Windows 10: Internet Speed drops, frequently need to reinstall wifi device and drivers

Discus and support Internet Speed drops, frequently need to reinstall wifi device and drivers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! I have been on windows insider dev build on my Hp omen 15 laptop for some time now. Recently, I have been facing a weird problem. I have an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Abhishek_24, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Internet Speed drops, frequently need to reinstall wifi device and drivers

Hi!

I have been on windows insider dev build on my Hp omen 15 laptop for some time now. Recently, I have been facing a weird problem. I have an internet speed of 60mbps but after some hours/days of usage, the internet speed randomly drops its usually the upload speed that drops drastically to 2-8mbps. The other devices get the full speed as expected. I have tried many ways to solve this problem like -

• restarting the computer.
    • reconnecting to the wifi network, forgetting and reconnecting.
    • connecting directly to the ethernet cable.
    • upgrading the device drivers to latest versions as well as rolling back to the versions that gave no problem.

The only solution that works is by uninstall the wifi device which is intel AX200 completely along with the delete device drivers options ticked and then rescanning hardware changes. After doing this, if I connect to the internet, I will get the full speeds as expected. This process needs to be done whenever the speed on my laptop drops which is usually after few hours of usage. The issue has been from insider build 21296.0 and exists even on current 21322.100 version.

Please help me solve this issue.

:)

Abhishek_24, Feb 25, 2021

2. Sudden drop in Wifi internet speed while Ethernet speed is ok

Hello,

I'm experiencing a sudden drop of internet speed only through my wifi connected device. I use to have 200mbps on my wifi connected device but recently they have dropped down to 15mbps, tested in the same location where I got 200mbps before. I checked the speed on my wired connection device and they are running a steady 200mbps internet speed. I tried rebooting the router (nighthawk x10 R9000) but no use.

Any advice?

Thank you

bfstunoodle, Feb 25, 2021
  3. brummyfan Win User
    Internet connection drops frequently, requires hard reset to fix

I don't think the router is at fault as you have mentioned that other devices working fine, I'm sure that you have the latest driver for your adapter, go to Device Manager, right click the adapter then select Properties, click Power Management tab, untick "Turn off this device to save power..." box.
    You can also switch to Open DNS or google DNS, open Network & Sharing Centre, click your network, click Properties in WiFi status window(bottom left), highlight "Internet Protocol version IPV4..." and click Properties, change the DNS server as in my snip.
    I'm using Opendns, if you want google dns, it's 8.8.8.8 Primary address and 8.8.4.4 Secondary.
    I would suggest you to leave MTU settings alone for the time being.

Internet Speed drops, frequently need to reinstall wifi device and drivers [​IMG]

Internet Speed drops, frequently need to reinstall wifi device and drivers [​IMG]

brummyfan, Feb 25, 2021
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Internet Speed drops, frequently need to reinstall wifi device and drivers

New laptop with Wifi Ac and Verizon Qualcomm router major speed drop

Open Settings, then Network & Internet, then Network and Sharing Center. Your WiFi connection will be shown under Active Networks. Click on the "link" for your WiFi connection. What speed is listed under Connection?

NavyLCDR, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Internet Speed drops, frequently need to reinstall wifi device and drivers

1. Internet Speed drops, frequently need to reinstall wifi device and drivers - Similar Threads - Internet Speed drops

2. wifi speed drops down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi speed drops down: My wifi normal speed is 50 mbps which I get using internet speed test.After working for some time using chrome and retesting speed it shows about 30mbps.If I restart my comouter or disconnect thr wifi and reconnect I restore the 50 mbps but for unspecified time after that it...
  3. internet speed dropped for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internet speed dropped for no reason: my download is all the way down to 3 mbps, i changed no settings to make this happen, it happened on its own after work about 8pm https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-speed-dropped-for-no-reason/79e8fa04-14b8-4078-8cfe-e4a6453595a2
  4. internet speed dropped for no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    internet speed dropped for no reason: my download is all the way down to 3 mbps, i changed no settings to make this happen, it happened on its own after work about 8pm https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-speed-dropped-for-no-reason/79e8fa04-14b8-4078-8cfe-e4a6453595a2
  5. internet speed dropped for no reason

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. WiFi internet dropped frequently at random time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi internet dropped frequently at random time?: This has been bugging me for almost 2 years. Since 19xx update, my WiFi seem dropped its internet connection (WiFi still connected, IP still OK. And no, my internet is FINE). I need to disconnect and reconnect when it happen. Happen frequently when boot PC or wake from sleep....
  7. Internet speed drops to half

Internet speed drops to half: Hello, its few months when I have this problem, and my provider said that my speed its not limited. But when I am downloading games (it happend with rockstar, and now with steam too) first 17gb its downloaded with normal speed, but after 17gb, speed drops at half and dont...
  8. Sudden drop in Wifi internet speed while Ethernet speed is ok

Sudden drop in Wifi internet speed while Ethernet speed is ok: Hello, I'm experiencing a sudden drop of internet speed only through my wifi connected device. I use to have 200mbps on my wifi connected device but recently they have dropped down to 15mbps, tested in the same location where I got 200mbps before. I checked the speed on my...
  9. Sudden drop in Wifi internet speed while Ethernet speed is ok

in Windows 10 Support
    Sudden drop in Wifi internet speed while Ethernet speed is ok: Hello, I'm experiencing a sudden drop of internet speed only through my wifi connected device. I use to have 200mbps on my wifi connected device but recently they have dropped down to 15mbps, tested in the same location where I got 200mbps before. I checked the speed on my...
  10. Sudden Internet Speed Drop

Sudden Internet Speed Drop: Hello. About 3 weeks ago I noticed I was getting between 40-60mb download, when my ISP package says 200mb. I was previously getting the full 200mb and then some. Technicians from my ISP came out, ran new cabling through the house and out to the pole, then tested it at the...