Windows 10: Internet slows down

Discus and support Internet slows down in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This started happening about 2 weeks ago, I would get on my hp slim desktop and whenever we would use it the whole internet in my home would go really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BraydenRobinson4, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Internet slows down

This started happening about 2 weeks ago, I would get on my hp slim desktop and whenever we would use it the whole internet in my home would go really slow.I’ve reset my computer completely and unplugged the Ethernet cord to try and use the wifi but it still did the same thing. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

BraydenRobinson4, Jul 21, 2021

2. WIN10 internet SLOW!!!!!!!

Hello William,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with slow Internet Connection. We will certainly help you.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Have you tried connecting to some other Internet connection and check if the same issue occurs?

We suggest you to connect your system to some other network and check if the same slow Internet connection issue persists. If no then there must be issue with your Internet connection.

Further you can try performing the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix network connection issues

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 21, 2021
  3. mbmeadows Win User
    Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Jul 21, 2021
  4. Internet slows down

Slow Internet Issue

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties that you are facing with internet lag in your laptop and in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the laptop?
    • What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What type of internet connection are you using (wired/wireless)?
    • Are you facing lag issue with any other device like a smart phone or a different laptop to the same network?
    • Do you face the same issue connecting the Laptop to a different network?
    • Did you try connecting the laptop using an Ethernet cable?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform the steps as mentioned in this article:

Fix network connection issues in Windows
    and let us know the end result.

As an additional information, you can refer this article:

Why is my Internet connection so slow?

Note: This article is for Windows 7, but it holds good for Windows 10

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

Internet slows down

1. Internet slows down - Similar Threads - Internet slows down

2. Which apps are slowing down internet?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Which apps are slowing down internet?: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,Anytime when I use my PC, some apps, services and updates always starts on background and slows down my internet speed. So help me finding best bandwidth monitoring app for pc which is free, best and will be used by simply opening and not by using...
  3. Which apps are slowing down internet?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which apps are slowing down internet?: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,Anytime when I use my PC, some apps, services and updates always starts on background and slows down my internet speed. So help me finding best bandwidth monitoring app for pc which is free, best and will be used by simply opening and not by using...
  4. Internet periodically slowing down.

Internet periodically slowing down.: Hello there,this is my first time posting, as I am at my wits end, the issue is obscure, but I'll try to describe it in as much details as possible.I'm running Windows 10 Pro.A few days ago my internet started periodically becoming unresponsive.Symptoms:Trying to...
  5. Internet slow down + system lagging

Internet slow down + system lagging: Hello community, I've recently ran into an issue that I just can't solve and it's a mystery for me. My internet for some reason started to slow down from 300mbps to 30 - 60mbps and when I'm doing something that burdens the internet watching youtube, loading a page, making...
  6. My internet speed slowed down.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My internet speed slowed down.: So I've always had a healthy 100 mbps internet speed on my PC. This all changed when I reinstalled windows 10 and did a speed test for fun. I was not expecting a sudden bump to a beefy 500 mbps. So that's how my internet was for a while, at a beefy 500 mbps, until today... My...
  7. Updates Slowing Down Internet Speed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updates Slowing Down Internet Speed: I have a rather fast internet connection, can't really tell the tech stuff as I am not that techsavvy. But lately everytime an update is ready to be installed, my internet is extremely slow for some reason, most of the time when I install updates it always says "Undoing...
  8. Slowed down internet

Slowed down internet: I have a problem related to internet and network settings in Windows 10. The problem what I am currently experiencing is that the internet speed is slowed down significantly to 3% of the contracted speed. Normally I get 100Mbps from speedtest, but everytime I experiencing...
  9. internet speed slows down

internet speed slows down: I have an old Dell XPS system running Windows 10pro Using a Broadcom gigabit ethernet card. I am hard wired directly to the WOW modem and do get speeds of up to 550mbps. But after a while, anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours, it starts to slow down to under 100. Every time...
  10. Internet slows down on downloads.

Internet slows down on downloads.: When I download stuff my download speed starts off at 2.4 megabites/s and then goes down right away to like 500 kb/s. Is this normal to happen and if not how do I fix it? 85296