Windows 10: Internet speed decreased from 50 MBs to 2 MBs. Is Windows limiting my internet?

Discus and support Internet speed decreased from 50 MBs to 2 MBs. Is Windows limiting my internet? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Around two days ago, my laptop decided to start downloading files way slower than normal. My modem should get around 80 MBs down however right now,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ferselveh, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Internet speed decreased from 50 MBs to 2 MBs. Is Windows limiting my internet?

Around two days ago, my laptop decided to start downloading files way slower than normal. My modem should get around 80 MBs down however right now, it's around 500 KBs to 2 MBs.

If you want to know, my laptop has been sitting in the same place for a while and had no issues until the day I bought it downstairs where my modem is and then went back upstairs for the night.

I have a Dell G3 3579. Sorry I'm not very technical so if you require certain information. Please comment it so I know what to provide.

submitted by /u/ferselveh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ferselveh, Aug 12, 2020

2. since switching to windows 10 my download speed on my internet has fallen from 50 mbs to below 1mbs

Original Title -

since switching to windows 10 my download speed on my internet has fallen from 50 mbs to below 1mbs. on all my other devices the internt speed is perfect ?

jbryan1963, Aug 12, 2020
  3. isaccasi Win User
    Internet speed

My internet speed is 300\50 mbs

isaccasi, Aug 12, 2020
  4. pdcjlw Win User

Internet speed decreased from 50 MBs to 2 MBs. Is Windows limiting my internet?

Using windows 10 with limited internet speed.

I live in a rural area and I have limited internet speed. (Less than 1 MB/s). Windows 10 seems to be using the internet all the time. How can I prevent windows 10 from constantly accessing the internet so I can use my full bandwidth for email and web surfing.

pdcjlw, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Internet speed decreased from 50 MBs to 2 MBs. Is Windows limiting my internet?

1. Internet speed decreased from 50 MBs to 2 MBs. Is Windows limiting my internet? - Similar Threads - Internet speed decreased

2. Internet speed limit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet speed limit: Hi, I'm using Win 10, and I have a cable internet connection, it's a business line, so it needs to be min 270Mb/s, most of the day I can get 75-85Mb/s on any test, but if I unplug the cable for a couple of seconds the speed picks up to 340-360Mb. Any Idea what could be the...
  3. Internet Speed is limited

Internet Speed is limited: So i recently got the 150mbps 5g connection and also on speed tester it gives me the 150mbps speed but somehow on doing other things like downloading games and videos and other stuff it is only limited to 17.6 mbps and does not go any higher than that. i tried searching the...
  4. Windows 10 limiting my internet speed?

Windows 10 limiting my internet speed?: I have a PC running windows 10, all of the latest updates have been installed and drivers are up to date and it is connected to a ethernet cable for internet. I have a gigabit ethernet service. When I run an internet speed test I get somewhere between 14 -40 Megabits/sec...
  5. Internet on my Windows 10 dropped below 1mbs with an average of 0.17 mbs after computer...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet on my Windows 10 dropped below 1mbs with an average of 0.17 mbs after computer...: So I have been figuring out what has caused this. All of my other devices are working fine with an average of 60-80mbs but it only seems to have only affected my windows computer. I have already updated to latest version as well as running multiple restarts and virus...
  6. Internet getting capped at 10 mbs windows 10 build 1909

Internet getting capped at 10 mbs windows 10 build 1909: Hey! so my internet both ethernet and wifi on my desktop pc both keep jittering around 8-10 mbs and i have tried flushing dns, resetting my internet settings, updating drivers, nothing has worked so far, i plugged in my ethernet cable into my laptop and got he 100 mbs my...
  7. Is Windows 10 Limiting my Internet Speed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Windows 10 Limiting my Internet Speed?: So long story short, whenever I'm connected to my home WiFi using my trusty Windows powered laptop, with a speed in the range of around 10-15 Mbps, my said trusty laptop slices that speed and only uses half of it. Windows 10 never ceases to amaze me with how creative and...
  8. New Windows Install Limiting Download Speed to 5 mbs on Ethernet

New Windows Install Limiting Download Speed to 5 mbs on Ethernet: After struggling with the Windows Store and constantly having failed downloads, very irregular download speeds, and just your everyday Windows Store issues... I decided to reset my Windows installation. The new installation will not download anything faster than 5.2 mbs. I'm...
  9. [SOLVED] New Windows Install Limiting Download Speed to 5 mbs on Ethernet

[SOLVED] New Windows Install Limiting Download Speed to 5 mbs on Ethernet: EDIT: Resetting the router/modem the SECOND time seems to be working. After struggling with the Windows Store and constantly having failed downloads, very irregular download speeds, and just your everyday Windows Store issues... I decided to reset my Windows installation....
  10. New Windows Install Limiting Download Speed to 5 mbs on Ethernet

New Windows Install Limiting Download Speed to 5 mbs on Ethernet: After struggling with the Windows Store and constantly having failed downloads, very irregular download speeds, and just your everyday Windows Store issues... I decided to reset my Windows installation. The new installation will not download anything faster than 5.2 mbs. I'm...