Windows 10: Internet speed is locked at 9 Mbps after doing a Network Reset

Discus and support Internet speed is locked at 9 Mbps after doing a Network Reset in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was experiencing issues connecting to a game. So one of the troubleshooting steps was to do a network reset. So I did one and now I can't get more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ElonMosque, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Internet speed is locked at 9 Mbps after doing a Network Reset

I was experiencing issues connecting to a game. So one of the troubleshooting steps was to do a network reset. So I did one and now I can't get more than 9 Mbps down. I used to be getting 100+ from the exact same location that my laptop is in. How can I fix this?

:)

ElonMosque, Apr 27, 2020
  2. Johannes Win User

Curious about the difference beteen G5 mbps and the 2.4 mbps network

On one PC I get on the G5, 75 mbps download and 8.6 mbps on the upload and ping 114 ms (speed test)
    On the other PC with 2.4 mbps I get on average 16.8 download and 4.6 upload and ping 21 ms (speed test)
    Yet the speed between the 2 PC's does not seem to be that much different when browsing.
    Furthermore, I tried to get the second PC also on the G5 but for some reason the G5 does not come up on the network list.
    I was told that being on the G5 you get less interference using Wi-Fi.
    Both PC's have the windows 10 OS.
    I did reset the modem and I reset the network, but it did not make the G5 come up on the network list of the second PC, whereas before I changed mine to the G5 from the 2.4 you could see that both were visible on the both PC's network list.

Johannes, Apr 27, 2020
  3. cereberus Win User
    Curious about the difference beteen G5 mbps and the 2.4 mbps network

You will not notice any browsing difference with your fairly fast speeds. The difference will be when you download things.

The 5 GHZ band will often be faster as routers use more advanced technology like MIMO.

Not all wifi cards are dual band capable.

cereberus, Apr 27, 2020
  4. DeshBhakt Win User

Internet speed is locked at 9 Mbps after doing a Network Reset

A specific network capping my Internet Speed

I own an ASUS Laptop and I have a WiFi set up at my house with a plan of 10 Mbps and the ISP has given me a user IP.

Since 3 days, the internet in my device is giving me not more than 1 Mbps. Now, the problem is

1. Whenever I use the IP with any other device, whether a mobile phone or another laptop, I get full 10 Mbps speed on that device.
    2. Whenever I connect to another device's hotspot that is connected to the same network with a different IP, I get full 10 Mbps speed.
    3. I tried resetting my Laptop, but it didn't work.
    4. I tried IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS, NBTSTAT –R, NBTSTAT –RR, NETSH INT IP RESET, NETSH WINSOCK RESET but it didn't work.
    5. Pinging Google DNS (8.8.8.8) gives me an average of 10-20ns.

Please help.

DeshBhakt, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Internet speed is locked at 9 Mbps after doing a Network Reset

1. Internet speed is locked at 9 Mbps after doing a Network Reset - Similar Threads - Internet speed locked

2. No internet after network reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet after network reset: I reset my network yesterday on my Windows 10 Pro laptop, and ever since it has been unable to connect to the internet via Wifi the network reads No Internet, secured. I am able to connect in other devices.To note is that I restarted before the automatic five minute restart...
  3. No internet after network reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet after network reset: I reset my network yesterday on my Windows 10 Pro laptop, and ever since it has been unable to connect to the internet via Wifi the network reads No Internet, secured. I am able to connect in other devices.To note is that I restarted before the automatic five minute restart...
  4. No internet after network reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 is limiting my internet speed to 100 mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 is limiting my internet speed to 100 mbps: Recently i installed Windows 10 on my computer and i noticed that my internet speed is limited to 100 mbps i get 200/50 from my ISP. Its not the problem in cables, router etc, because i have more computers in my house and everywhere speed is fine, i even was carrying this one...
  6. Windows 10 is limiting my internet speed to 100 mbps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 is limiting my internet speed to 100 mbps: Recently i installed Windows 10 on my computer and i noticed that my internet speed is limited to 100 mbps i get 200/50 from my ISP. Its not the problem in cables, router etc, because i have more computers in my house and everywhere speed is fine, i even was carrying this one...
  7. Windows 10 is limiting my internet speed to 100 mbps

8. internet speed limited to 45 mbps

internet speed limited to 45 mbps: i use windows 10 and its network is slow but in the win7 it is very fast and gets up to 140mbps speed internet but in win10 it is limited to 45mbps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-speed-limited-to-45-mbps/122b376c-3434-4726-8b09-ece5f25e4bbc
  9. Slow internet speeds after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow internet speeds after factory reset: Whenever I start a new app, it takes a while before it loads a page from the internet. For instance, I open chrome and it takes a few minutes before I can start browsing, after that wait period browsing speeds are fine. Then if I open edge, the same issue, but after a while...
  10. Internet download speed limited to 200 Mbps after fresh win installl

Internet download speed limited to 200 Mbps after fresh win installl: Win 10 Pro Asus RAMPAGE IV Extreme motherboard/ 3960x cpu/ 32gb RAM/ GTX 1080 x2 sli Intel 82579V gigabit onboard LAN Upgraded to 1 gig internet, which was working fine, then decided to update firmware, secure erase my ssd's and reinstall WIN 10 to get the drives back up to...