Windows 10: Internet Speed Being limited in wifi with specific networks

Discus and support Internet Speed Being limited in wifi with specific networks in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Im facing wifi speed limitations for 2 wifi networks,the speed is capped to 170KB/s ~1.5Mb/s for both, My phone's hotspot~30Mbps and Fiber250Mbps,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Shaurya Prabhakar, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Internet Speed Being limited in wifi with specific networks

Im facing wifi speed limitations for 2 wifi networks,the speed is capped to 170KB/s ~1.5Mb/s for both, My phone's hotspot~30Mbps and Fiber250Mbps, Using a IntelR Wireless-AC 9461 - Driver Ver 22.230.0.8, Changing the wifi protocols and bands doesnt help, this only happends with those 2wifi network and only with this wifi card,AFAIK My Cellular Carrier Bharti Airtel doesnt have a Speed Cap for Hotspot Sharing. Reinstalling the wifi cardphysically replugging it also didnt helped.

:)

Shaurya Prabhakar, Nov 30, 2023
  2. Kyle Win User

Windows 10 Pro Internet Speed Limitation?

Hi guys.
    I've had to mark this as unresolved and bring it back up as the issue has returned. I am not sure what it is that is causing this as I haven't installed any program that would limit, manage/handle bandwidth usage.
    Below are a few screenshots of my Programs and Features list and the list of Windows Updates:

Internet Speed Being limited in wifi with specific networks 248395d1569149236t-windows-10-pro-internet-speed-limitation-explorer_jrseikmxci.png

Internet Speed Being limited in wifi with specific networks 248396d1569149245t-windows-10-pro-internet-speed-limitation-explorer_ibygojxqt9.png

Internet Speed Being limited in wifi with specific networks 248397d1569149297t-windows-10-pro-internet-speed-limitation-explorer_5ac9b04pfk.png

To also note; I have done a few speedtests and the result is the same as before I reinstalled Windows. (100-144Mbps) After reinstalling, for a few weeks I was getting my full speed. (380Mbps) Then it suddenly capped. My iPhone XR (being connected to my 5GHz WiFi network) gets the full speed.

I have also redone the "tweaks" for trying to remove the limitation as in tutorials on Google. No help. None of these "fixes" actually work. That is to say; updating my network card driver (in this case my TP-Link TG-3468 Gigabit Ethernet PCI card), using Command Prompt with the few commands suggested to use, GPEdit.msc, etc. None of these work. Windows 10 is still limiting/capping my Internet and it is beyond frustrating. Delivery Optimization is also disabled and Limit Reservable Bandwidth in QoS Packet Scheduler is set to 0%.

I should also note that my Private Internet Access VPN is disabled.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: Typing this into an elevated command prompt seemed to allow me to use more of my speed, but not 350Mbps+.
    I'm assuming it is peak times at the moment.

Internet Speed Being limited in wifi with specific networks b79c8b13-8099-463d-bea7-e6b97e46b502.png

3. Limit Wifi Speed

Is there a way to limit wifi network's speed through my pc? If yes, how?

ZephyrusEEE, Nov 30, 2023
  4. Internet Speed Being limited in wifi with specific networks

Windows 10 Home - WIFI Slow internet speed - limited

Hi,

I Have installed on my brand new laptop windows 10 Home "already updated", I have a 10 Mbps internet connection but only reaches 1.2 Mbps, I ran a speed test on my phone that uses the same WiFi and is reaching 9 Mbps. Something is limiting the bandwidth
    almost in 90% of its capacity, WiFi driver is Updated and I'm sitting next to the modem to get a better signal strength and I get full signal bars but the speed still the same, I already tried some basic troubleshooting suggested by Microsoft but still does
    not work, I don't think something is consuming the bandwidth because my phone gets a good speed. I don't know what else to do.

Modified title from: Windows 10 Home - WIFI Slow internet speed - limited !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OSHNKANTAM, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

Internet Speed Being limited in wifi with specific networks

1. Internet Speed Being limited in wifi with specific networks - Similar Threads - Internet Speed Being

2. Internet Speed Being limited in wifi with specific networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Speed Being limited in wifi with specific networks: Im facing wifi speed limitations for 2 wifi networks,the speed is capped to 170KB/s ~1.5Mb/s for both, My phone's hotspot~30Mbps and Fiber250Mbps, Using a IntelR Wireless-AC 9461 - Driver Ver 22.230.0.8, Changing the wifi protocols and bands doesnt help, this only happends...
  3. Limit Wifi Speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Limit Wifi Speed: Is there a way to limit wifi network's speed through my pc? If yes, how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/limit-wifi-speed/9277baa2-e103-4737-a331-13e2413db35c
  4. Limit Wifi Speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Limit Wifi Speed: Is there a way to limit wifi network's speed through my pc? If yes, how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/limit-wifi-speed/9277baa2-e103-4737-a331-13e2413db35c
  5. Limit Wifi Speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Internet speed limit

Internet speed limit: Hi, I'm using Win 10, and I have a cable internet connection, it's a business line, so it needs to be min 270Mb/s, most of the day I can get 75-85Mb/s on any test, but if I unplug the cable for a couple of seconds the speed picks up to 340-360Mb. Any Idea what could be the...
  7. Network speed is limited

Network speed is limited: Hello guys, my laptop keeps limiting itself to below 10mbps frequently. Very rarely it can get the full speed of nearly 50mbps via ethernet. But then it drops below 10mbps and I can't figure out why. All of my other devices are doing fine. The cable I tested separately, that...
  8. Internet Speed is limited

Internet Speed is limited: So i recently got the 150mbps 5g connection and also on speed tester it gives me the 150mbps speed but somehow on doing other things like downloading games and videos and other stuff it is only limited to 17.6 mbps and does not go any higher than that. i tried searching the...
  9. WiFi Network speed and internet speed question

WiFi Network speed and internet speed question: Okay I don't understand this I have a 1gb network modem/router thru CenturyLink and what I don't understand is on all my local networking I get the 1gig speed. On my wired machines when I access the internet I actually get 900mb download/upload speeds, but when I use my...
  10. A specific network capping Internet Speed

A specific network capping Internet Speed: I own an ASUS Laptop and I have a WiFi set up at my house with a plan of 10 Mbps and the ISP has given me a user IP. Since 3 days, the internet in my device is giving me not more than 1 Mbps. Now, the problem is 1. Whenever I use the IP with any other device, whether a...