Windows 10: Internet slows down, until a network reset. and then it happens again after about 2 hours

Discus and support Internet slows down, until a network reset. and then it happens again after about 2 hours in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hoping someone can help me with this issue! for over 6 months now, my internet has been slowing down as I use my laptop. I know it's not a problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SavannahA, Nov 21, 2019.

1. SavannahA Win User

Internet slows down, until a network reset. and then it happens again after about 2 hours

Hoping someone can help me with this issue!

for over 6 months now, my internet has been slowing down as I use my laptop. I know it's not a problem with my internet because this doesn't happen to my other devices.

On startup my speed is typically around 25mbps download 20mbps upload (obviously varies a bit, but that's what it seems to average at).

After about 2 hours of use, my download is 0.55mbps and my upload is about the same.

I then have to reset my network, things go back to normal.... then back to **** after 2 hours.

I've run a full virus scan, and found nothing

I reinstalled windows 10 and that didn't fix it.

I also did a reset of my laptop and that didn't fix it.

Network reset works for about 2 hours.

I'm getting quite frustrated with this, and I'm REALLY hoping that someone can lead me in the right direction!

:)

SavannahA, Nov 21, 2019

2. WIN10 internet SLOW!!!!!!!

Hello William,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with slow Internet Connection. We will certainly help you.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Have you tried connecting to some other Internet connection and check if the same issue occurs?

We suggest you to connect your system to some other network and check if the same slow Internet connection issue persists. If no then there must be issue with your Internet connection.

Further you can try performing the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix network connection issues

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 21, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Slow internet connection from Wifi - Network adaptor

Hi Maegen,

Slow internet connection could be due to outdated network adapter driver or Wi-Fi signal interruptions.

We would like to know some additional information to better isolate the issue:

• Have you tried updating your network adapter driver?
    • Do you have any anti-virus or 3rd party security app running?
    • Is your computer updating Windows or other programs?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to run Network Adapter troubleshooter and
    Internet Connection troubleshooter. It will find and fix problems with wireless network adapters and Internet connections. Follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Settings.
    • Click Update & Security, then choose Troubleshoot.
    • Click Internet Connections and Network Adapter.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Nov 21, 2019
  4. Internet slows down, until a network reset. and then it happens again after about 2 hours

Internet slow but not in Safe Mode with Networking

My internet (i.e., loading webpages) is super slow, taking ~1 minute to load each webpage. However, the internet works fine in safe mode with networking. The Internet on other computers and devices on the same network is working fine, suggesting the problem
    is the computer. I tried resetting TCP/IP and WINSOCK in the command prompt which helped (previously it was taking ~5 minutes) but obviously things are still slow with 1 minute. I have a SONY VAIO with Windows 7, 64-bit.

confooseddesi89, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

Internet slows down, until a network reset. and then it happens again after about 2 hours

1. Internet slows down, until a network reset. and then it happens again after about 2 hours - Similar Threads - Internet slows down

2. No internet after network reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet after network reset: I reset my network yesterday on my Windows 10 Pro laptop, and ever since it has been unable to connect to the internet via Wifi the network reads No Internet, secured. I am able to connect in other devices.To note is that I restarted before the automatic five minute restart...
  3. No internet after network reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet after network reset: I reset my network yesterday on my Windows 10 Pro laptop, and ever since it has been unable to connect to the internet via Wifi the network reads No Internet, secured. I am able to connect in other devices.To note is that I restarted before the automatic five minute restart...
  4. No internet after network reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet slows down

Internet slows down: This started happening about 2 weeks ago, I would get on my hp slim desktop and whenever we would use it the whole internet in my home would go really slow.I’ve reset my computer completely and unplugged the Ethernet cord to try and use the wifi but it still did the same...
  6. Ethernet port on laptop slow until Windows factory reset, no clue why or if it'll happen again

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet port on laptop slow until Windows factory reset, no clue why or if it'll happen again: I got a MSI gaming laptop (GS66 10SE) and it's decent - but just a couple days ago the speed on ethernet became extremely slow (11mbps), on any speed test site. Normally it's around 115 mbps. WiFi speed was fine. AND, to my disbelief, if I used ethernet cable via a USB...
  7. Shared internet to network bridge slows down receive

Shared internet to network bridge slows down receive: As soon as internet connection is shared to network bridge, receive is slowed down by 70-90MB/s and send is unaffected. unsahred: [img] shared: [img] This is from 1809. On 20h2 its 10-20MB/s faster. Oldest and latest drivers for eths. How does this make sense? 171822
  8. 2 PCs, one slowing down internet of other !

2 PCs, one slowing down internet of other !: This is ultra strange. I have 2 PCs. For the last 3 months I have been having issues where just one of the PCs internet would slow down from the usual 60mbps to 20mbps or less (only on single thread, multi-thread was fine). Normally the first 2 minutes of the computer being...
  9. Slowed down internet

Slowed down internet: I have a problem related to internet and network settings in Windows 10. The problem what I am currently experiencing is that the internet speed is slowed down significantly to 3% of the contracted speed. Normally I get 100Mbps from speedtest, but everytime I experiencing...
  10. Internet connection slows down after several hours...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internet connection slows down after several hours...: About two updates ago, I noticed my internet Ethernet connection, using WOW 500/50 plan, slows down to less than 20 Mbps after several hours. I am confirming this through various speed test services. Naturally, I had WOW come out and after going through multiple tests, they...