internet Service Provider for further assistance and possible bandwidth upgrade.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you out further.

Arjay Dom, May 24, 2017
  3. Internet speed on pc slows down ,when simultaneously connects on mobile

Dear Microsoft, when i connects internet on my mobile through wi fi ,the internet on my pc which connected through LAN cable ,internet speed drastically slows down .and whn i put wifi off ,the internet speed restored on pc .i am using winows 10 .plz guide
    me .thank you

dr

raviagarwalyo, May 24, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

2.4Mbps [Mega bits per second] is quite fast compared to my usual 500-800Kbps download speed on a 5Mbps connection. 8 bits = 1 Byte

What you see is quite normal and more pronounced with larger file sizes. It's all about bandwidth, how much data is being transferred. Downloads have always had a burst of speed when started then slow as they progress over time.

Berton, May 24, 2017
Thema:

1. Internet slows down on downloads. - Similar Threads - Internet slows down

2. Which apps are slowing down internet?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Which apps are slowing down internet?: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,Anytime when I use my PC, some apps, services and updates always starts on background and slows down my internet speed. So help me finding best bandwidth monitoring app for pc which is free, best and will be used by simply opening and not by using...
  3. Internet periodically slowing down.

Internet periodically slowing down.: Hello there,this is my first time posting, as I am at my wits end, the issue is obscure, but I'll try to describe it in as much details as possible.I'm running Windows 10 Pro.A few days ago my internet started periodically becoming unresponsive.Symptoms:Trying to...
  4. Internet slows down

Internet slows down: This started happening about 2 weeks ago, I would get on my hp slim desktop and whenever we would use it the whole internet in my home would go really slow.I’ve reset my computer completely and unplugged the Ethernet cord to try and use the wifi but it still did the same...
  5. Internet download speed slow.

Internet download speed slow.: PC originally Win 8.1 - updated to Win 10. Have superfast broadband. Internet download speed significantly reduced/throttled. Can only be rectified by going into Safe Mode with Networking. What is the cause of this? Is it possible to restore full download speed in Normal...
  6. Slow internet download 1.7Mbps

Slow internet download 1.7Mbps: Slow internet download 1.7Mbps to my desktop but to ipad 16+Mbps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-internet-download-17mbps/a022630c-1c80-473a-bb1e-e842291cc67f
  7. slow internet download

slow internet download: Hi, first of all I am virtually computer illiterate so my apologies in advance. My internet download speed is randomly so SLOW. Sometimes, right when I start up my PC it will download fast but then it'll change to a very slow download speed that is frankly unacceptable. I...
  8. Slowed down internet

Slowed down internet: I have a problem related to internet and network settings in Windows 10. The problem what I am currently experiencing is that the internet speed is slowed down significantly to 3% of the contracted speed. Normally I get 100Mbps from speedtest, but everytime I experiencing...
  9. internet speed slows down

internet speed slows down: I have an old Dell XPS system running Windows 10pro Using a Broadcom gigabit ethernet card. I am hard wired directly to the WOW modem and do get speeds of up to 550mbps. But after a while, anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours, it starts to slow down to under 100. Every time...
  10. Windows 10 slowing down torrents/downloads - internet speed fine

Windows 10 slowing down torrents/downloads - internet speed fine: Ever since I've upgraded to Windows 10 I've noticed one weird artifact - torrents are much slower and they take much longer to pick up speed. Now, why would that be? Well, the only observation I could make is that on Windows 10 it takes so much longer for PC to connect to...