Windows 10: Internet slows to a crawl when playing games

Discus and support Internet slows to a crawl when playing games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello there. This is a problem that has been bugging me for some weeks. We have 100mbps internet, and it's very effective for all 6 of us using at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Chris123_456, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Internet slows to a crawl when playing games

Hello there. This is a problem that has been bugging me for some weeks.

We have 100mbps internet, and it's very effective for all 6 of us using at least 2 devices each in the house. Internet connectivity on my PC is generally perfect, and always scores over 100mbps on Ookla speed tests. The problem i'm having right now is that when I boot one of my favourite games, my PC's internet connection seems to slow right down to as low as bits per second. I can use my phone to browse the internet on the same connection at the same time just fine, and everyone else seems to not have a problem.

When I shut down the game, the internet on my PC goes back to normal again. fyi, this is a game that's predominantly multiplayer-based. I cannot recall ever having a problem like this during the lifetime of my PC. It's really frustrating and i've tried getting an SSD, uninstalling and reinstalling the game and reset the router to factory settings. Nothing's working right now. Can anyone here help me troubleshoot?

:)

Chris123_456, Nov 26, 2018
  2. Gordon7 Win User

Cursor Slow-- Crawls when playing a game

Change batteries in your mouse! Check your mouse settings again and test it while using the desktop (no game running).

Internet slows to a crawl when playing games [​IMG]

Gordon7, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Playing games is very slow

I have recently installed windows 10 and have tried to play some of my old favorite computer games,(Diciples, age of empires, stronghold) and they run so slow I can't even play them. Any suggestions?

Moved from Community Participation Center

Original title: playing games

MarkAllen5525, Nov 26, 2018
  4. pygmy Win User

Internet slows to a crawl when playing games

Cursor Slow-- Crawls when playing a game

I am having this problem playing Backspin Billiards (RealArcade) for the last several weeks. RealArcade has suggested a litany of fixes, none of which has worked, such as:

Windows 10 automatically sets the system DPI to 150%. If you manually turn it back down to 100%, this should help. If you don't know how to do this, please go to Control Panel>Appearance and Personalization>Display. There you will see the option. If this doesn't work, check your resolution, if it's set to high, it may prevent the game from working. We recommend 1680 X 1050.

Also, Windows 10 doesn’t always install the manufacturer’s drivers when upgrading. One thing you can do is check the manufacturer for drivers.

HP has their own update software, which tells you if the drivers aren’t from them and has a link for easy installation. Other company’s system aren’t always as straightforward.

To get details on your video card, right-click on your desktop and choose Display. Then choose Settings. Your video card manufacturer, make and model should be listed here.

You can usually get the latest version of your video driver software from the manufacturer of your computer; try the support page of the manufacturer's web site.

*NOTE: When starting your game, try closing all other applications. These games can use up a lot of RAM, and the more applications you have running at the same time, the more likely that you will encounter errors.

Lastly, is all else fails, try troubleshooting the compatibility:

Right-click on the game's icon and choose "Troubleshoot compatibility.” When prompted, choose “Try recommended settings.”

The change to the application's properties must be done while logged in as an administrative user. Alternatively, you can right-click the game's program icon and select Run as administrator.

Does anyone know what else might be causing this? It started after I slowed my cursor for another purpose, then set it higher and rebooted. Hope this helps.

pygmy, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Internet slows to a crawl when playing games

1. Internet slows to a crawl when playing games - Similar Threads - Internet slows crawl

2. Internet Problems when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Problems when playing games: Whenever I play games on my computer it says I have a high latency and I lag a lot. This happens with all my games. However I use an ethernet cable and when I run a speed test I get 124 Mbps download and 11 Mbps upload. I've tried a lot of things but nothing seems to work....
  3. Internet Problems when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Problems when playing games: Whenever I play games on my computer it says I have a high latency and I lag a lot. This happens with all my games. However I use an ethernet cable and when I run a speed test I get 124 Mbps download and 11 Mbps upload. I've tried a lot of things but nothing seems to work....
  4. Internet Problems when playing games

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows running at a slow crawl

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows running at a slow crawl: Dell InspirionIntel Core i5-9400 @2.90GHz32 GB RAMWindows 11 x64For the past week or so my PC has become almost unuseable because of how slow it runs. I read there was recent update KB5007215 but I can not find a download link on the MS website.I've tried shutting down all...
  6. My internet slows to a crawl when i turn on my vpn

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My internet slows to a crawl when i turn on my vpn: Hello I was wondering , If i could get some help on my decrease internet issue when i turn on my windscribe Vpn, on my windows 10 pc , I have 50 Mbps of down and 10 up , whith the vpn turned off but when I turn it on the speed gets reduce to as little as 2Mbs down , this...
  7. Windows 10 is slowing to a crawl

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is slowing to a crawl: Hey I've got Windows 10 v1909 and recently it became terribly slow. I had problems with BSOD for which i've consulted with the community and disabled Intel Turbo Boost 3 and uninstalled Kaspersky since they thought it might be conflicting with Malewarebytes. I've done a...
  8. Windows inexplicably slows to a crawl

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows inexplicably slows to a crawl: I've had an issue for a few weeks now where suddenly Windows will slow waaaay down (opening programs, websites refreshing, etc.) I can usually still open task manager and there are no obvious issues (nothing pinned at 100%, no one program that is the apparent culprit). A warm...
  9. Cursor Slow-- Crawls when playing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor Slow-- Crawls when playing a game: I am having this problem playing Backspin Billiards (RealArcade) for the last several weeks. RealArcade has suggested a litany of fixes, none of which has worked, such as: Windows 10 automatically sets the system DPI to 150%. If you manually turn it back down to 100%,...
  10. Startup slowed to a crawl

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup slowed to a crawl: Hi Everyone, I haven't been here for quite some time. About a week ago something changed with my Windows 10 startup. Everything seems to begin smoothly until the final blue screen finishes. There was usually a slight pause before the desktop appears but now just before my...