Windows 10: Internet Slows Down Over Night - Windows 10 Version 1909

Discus and support Internet Slows Down Over Night - Windows 10 Version 1909 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. My computer is always on to perform various tasks, but since upgrading my internet slows down over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mountainsoft, May 9, 2020.

1. Internet Slows Down Over Night - Windows 10 Version 1909

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. My computer is always on to perform various tasks, but since upgrading my internet slows down over night (or if I'm away from the computer several hours). It appears to be something DNS related, as I can run a speed test and get my full rated connection speed. But connecting to sites takes a very long time (2-3 minutes or more).

I tried sfc /scannow to check my system files. No problems found.

I tried ipconfig /flushdns. No change.

I've tried choosing different DNS servers using QuickSetDNS. I've tried both Google and Cloudflare. No change.

I've looked at the task manager to see if something was using resources, but nothing appears to be using excessive resources. I did notice Microsoft Edge and Xbox Games used the network overnight, even though I don't use Edge and uninstalled the Xbox Games?

I've scanned for viruses with Avast, and checked for malware with Malwarebytes. Neither found any problems.

Once I restart the computer things seem to go back to normal, but I need my computer to stay up and running. I can't keep restarting every morning.

Any ideas how I can figure out what is causing this?

:)

mountainsoft, May 9, 2020

2. Internet only slows down during the night

I think because of heavy load, your internet connection is getting slow. Almost all people are using internet late night and it slow down the internet connections.

martinkaren77, May 23, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 23, 2020
  4. Internet Slows Down Over Night - Windows 10 Version 1909

WIN10 internet SLOW!!!!!!!

Hello William,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with slow Internet Connection. We will certainly help you.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Have you tried connecting to some other Internet connection and check if the same issue occurs?

We suggest you to connect your system to some other network and check if the same slow Internet connection issue persists. If no then there must be issue with your Internet connection.

Further you can try performing the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix network connection issues

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Internet Slows Down Over Night - Windows 10 Version 1909

1. Internet Slows Down Over Night - Windows 10 Version 1909 - Similar Threads - Internet Slows Down

2. Internet slows down

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet slows down: This started happening about 2 weeks ago, I would get on my hp slim desktop and whenever we would use it the whole internet in my home would go really slow.I’ve reset my computer completely and unplugged the Ethernet cord to try and use the wifi but it still did the same...
  3. Windows 10 Is Slowing Down Over Time?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Is Slowing Down Over Time?: A few months after I got my windows I felt like it was slower it took a while to load up the edge. Now it's been almost 2 years and my computer takes about 1 minute to load up edge andEVEN after it's been loaded I can't even click any tabs for almost 5 minutes! I'm getting a...
  4. Windows 10 update to version 1909 fails over and over

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update to version 1909 fails over and over: My dell laptop has version 1809 and it works fine. The update to version 1909 has failed over and over again. I have tried many suggestions I found here but nothing works. At the end when the computer restarts I get a blue screen which says at the end "system thread...
  5. Night light not working on Windows 10 version 1909

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night light not working on Windows 10 version 1909: Alright, so I am trying to turn on the night light on in my Lenovo Yoga laptop. It is 3 pm where I am located. I have turn off automatic brightness, switch to on night light, went to night light settings, set the hours to 2pm-7am and click turn on now button. Then, turned on...
  6. CPU Over Clock Error Windows 10 version 1909

in Windows 10 Support
    CPU Over Clock Error Windows 10 version 1909: Hi, I have been trying to use my other pc (Desktop Mini tower) that has Windows 10 build 1909 yesterday and a screen popped up with CPU Over Clock Error Press F1 to enter setup. I hit F1 key, and cursor disappears and only a black screen shown. I had switched the pc off...
  7. Slowed down internet

Slowed down internet: I have a problem related to internet and network settings in Windows 10. The problem what I am currently experiencing is that the internet speed is slowed down significantly to 3% of the contracted speed. Normally I get 100Mbps from speedtest, but everytime I experiencing...
  8. Windows 10 slow down over time.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 slow down over time.: Hi. Im using Windows 10 build 17134.765 The first time I use it, it's not smooth. By the time goes, it become slower and slower. By now it's often not responding even though just open windows explorer and Microsoft word. I'm using Asus A442UR, so specification shouldn't...
  9. internet speed slows down

internet speed slows down: I have an old Dell XPS system running Windows 10pro Using a Broadcom gigabit ethernet card. I am hard wired directly to the WOW modem and do get speeds of up to 550mbps. But after a while, anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours, it starts to slow down to under 100. Every time...
  10. Internet slows down on downloads.

Internet slows down on downloads.: When I download stuff my download speed starts off at 2.4 megabites/s and then goes down right away to like 500 kb/s. Is this normal to happen and if not how do I fix it? 85296