Windows 10: Internet speed suddenly drops below 500Kbps.

Discus and support Internet speed suddenly drops below 500Kbps. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I am facing this problem on daily basis. I experience this most during youtube or watching any streaming service The internet speed will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EskoRaja, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Internet speed suddenly drops below 500Kbps.

Internet speed suddenly drops below 500Kbps. HZ-Pj9EAQTjACQwm5npRJfzE-bCWEAcPyR0nQcObKF0.jpg

I am facing this problem on daily basis. I experience this most during youtube or watching any streaming service

The internet speed will be fine when i start a video on youtube/ streaming service and the video loads till 1 minute or so and later it buffers or reduces quality. it takes a pause and then starts again.

i have observed similar in downloads also. after 10 - 20 % of download is completed the download speed drops below 150 Kbps and its kind of making me lose it.

This only happens at my home wifi. at office i dont have this problem.

i have oberved from taskmanager that the internet speed is looking like below.

Wifi Speed chart

The peaks you see are the ones video pauses and loads for next part.

My internet connection speed is as shown below during this i can see the same numbers.

Internet Speed Test Results

submitted by /u/EskoRaja
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EskoRaja, Feb 20, 2021

2. internet speed problem

hy all

I have a question regarding internet speed in my Lumia 730

if I use internet in phone via Airtel network in 3g speed then downloading speed shows from 100kbps to 300kbps and if I insert that sim in my android phone and make that device a WiFi device an I use net from WiFi in my Lumia then download speed comes from
    500kbps to 2mbps.

how??

is there any problem in my Lumia 730??

if anyone knows and having the same problem so please suggest me the way to ressolve it on my mail ✉ '*** Email address is removed for privacy ***'

Its very irritating in front of other frnds having the android an iPhone from this net speed

or u can contact me also my number is +XX-XXXXXXXXXX [phone number removed for privacy]

Shivam agarwal vodafone, Feb 20, 2021
  3. DL speed drop

Hi,BenjaminMello

My name is Erik. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

How many devices that are connected to the internet, possible that you been experience a high traffic connection to your internet,that's why the speed drop while you were downloading and if only one device is connected, I suggest to run a speed test, make sure
    to get the download speed and then the Upload speed, if the Upload speed getting only 1mbps and then you have an issue to your connection, and I suggest to contact your service provider and to trace your line connection and asked what is the upload standard
    upload speed that you have in the package of your internet, because if your getting a 40 Mbps of speed expect the upload speed should be more than 5 Mbps to 10 mbps.that will depend what packaged that

EriksonBautista24, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Internet speed suddenly drops below 500Kbps.

DL speed drop

Hi, BenjaminMello

My name is Erik. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

How many devices that are connected to the internet, possible that you experience a high traffic connection to your internet, that's why the speed drop while you were downloading and if only one device is connected, I suggest to run a speed test, make sure
    to get the download speed and then the Upload speed, if the Upload speed getting only 1mbps and then you have an issue to your connection, and I suggest to contact your service provider and to trace your line connection and asked what is the upload standard
    upload speed that you have in the package of your internet because if your getting a 40 Mbps of speed to expect the upload speed should be more than 5 Mbps to 10 mbps.that will depend on what packaged that you have.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Regards,

Erik

Independent Advisor

EriksonBautista24, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Internet speed suddenly drops below 500Kbps.

1. Internet speed suddenly drops below 500Kbps. - Similar Threads - Internet speed suddenly

2. Why is my internet speed dropping suddenly to kbps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my internet speed dropping suddenly to kbps?: My internet speed suddenly drops to few kbps. The only thing that fixes it is to toggle the airplane mode off and on again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-internet-speed-dropping-suddenly-to-kbps/89203f1a-e9aa-49bf-b2b2-0a95ed18df1f
  3. Why is my internet speed dropping suddenly to kbps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my internet speed dropping suddenly to kbps?: My internet speed suddenly drops to few kbps. The only thing that fixes it is to toggle the airplane mode off and on again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-internet-speed-dropping-suddenly-to-kbps/89203f1a-e9aa-49bf-b2b2-0a95ed18df1f
  4. Sudden drop in Upload Speed

Sudden drop in Upload Speed: Fresh install of Windows 10 on my computer, I checked the Download/Upload speed this morning, and I was getting pretty symmetrical speeds. about 900 Mbps down/up.But now my Upload speed has dropped dramatically, I still get 900 Mbps Download but only 70 Mbps Upload...
  5. Internet download speed suddenly dropped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet download speed suddenly dropped: Hello, I recently experienced a huge drop in my internet download speed. I have an HP pavilion 15 laptop dual boot with Windows 10 and Ubuntu 20.4.When I am on Ubuntu I have a download speed of roughly 200MB/s, and that's quite consistent. However, it's been a couple of weeks...
  6. Internet download speed suddenly dropped

Internet download speed suddenly dropped: Hello, I recently experienced a huge drop in my internet download speed. I have an HP pavilion 15 laptop dual boot with Windows 10 and Ubuntu 20.4.When I am on Ubuntu I have a download speed of roughly 200MB/s, and that's quite consistent. However, it's been a couple of weeks...
  7. Internet download speed suddenly dropped

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Sudden drop in Wifi internet speed while Ethernet speed is ok

Sudden drop in Wifi internet speed while Ethernet speed is ok: Hello, I'm experiencing a sudden drop of internet speed only through my wifi connected device. I use to have 200mbps on my wifi connected device but recently they have dropped down to 15mbps, tested in the same location where I got 200mbps before. I checked the speed on my...
  9. Sudden drop in Wifi internet speed while Ethernet speed is ok

in Windows 10 Support
    Sudden drop in Wifi internet speed while Ethernet speed is ok: Hello, I'm experiencing a sudden drop of internet speed only through my wifi connected device. I use to have 200mbps on my wifi connected device but recently they have dropped down to 15mbps, tested in the same location where I got 200mbps before. I checked the speed on my...
  10. Sudden Internet Speed Drop

Sudden Internet Speed Drop: Hello. About 3 weeks ago I noticed I was getting between 40-60mb download, when my ISP package says 200mb. I was previously getting the full 200mb and then some. Technicians from my ISP came out, ran new cabling through the house and out to the pole, then tested it at the...