Windows 10: Internet speed limited to 100mbs

Discus and support Internet speed limited to 100mbs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! I recently upgraded my internet to 1 GB/s but my PC won't handle more than 100mbs. I tried changing my internet adapter settings to 1GB Full Duplex... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Interventiu, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Internet speed limited to 100mbs

Hi! I recently upgraded my internet to 1 GB/s but my PC won't handle more than 100mbs. I tried changing my internet adapter settings to 1GB Full Duplex but the status still shows 100mbs. I couldn't change that setting. So I disabled Windows firewall and this time I managed to change the status to 1GB Full Duplex, but when I enabled windows firewall it went back to 100mbs. Now I cannot redo the setting to 1GB even if i turn off the firewall again. Could you help me please?

:)

Interventiu, Feb 26, 2020
  2. Kyle Win User

Windows 10 Pro Internet Speed Limitation?

Hi guys.
    I've had to mark this as unresolved and bring it back up as the issue has returned. I am not sure what it is that is causing this as I haven't installed any program that would limit, manage/handle bandwidth usage.
    Below are a few screenshots of my Programs and Features list and the list of Windows Updates:

Internet speed limited to 100mbs [​IMG]

To also note; I have done a few speedtests and the result is the same as before I reinstalled Windows. (100-144Mbps) After reinstalling, for a few weeks I was getting my full speed. (380Mbps) Then it suddenly capped. My iPhone XR (being connected to my 5GHz WiFi network) gets the full speed.

I have also redone the "tweaks" for trying to remove the limitation as in tutorials on Google. No help. None of these "fixes" actually work. That is to say; updating my network card driver (in this case my TP-Link TG-3468 Gigabit Ethernet PCI card), using Command Prompt with the few commands suggested to use, GPEdit.msc, etc. None of these work. Windows 10 is still limiting/capping my Internet and it is beyond frustrating. Delivery Optimization is also disabled and Limit Reservable Bandwidth in QoS Packet Scheduler is set to 0%.

I should also note that my Private Internet Access VPN is disabled.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: Typing this into an elevated command prompt seemed to allow me to use more of my speed, but not 350Mbps+.
    I'm assuming it is peak times at the moment.

Internet speed limited to 100mbs b79c8b13-8099-463d-bea7-e6b97e46b502.png

3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 26, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Internet speed limited to 100mbs

Network speed limited?

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I would suggest you to run Windows updates and check. Microsoft has released driver patches which might fix such issues.

If it doesn't help, I suggest you to run in-built Internet Connections troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Internet Connections
      to run the troubleshooter.
    You may also visit your computer manufacturer website and check if your computer manufacturer have released windows 10 drivers for your wireless card adaptor.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

Yaqub K, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

Internet speed limited to 100mbs

1. Internet speed limited to 100mbs - Similar Threads - Internet speed limited

2. Windows 11 internet speed limitation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 internet speed limitation: Hello!I am facing a strange issue, namely my internet speed result is very different on my Win11 PC, depending I use browser or desktop application. I have ethernet connection.speedtest.net: ping 13ms, 810/149Mbps down/upSpeedtest destop app: ping 10ms, 141/75Mbps down/upSame...
  3. Windows 11 internet speed limitation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 internet speed limitation: Hello!I am facing a strange issue, namely my internet speed result is very different on my Win11 PC, depending I use browser or desktop application. I have ethernet connection.speedtest.net: ping 13ms, 810/149Mbps down/upSpeedtest destop app: ping 10ms, 141/75Mbps down/upSame...
  4. internet speed limited to 45 mbps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet speed limited to 45 mbps: i use windows 10 and its network is slow but in the win7 it is very fast and gets up to 140mbps speed internet but in win10 it is limited to 45mbps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-speed-limited-to-45-mbps/122b376c-3434-4726-8b09-ece5f25e4bbc
  5. Internet Speed Limited ONLY on this PC

Internet Speed Limited ONLY on this PC: Hello, I am currently out of ideas of what to try with this internet issue. I have a 1 gig internet connection and it is only testing 230MB. However, the same connection on ANY OTHER DEVICE in the house is testing just fine. The weird thing is it tests 230 even with WIFI...
  6. Internet speed limit

Internet speed limit: Hi, I'm using Win 10, and I have a cable internet connection, it's a business line, so it needs to be min 270Mb/s, most of the day I can get 75-85Mb/s on any test, but if I unplug the cable for a couple of seconds the speed picks up to 340-360Mb. Any Idea what could be the...
  7. Internet Speed is limited

Internet Speed is limited: So i recently got the 150mbps 5g connection and also on speed tester it gives me the 150mbps speed but somehow on doing other things like downloading games and videos and other stuff it is only limited to 17.6 mbps and does not go any higher than that. i tried searching the...
  8. Windows 10 Limiting Internet Speed

Windows 10 Limiting Internet Speed: Had this issue previously about a couple of months ago and solved it by doing "Network Reset" in the settings menu but now that doesn't work. Here's what I did: I flushed my DNS. I tried disabling and re-enabling my network drivers. I completely reset my network...
  9. Windows 10 limiting my internet speed?

Windows 10 limiting my internet speed?: I have a PC running windows 10, all of the latest updates have been installed and drivers are up to date and it is connected to a ethernet cable for internet. I have a gigabit ethernet service. When I run an internet speed test I get somewhere between 14 -40 Megabits/sec...
  10. Is Windows 10 Limiting my Internet Speed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Windows 10 Limiting my Internet Speed?: So long story short, whenever I'm connected to my home WiFi using my trusty Windows powered laptop, with a speed in the range of around 10-15 Mbps, my said trusty laptop slices that speed and only uses half of it. Windows 10 never ceases to amaze me with how creative and...