Windows 10: Internet speed is slow on all browsers

Discus and support Internet speed is slow on all browsers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, after the recent updateFebruary 2020 of windows 10 all my browsers like brave, firefox, chrome have a very slow speed to browse maximum of 64kbps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mike_Cr7, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Mike_Cr7 Win User

Internet speed is slow on all browsers

Hi, after the recent updateFebruary 2020 of windows 10 all my browsers like brave, firefox, chrome have a very slow speed to browse maximum of 64kbps my internet speed works fine on all my other devicesphone or pc. I also noticed idm's download speed works smoothly as usual. I tried restarting, flushing the dns using ipconfig /flushdns, i also stopped and disabled all other services other than the Microsoft services still nothing seems to change. To sum up the problem is with the browser speed. This is very frustrating i would appreciate any help.

:)

Mike_Cr7, Feb 15, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Slow Internet speed on only one computer.

Hi Cody,

Slow internet speed on one of your computer could be due to the following:

• Outdated network adapter driver
    • Different Wi-Fi chipset
    • Computer processing speed

Make sure that the network driver of your computer(s) are always updated.

We also suggest you to contact your internet service provider for them to check your internet connection speed and give you more information.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Remon Ont, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Slow Internet Download Speed from Browser/s but not from App.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I understand the difficulty you are facing with this internet speed issue on the browser. We will certainly help you with this issue.

• Do you have add-ons installed on the browser?

Let us try these steps to check if that helps.

Step 1: Suggest you to run the apps troubleshooter on the PC to
    fix problems with the Edge browser

You may also want to clear the temporary files on the PC to check if that helps.

1. Press Windows key + R to get the run window.
    2. Type %temp% and hit enter.
    3. Select all the files in that temp folder and delete them.
    Once this is done, restart the computer and open Edge browser to test the internet speed.

Step: 2: Further, you may also put the PC in a
    clean boot
    state to check if that helps. A “clean boot” starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your PC activity.

Note: Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality while in a clean boot environment, however, that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after you have finished your troubleshooting.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Rhina Vib Win User

Internet speed is really slow on any browser, except Edge

Hi Galih,

There are several possible reasons why your internet/download speed becomes slow on your Windows 10 computer. It can depend on different factors such as the type of connection, your internet connection speed and the speed of you computer.

For us to better assist you with this concern, we need to ask a few questions:

• Are you using a wired or wireless connection?
    • Were there any changes made prior to this issue?
    • What were you trying to download?
    • Do you experience similar issues when downloading other files?

For steps to help resolve connection issues, you can refer to the article on this

link

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Internet speed is slow on all browsers - Similar Threads - Internet speed slow

2. Slow internet on search on all browsers but has really good speed on speed tests

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow internet on search on all browsers but has really good speed on speed tests: Hello, why is my browsers slow when i search or open an image from any browser? my pc can go over 400mbps when i speed test but its slow when i search stuffs and open images. this started when i was on windows 10 and after some updates my pc started to become like this. i...
  3. Slow internet on search on all browsers but has really good speed on speed tests

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow internet on search on all browsers but has really good speed on speed tests: Hello, why is my browsers slow when i search or open an image from any browser? my pc can go over 400mbps when i speed test but its slow when i search stuffs and open images. this started when i was on windows 10 and after some updates my pc started to become like this. i...
  4. Internet speeds slow in browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet speeds slow in browsers: Hi all,Recently the internet in my browsers has been very slow, and when doing a speedtest it stays at 0 Mbps download for a few seconds before jumping to 70 Mbps, sitting there for 1/3 of the speedtest, then jumping to 100 Mbps, then slowly creeping up to 250 Mbps above what...
  5. Internet speeds slow in browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet speeds slow in browsers: Hi all,Recently the internet in my browsers has been very slow, and when doing a speedtest it stays at 0 Mbps download for a few seconds before jumping to 70 Mbps, sitting there for 1/3 of the speedtest, then jumping to 100 Mbps, then slowly creeping up to 250 Mbps above what...
  6. Slow Internet Speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow Internet Speed: Hello, I've been having problems with my internet on Windows 10.Usually my Download MB per second is 12 MB to 32 MB fast, but since I got a new windows after my old was broken, my internet has been acting weird, it takes literally 10 minutes for me to just download a 10 MB...
  7. Slow download speeds on all browsers i use

Slow download speeds on all browsers i use: Hello, my download speeds have been really slow on all browsers and download managers.The speed drops from 5mb/s to 200kb/s every time.Even downloading a simple image is a hustle.Can anyone help?...
  8. slowed internet speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    slowed internet speed: [ATTACH] ILitt(Customer)asked a question. Tuesday, April 9, 2019 5:54 AM I have a 300MB internet connection. It ran fine for several months and then the speed dropped to 89MB. I have had a tech service guy here and Spectrum. Both tell me my router and modem are...
  9. Slow speed of internet

Slow speed of internet: Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/slow-speed-of-internet/e2ad41f0-f2f1-4bc8-b564-75963e4c272a
  10. Internet speed slows for one computer but not all

Internet speed slows for one computer but not all: Internet slows down for one computer but not all of them, I have some troubleshooting information below. Code: [CMD] C:\Users\Jason>ipconfig /all Windows IP Configuration Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : JasonMcKay Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . : Node...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. all internet browsers slow