Windows 10: Internet speed considerably decreases while on a Microsoft Teams meeting using Desktop app

Discus and support Internet speed considerably decreases while on a Microsoft Teams meeting using Desktop app in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! For a few days I have this problem with Microsoft Teams desktop app I'm using Windows 10 — I'm connected to a WiFi and my internet speed is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ēriks Vilunas, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Internet speed considerably decreases while on a Microsoft Teams meeting using Desktop app

Hello!

For a few days I have this problem with Microsoft Teams desktop app I'm using Windows 10 — I'm connected to a WiFi and my internet speed is usually pretty good 20-30 mbps. However, when I join a meeting, my internet considerably slows down to around 1 mbps and the meeting lags considerably. I do not have the same problems when using Teams in browser. What could be the cause of this?

P.S. Have similar problems using Zoom, so it's unlikely to be a Teams specific issue.

:)

Ēriks Vilunas, Mar 12, 2021

2. Team Meeting Problem

Since I'm not sure if we're using the Teams desktop app, I'll try your suggestion at our next meeting. Thanks for responding.

DABens2017, Mar 12, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    New Microsoft Teams app update released for Android and iOS - Nov. 21

Microsoft Teams is your hub for teamwork in Office 365. All your team conversations, files, meetings, and apps live together in a single shared workspace, and you can take it with you on your favorite mobile device. Whether youre sprinting towards a deadline or sharing your next big idea, Teams can help you achieve more.

Microsoft Teams version 1416/1.0.0.2020111001 for Android

WHAT'S NEW

• Search the way you talk. Natural language support when searching for messages.
    • Spelling suggestions for search terms that might be spelled incorrectly.
    • Caller ID for voicemail messages.
    • Use the operating system PiP when in calls and meetings.
    • View up to 49 participants in a meeting with ’Together mode’ and large gallery mode.
    • View spotlighted participants in a meeting.

Source and download: Microsoft Teams - Apps on Google Play

Microsoft Teams version 2.1.0 for iOS

WHAT'S NEW

• Set your status to Offline and be invisible while working in Teams
    • Improved and simplified notification settings
    • Block notifications while in meetings to reduce distractions
    • Manage the channels you're notified about in one place
    • Swipe left on an account to delete any cached info and remove it from your list of accounts

Source and download: Microsoft Teams on the App Store

Brink, Mar 12, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Internet speed considerably decreases while on a Microsoft Teams meeting using Desktop app

Microsoft Teams meetings for the classroom

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...d/ba-p/1282906

Brink, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

Internet speed considerably decreases while on a Microsoft Teams meeting using Desktop app

1. Internet speed considerably decreases while on a Microsoft Teams meeting using Desktop app - Similar Threads - Internet speed considerably

2. Web conferencing desktop apps Teams, GoToMeeting drop my internet speed down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web conferencing desktop apps Teams, GoToMeeting drop my internet speed down: I'd like to continue this previous post of March 2022 where the user Kevin_Bachler reported an issue affecting desktop applications of MS Teams, Zoom and Google Meet, making his network performance slowed down drastically.I can replicate the exact same weird issue in my...
  3. Web conferencing desktop apps Teams, GoToMeeting drop my internet speed down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web conferencing desktop apps Teams, GoToMeeting drop my internet speed down: I'd like to continue this previous post of March 2022 where the user Kevin_Bachler reported an issue affecting desktop applications of MS Teams, Zoom and Google Meet, making his network performance slowed down drastically.I can replicate the exact same weird issue in my...
  4. Teams - joining another organizations Teams meetings while logged into my Microsoft account?

Teams - joining another organizations Teams meetings while logged into my Microsoft account?: Hi,Teams is always a challenge. Not nearly as easy to use as Zoom, WebEx, Skype, etc. not nearly by a lot!One thing that would make me use Teams more would be if we could use it within and among other interest groups.Here's an example:I just ran a Teams meeting from my...
  5. Dramatic Decrease in Internet speed while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dramatic Decrease in Internet speed while gaming: My computer is getting slower internet speeds than what its testing to. When running a speed test on my desktop on speedtest.net it shows download speeds of 900+ Mbps on the ethernet cable. When Im gaming on Red Dead Online I can only get max 200Kbps. When I use WiFi I get...
  6. Dramatic Decrease in Internet speed while gaming

Dramatic Decrease in Internet speed while gaming: My computer is getting slower internet speeds than what its testing to. When running a speed test on my desktop on speedtest.net it shows download speeds of 900+ Mbps on the ethernet cable. When Im gaming on Red Dead Online I can only get max 400Kbps. When I use WiFi I get...
  7. BlueScreen while using Microsoft Teams

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BlueScreen while using Microsoft Teams: Hello,I have the following problem with my notebook: if I make a call viaMicrosoft Teams I always get a BlueScreen after 5-10 minutes after the call started. Error-Message: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILUREThe problem occurs since my update from Windows 10 to Windows...
  8. BlueScreen while using Microsoft Teams

BlueScreen while using Microsoft Teams: Hello,I have the following problem with my notebook: if I make a call viaMicrosoft Teams I always get a BlueScreen after 5-10 minutes after the call started. Error-Message: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILUREThe problem occurs since my update from Windows 10 to Windows...
  9. File transfer speed decreases after a while

File transfer speed decreases after a while: When i try to copy a large file like over 10GB on my laptop or move a file between partitions of itself, transferring starts with 200MB/s but after copying about 5GB of file the speed suddenly reduces to 8MB/s or even less. i tried installing windows7 and then windows8 but i...
  10. Microsoft Teams meetings for the classroom

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Teams meetings for the classroom: Over the last few weeks, schools have been working tirelessly to enable distance learning for their students and faculty. We’ve heard directly from many of you about engaging students in lessons, encouraging student to student collaboration, and facilitating staff...