Windows 10: Internet speed loss

Discus and support Internet speed loss in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My internet speed is supposed to be 300mbps, but when I test the speed on my desktop computer which is running Windows 10, it only go up to around... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MunirAmerruddin, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Internet speed loss

My internet speed is supposed to be 300mbps, but when I test the speed on my desktop computer which is running Windows 10, it only go up to around 90mbps. Both on ethernet or wifi. It used to be 300mbps. When I test the internet speed using my phone, it is 300mbps alright. I contacted my service provider, there is no issue on their end. They suggested that it may be because of my PC.

I already try these troubleshoots:

- resetting winsock

- flushing dns

- reset ipv4/ipv6

- remove bandwidth limit

Please help

:)

MunirAmerruddin, Feb 27, 2021

2. My Internet speed loss

Hello,

Please do the following in the order listed, until one of the fixes work:

Router Reset

• Unplug your router, wait 10 seconds, then plug it back in. Make sure that all phone lines and cables that are plugged in to the back of your router are fully plugged in.
    Troubleshooting

• On the taskbar, right click on the internet connection icon. It should look something similar to one of these icons:

Internet speed loss 2b954335-22ed-47a3-a027-a9d45d253f59.png
    • Select Troubleshoot problems.
    • Wait for the result.
    Complete Reset of Internet Connection

• Go to the Start Menu
      Internet speed loss 2000px-Windows_logo_-_2012.svg.png
    • Type cmd and right-click on the result.
    • Select Run as Administrator.
    • The Command Prompt will open.
    • Type each of the following commands into the box in the order listed, then hit enter (after typing each line):
      • ipconfig /flushdns
      • nbtstat -R
      • nbtstst -RR
      • netsh int reset all
      • netsh int ipv4 reset
      • netsh int ipv6 reset
      • netsh winsock reset
    6. Restart your computer.

Malware Identification and Removal

• Download a malware scanner such as Hitman Pro, which is free (Google it). Make sure to download it from the
      surfright.nl website.

Internet speed can be tested at
    speedtest.net
    (Flash version) or beta.speedtest.net (non-Flash).

The issue still persists, even after following all of the steps above. What should I do?You can:

• Contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and explain your issue and what you have done currently to fix the problem.
    • Contact Microsoft (click here).
    • Post back here for more help.

Skat0r vista, Feb 27, 2021
  3. AndreePin Win User
    loss of internet connection

Hi Lawrence,

Since you are still experiening internet connection issue, what we can suggest is for you to try and have the Internet Connections troubleshooter. Kindly try the steps below:

• Right click the
      Start
      menu and select Control Panel.

• Change the
      View by: Categoryinto
      Large icons.

• Select and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Click
      Network and Internet.

• Click
      Internet Connections.

• Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.

• After troubleshooting is completed, check the status of the troubleshooter shown on the window.
    Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Feb 27, 2021
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Internet speed loss

Slow Internet speed on only one computer.

Hi Cody,

Slow internet speed on one of your computer could be due to the following:

• Outdated network adapter driver
    • Different Wi-Fi chipset
    • Computer processing speed

Make sure that the network driver of your computer(s) are always updated.

We also suggest you to contact your internet service provider for them to check your internet connection speed and give you more information.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Remon Ont, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

Internet speed loss

1. Internet speed loss - Similar Threads - Internet speed loss

2. Internet speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet speed: My ethernet speed is just 10mbps but when I disconnect the ethernet it shows link speed back to 1000gbps, after having a speed test it's shows 9-10mbps, how to increase the speed...
  3. Internet Speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Speed: My Internet Speed is 100 Mbps but on my Laptop it's showing not more than 45Mbps whereas on phone it shows100+mbps. Model Dell Inspiron 5537 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-speed/520da7d7-eaac-42a7-a621-9f1250d4e8bc
  4. Loss of internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Loss of internet connection: Have an intermittent problem whereby PC loses internet connectivity. Normally it thinks the connection is still up but no browser tried Firefox, Chrome and Edge nor Outlook can connect. Normally I can only resolve by disabling the adapter and then, after short pause of...
  5. Download Speed loss

Download Speed loss: I was recently put on BT fibre. Prior to that I got 17mbps download. On fibre I only get 20mb. I contacted BT who sent an engineer, who did not seem too confident in what he was doing. (I am 300mts from cabinet) He initially said there was no fault on line, then spoke to...
  6. Internet speed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet speed: For well over a month I've been experiencing issues with Windows 10 and the internet speeds I'm getting. I'm using wi-fi, and have no issues on any other devices just my windows 10 laptop! I'm attaching a link that shows how much my speeds fluctuated in a short amount of...
  7. Internet speed

Internet speed: Hello, A month ago I got a new solid state 1 tb hard drive...already using Windows 10. Everything has been fine, after working out the bugs, until now. Download speed is only 12 in room furthest from router, 30 or 50 or 70 in other rooms. On two other computers with windows...
  8. Loss of internet connection

Loss of internet connection: Lenovo M 700 desktop computer; Windows 10 64 bit; NetGear N300 WiFi Router, Firefox 54.0.1 On my desktop computer, the network keeps disconnecting from the internet during periods when my browser is closed. Also, frequently when it comes out of sleep. I've had no troubles...
  9. Loss of internet connectivity

Loss of internet connectivity: I am posting this in what may be a brief window of connectivity. Last night I was unable to restore either Ethernet or Wireless connectivity in any of the ways that usually work, including a network reset. My ISP (BT, UK) told me they had a fault but later changed their mind;...
  10. Internet Speeds

Internet Speeds: Hi folks, just looking for some information here. I have been a long-time Virgin Media customer and never really had cause to complain before. When we moved house back in May they had to do a fresh installation as they couldn't find the cable that came into the property...